Vikings is back on tonight with a new season

I've been reading a bunch about the real Ivar the Boneless. I just can't believe one of the greatest warriors and conquers was a cripple. It seems more likely that he fought in such a way that he spun and twisted and moved like he didn't have bones. So he was dubbed Ivar the Boneless b/c of his fighting style not b/c there was something wrong with his bones. That's just a theory some historians have though. It makes more sense than a cripple leading an army of Vikings.

As far as the episode. I really liked it! It's awesome to have Vikings back on!!!
Yeah I probably like that theory the most. That he was super athletic and flexible. Also like the hated theory that that other guy posted above me.

Rollo pulling some shemes. That’s crazy how much he is demanding are they going to give it to him?

Rollo pulling some shemes. That’s crazy how much he is demanding are they going to give it to him?

That's what I wonder too. Ivar doesn't have the people to attack Frankia and Rollo. But does Rollo really want to attack Ivar and the Vikings? What if they just don't pay him, is he going to come attack and invade? I don't think Rollo's King would be all about losing his men b/c of Rollo's ego and greed.

Damn, I still need to catch up and watch last season.

That's what I wonder too. Ivar doesn't have the people to attack Frankia and Rollo. But does Rollo really want to attack Ivar and the Vikings? What if they just don't pay him, is he going to come attack and invade? I don't think Rollo's King would be all about losing his men b/c of Rollo's ego and greed.

Ivars rage about killing Lagertha is CRINGE....

Somewhere in season 1 they did imply something had happened between Rollo and Lagertha in the past. I remember because I always wondered if we'd get any expansion on that and now we have.

Oh really? I must have forgot it was so long ago. I always remembered her just straight up denying him.

Oh really? I must have forgot it was so long ago. I always remembered her just straight up denying him.
Yeah that was pretty much the case. I think it was maybe no more than a few lines where Rollo and Lagertha referred to it. Could have been reading a shitpost on sherdog and missed ut.

My problem is the viking culture was much different than the ones you mentioned. Having a guy crawling on the floor is not going to be taken seriously by anyone in that culture.
They arent the klingons they are nornaly shown as though man they were a lot more . An Obsessively clean and neat people , professional warrior forces , a complex legal system, democratic elements in their society etc etc ut isnt what tv and movies has us associate with them but its what we now know of how they really were , same as how a cripple could command as long as he rules well.. plus as long as hes winning and gaining the men more land/power etc they couldnt give a shit if hes got weak bones!

So I finally watched the episode it was actually better than I thought it would be. I like where the story is heading. I hate that they are saying Bjorn is Rollo's son that was stupid and should have never been written into the show. Never once did they imply earlier on that Lagaetha and Rollo had slept together and with how hard he was trying it would have been mentioned. Also even if this was the case why would Rollo help Ivar kill his son? He had to know it was possible that would happen. Also why not throw your support behind your own fucking son that your so desperate to reconnect with but now you've openly betrayed? It's like they came up with this idea during the break and tried to show horn it into the show for shock value.

Oh well I like where the show is heading other than that.

The show had Ragnar and Lagertha asking Athelstan to join them in bed. They showed Ragnars 3 sons sharing a woman. Maybe it was a common practice and Ragnar and Rollo had both bedded Lagertha.

The show had Ragnar and Lagertha asking Athelstan to join them in bed. They showed Ragnars 3 sons sharing a woman. Maybe it was a common practice and Ragnar and Rollo had both bedded Lagertha.

Yea this is possible and it was even mentioned that apparently they did bring it up in season 1. Either way I don't like it. I preferred Bjorn being Ragnars son. Oh well I thought this was the last season but apparently they are going to keep going? Man just end it already.

Yea this is possible and it was even mentioned that apparently they did bring it up in season 1. Either way I don't like it. I preferred Bjorn being Ragnars son. Oh well I thought this was the last season but apparently they are going to keep going? Man just end it already.

I think the problem nowadays (and this happened/is happening to The Walking Dead too) is that the shows aren't as good as they were a few seasons ago. However they still outdraw everything else the network can offer and still get the most viewers. So the network has no reason to pull the plug on it. Even if they aren't getting the number of viewers they were at the beginning or even if the show sucks compared to what it used to be, it's still their biggest money maker and they will milk it until it's dry.

I think without Ragnar's charisma, Vikings is really suffering. I understand why it had to happen with Ragnar's death and I loved the whole process. But without him something is just missing. Nobody has taken the lead and gave us someone to love and hate at the same time.

I think the show is missing Ecbert too. I loved his character. He was the "good Christian" but deep down he was willing to sacrifice everything including his own son and his religion if it meant him gaining power. He also had that soft spot for Ragnar in which he and Ragnar could talk openly and honeslty to each other and respect each other. His final talks with Ragnar were awesome.

I think the problem nowadays (and this happened/is happening to The Walking Dead too) is that the shows aren't as good as they were a few seasons ago. However they still outdraw everything else the network can offer and still get the most viewers. So the network has no reason to pull the plug on it. Even if they aren't getting the number of viewers they were at the beginning or even if the show sucks compared to what it used to be, it's still their biggest money maker and they will milk it until it's dry.

Yep this is easily the case with the History channel. I'm not going to say I'm done yet. I'll see where this season goes and then decide if I bother to pick it back up in season 6. The walking dead I actually dropped this season when I planned on waiting until Rick left. Once the season started though I just didn't care.

I enjoyed the episode, though it was definitely one of building the story and the background vs any big battles.

I always like Lagertha and I wonder what her angle is here. She's too smart to just get played like a fool and too strong to wander around shopping for fruit and being Heahmund's lover in hiding I think.

Bjorn is pretty good and a true old school Viking. Not exactly smart at trying to make deals or work towards mutually beneficial agreements though.

We didn't learn much new about any of the other brothers really.

We learned 2 things about Heahmund - 1. He talks like Batman. 2. He sees himself as super holy but only wants to follow the laws of God that he feels like following......I guess murder and fornication are OK for him.

Wow......so basically this season we've had 3 (or is it 4 already) episodes where nothing has really happened that's new news to us. I guess in 3 episodes we figured out.

Heahmund likes the Lagertha poon and kills whoever he wants.
Lagertha and crew (Bjorn) have to run to England.
Ivar is still creepy and insane and thinks he's a god.
Harold still wants to be king of everything and schemes to overthrow everyone.
Floki is still stuck in the exact same place with the exact same problems.

That's it right? Did miss much else in 3 hours worth of watching.

Back