Vikings is back on tonight with a new season

The plot twist of Bjorn possibly being Rollo's son was interesting but how was Rollo able to find Lagertha and Bjorn when nobody else could? I was thinking that Ivar would kill Rollo but he wanted to know where Lagertha was.

Just checked my DVR, TS is right. Thanks for the heads up.

Will be sure to fast forward the weird parts.

This show fell off once Ragnar died . YOu got some cripple who can’t even walk terrorizing everyone it’s a joke .

It’s like a super low budget game of thrones

They really jumped the shark with the scary cripple. Like I'm supposed to believe some of the greatest warriors in our history. Some of the most savage human beings to ever live were scared of a guy who fucking crawls on the ground? GTFO. I watch this show just to see it end already that's it. Going to wait till this season is over probably and then just binge it.

The plot twist of Bjorn possibly being Rollo's son was interesting but how was Rollo able to find Lagertha and Bjorn when nobody else could? I was thinking that Ivar would kill Rollo but he wanted to know where Lagertha was.

They went to the same place they all hid from Jarl Borg in like Season 2.

They really jumped the shark with the scary cripple. Like I'm supposed to believe some of the greatest warriors in our history. Some of the most savage human beings to ever live were scared of a guy who fucking crawls on the ground? GTFO. I watch this show just to see it end already that's it. Going to wait till this season is over probably and then just binge it.

I've been reading a bunch about the real Ivar the Boneless. I just can't believe one of the greatest warriors and conquers was a cripple. It seems more likely that he fought in such a way that he spun and twisted and moved like he didn't have bones. So he was dubbed Ivar the Boneless b/c of his fighting style not b/c there was something wrong with his bones. That's just a theory some historians have though. It makes more sense than a cripple leading an army of Vikings.

As far as the episode. I really liked it! It's awesome to have Vikings back on!!!

So I finally watched the episode it was actually better than I thought it would be. I like where the story is heading. I hate that they are saying Bjorn is Rollo's son that was stupid and should have never been written into the show. Never once did they imply earlier on that Lagaetha and Rollo had slept together and with how hard he was trying it would have been mentioned. Also even if this was the case why would Rollo help Ivar kill his son? He had to know it was possible that would happen. Also why not throw your support behind your own fucking son that your so desperate to reconnect with but now you've openly betrayed? It's like they came up with this idea during the break and tried to show horn it into the show for shock value.

Oh well I like where the show is heading other than that.

I've been reading a bunch about the real Ivar the Boneless. I just can't believe one of the greatest warriors and conquers was a cripple. It seems more likely that he fought in such a way that he spun and twisted and moved like he didn't have bones. So he was dubbed Ivar the Boneless b/c of his fighting style not b/c there was something wrong with his bones. That's just a theory some historians have though. It makes more sense than a cripple leading an army of Vikings.

As far as the episode. I really liked it! It's awesome to have Vikings back on!!!

Lesser men have been in charge. Baldwin the IV of Kingdom of Heaven Fame really a leper. Joan of Arc really was a woman. Obama was the Commander in Chief of the most destructive military force in history for like 8 years. Heck that guy was even voted in. He has no combat experience at all.

Can they just cut this Floki garbage already? Rest was good..

The GOAT rollo is back

Lesser men have been in charge. Baldwin the IV of Kingdom of Heaven Fame really a leper. Joan of Arc really was a woman. Obama was the Commander in Chief of the most destructive military force in history for like 8 years. Heck that guy was even voted in. He has no combat experience at all.

My problem is the viking culture was much different than the ones you mentioned. Having a guy crawling on the floor is not going to be taken seriously by anyone in that culture.

So I finally watched the episode it was actually better than I thought it would be. I like where the story is heading. I hate that they are saying Bjorn is Rollo's son that was stupid and should have never been written into the show. Never once did they imply earlier on that Lagaetha and Rollo had slept together and with how hard he was trying it would have been mentioned. Also even if this was the case why would Rollo help Ivar kill his son? He had to know it was possible that would happen. Also why not throw your support behind your own fucking son that your so desperate to reconnect with but now you've openly betrayed? It's like they came up with this idea during the break and tried to show horn it into the show for shock value.

I also thought that was stupid. I don't really recall there being any sort of hint that Bjorn was Rollo's son. And what's the point of bringing it up now, other than to maybe prove that Bjorn was following in Ragnar's footsteps regardless of who his biological dad was. I think Bjorn talks and acts a lot like Ragnar anyway. It was just a cheap trick or some crappy idea like you said and made zero sense why Rollo would destroy his own son's army. Unless Rollo liked greed and power more than his own family......which is very much the case. I mean Rollo did try to kill Ragnar and basically slaughtered a whole bunch of his own people in Frankia.

The GOAT rollo is back

Agreed! I loved Floki's character and thought he was great on the show the first few seasons. But this whole "land of the gods" side story is lame. I don't care if it eventually ties back in to the main plot or not. At this point it's stupid and serves no purpose. It isn't even exciting or new. I guess if you like Edge (or is it Christian?) from WWE it's kind of cool to see him in the show for a bit.

Unless Rollo liked greed and power more than his own family......which is very much the case. I mean Rollo did try to kill Ragnar and basically slaughtered a whole bunch of his own people in Frankia.

Yep and I would have immediately jumped to this being the issue. Except that theory was destroyed when they had Rollo begging for them to come with him and literally ready to have his own son kill him. Then when given the chance to explain himself he literally just didn't answer it was fucking frustrating.

The GOAT rollo is back

Agreed! I loved Floki's character and thought he was great on the show the first few seasons. But this whole "land of the gods" side story is lame. I don't care if it eventually ties back in to the main plot or not. At this point it's stupid and serves no purpose. It isn't even exciting or new. I guess if you like Edge (or is it Christian?) from WWE it's kind of cool to see him in the show for a bit.

Forgot about this. Yes please end that shit already.

My problem is the viking culture was much different than the ones you mentioned. Having a guy crawling on the floor is not going to be taken seriously by anyone in that culture.

So there are a few theories floating around. The one is.

1. He did actually have a bone disease that was very visible (I don't really believe it based on the Viking culture as you mentioned)

2. I mentioned earlier that he fought with an acrobatic spinning style that made it appear he fought like he had no bones

3. He was impotent or suffered from erectile dysfunction.....hence boneless....though I don't know that he'd live with that joke of a title

4. He was actually Ivar the Hated. However in Latin 'hated" would be Exosus. The Latin word for "without bones" or "no bones" would be translated as "Exos". It's possible some scribe messed it up or it got messed up in translation over the years. At least that's on wikipedia. "Ivar that Hated" would make a lot of sense from the English records. "although it is hard to align this theory with the direct translation of his name given in Norse sources"

Last edited:
So there are a few theories floating around. The one is.

1. He did actually have a bone disease that was very visible (I don't really believe it based on the Viking culture as you mentioned)

2. I mentioned earlier that he fought with an acrobatic spinning style that made it appear he fought like he had no bones

3. He was impotent or suffered from erectile dysfunction.....hence boneless....though I don't know that he'd live with that joke of a title

4. He was actually Ivan the Hated. However in Latin 'hated" would be Exosus. The Latin word for "without bones" or "bones" would be translated as "Exos". It's possible some scribe messed it up or it got messed up in translation over the years. At least that's on wikipedia. "Ivar that Hated" would make a lot of sense from the English records. "although it is hard to align this theory with the direct translation of his name given in Norse sources"

Nice. #4 and #1 sound the most probable to me. I don't doubt that he might have had some issue with his bones. Literally crawling on the floor though? That's to much. Give him a huge pimp limp or some shit and just make him a warrior who learned to fight with his limp. I could believe that way more than what they did.

Somewhere in season 1 they did imply something had happened between Rollo and Lagertha in the past. I remember because I always wondered if we'd get any expansion on that and now we have.

Back