(video) Shogun Rua on Anthony Smith " I hope to win in any way" UFC Hamburg

I’ve been really impressed with smith. But I apparently missed the Thiago santos fight.

I hate to say it but I think smith beats
Shogun fairly easy. 1st or second round stoppage.

(I post this as a jinx so shogun wins)

I’ve been really impressed with smith. But I apparently missed the Thiago santos fight.

I hate to say it but I think smith beats
Shogun fairly easy. 1st or second round stoppage.

(I post this as a jinx so shogun wins)
The Santos fight was a good one...should watch it...there is no quitting in Smith

Smiths been finished over 10 times and is moving up in weight. You really don't see a way?
On the other side...
Smith is younger, taller, more reach, probably faster, heavier...and still got 2 knees under him...and the move up to LHW was just a matter of time...he was gigantic at MW.

The W over Rashad might be a good confidence builder...but Evans is more than done...he hasn't looked good at all in his last 6 fights or so...

This is gonna be a very interesting fight on Sunday

I think it's safe to say that the only way this fight ends is via KO / TKO for either guy.

Both these guys are stand and bang warriors with nasty striking.

Seems like every time I think this, it's virtually guaranteed to be a boring snooze fest. See: Ngannou/Lewis, Condit/Diaz, etc.

UFC hall of famer shogun is back should be a great fight interesting to see what shogun turns up

Ok so Eduardo does a good job translating the whole thing except the last part lol Shogun's answer is more like I'll beat him either way, it doesn't matter where the fight take us. He's excited and confident.

How exactly does Shogun win this fight though? I mean I want to see it, but I don't see it.

Any way he wants.

Smith uses his face as a catcher's mitt for punches, his TDD is average at best, has no ground game, and is reckless as fuck with his striking, and has an average chin.

Shogun can KO him straight up, KO him from a counter, take him down TKO with gnp, submit him, UD by picking him apart, or UD by takedowns and positional control.

This is Shogun's fight to lose, Smith may get lucky like OSP did, but I seriously doubt it.

Ok so Eduardo does a good job translating the whole thing except the last part lol Shogun's answer is more like I'll beat him either way, it doesn't matter where the fight take us. He's excited and confident.

thanks for the heads up

Statments like this get lost in translation

I think hes saying he will win any way he needs to. I expect a grapplig heavy attack from Rua. Hes lightyears better on the ground

I’d like to see Shogun going for a single leg, putting Smith on his back and pounding away. His gnp used to be terrifying, i don’t think he’s used it much lately. That could be a good plan.

I’d say there’s a good possibility that he comes to BANG and there is two outcomes there. Someone gets KO’d!

War Shogun!

FlawlessAcrobaticArchaeocete-size_restricted.gif

I’d like to see Shogun going for a single leg, putting Smith on his back and pounding away. His gnp used to be terrifying, i don’t think he’s used it much lately. That could be a good plan.

I’d say there’s a good possibility that he comes to BANG and there is two outcomes there. Someone gets KO’d!

War Shogun!

FlawlessAcrobaticArchaeocete-size_restricted.gif
Lmao

I love that gif
Little guy is tryin too hard

Back