[videos, info] Evangelista Santos suffers frontal sinus fracture (reported as fractured skull)

Fiestar

Sean McCorkle
@purple
Reaction score
Latest info:

The incident:

Video from the crowd:

Bellator to pay Santos' medical bills and pay him win bonus: http://mmajunkie.com/?p=202952-

Cnlmd3_WIAEmg4v.jpg:large

The GoFundMe for Santos:
www.gofundme.com/CyborgBellatorMMA

Saturday evening, after the fight:
GfAWe9b.jpg

- Shame on mmafighting.com and mmajunkie for not even mentioning this incident 16+ hours after it happened. Ariel Helwani was tweeting other things the night of the incident, several hours after.

- While mma outlets are reporting this as a 'fractured skull', Doc Sherdogger @reveler is saying it's a sinus fracture.

Last edited:
Damn. Hope the best for him.

I thought that when the knee landed then it was just MVP and BJM no Cyborg in the cage...sucks it was true

That's fucked, hope he recovers well

He literally has a dent in his forehead... That's car crash victim shit.

Damn Cyborg is a tough dude I knew when he went down like that and stayed down it wasn't good. I wish him well and hope he decides to call it quits for MMA. He would make a great trainer for fighters coming into the sport instead.

When he went down the first thing i thought was that's not a guy that's out that's a guy down in pain. The way he grabbed himself wasn't right. He looked like he was in physical pain. I wish him well. It will be a tough recovery. I hope they are covered by insurance.

Back