Video : KO of the Week: Edson Barboza vs Beneil Dariush

Arm Barbarian

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
This is Edsons main hope against Khabib, along with his hands. He's gotta be VERY careful winging kicks.

But this type of knee, if timed right, could shut ANYONES lights out. Ouch.

I'm so torn coming into this fight. Everything Barboza does is beautiful but I think Khabib has what it takes to be a dominant champ (barring injury).

Unfortunately For Edson, Khabib usually only shoots in while he's super close. Gonna be hard to time a knee like that. I think he's gonna aim for low kicks for days.

I don't see Barboza winning but if he does, I won't even be mad. He's a good guy.

This is Edsons main hope against Khabib, along with his hands. He's gotta be VERY careful winging kicks.

considering the way barboza kicks, imho, it'll be hard for Khabib to catch a leg. He's way too explosive. Barboza should keep the distance and mix the kicks to the leg, body and head, keep him guessing.

Khabib has to close the distance quick and tire those leg out. I have a feeling he'll do it. Guy is waaay too strong for the division (how a guy his size grapples with luke and DC is beyond me) and if he gets ahold of edson in the first quickly he'll more than likely win the fight.

Heart says barboza, mind says Khabib. Khabib by decision or late sub.

Dariush was winning. Shame that he went for the td.

Watched it live, and that sound was the most brutal thing I've heard all year.

ko-barboza-dariush.gif

<{you!}>

Awesome knockout. Don't see it happening against Khabib. But dang... that would be sweet. Pumped to see them scrap in a couple of weeks.

considering the way barboza kicks, imho, it'll be hard for Khabib to catch a leg. He's way too explosive. Barboza should keep the distance and mix the kicks to the leg, body and head, keep him guessing.

Khabib has to close the distance quick and tire those leg out. I have a feeling he'll do it. Guy is waaay too strong for the division (how a guy his size grapples with luke and DC is beyond me) and if he gets ahold of edson in the first quickly he'll more than likely win the fight.

Heart says barboza, mind says Khabib. Khabib by decision or late sub.
I agree with you. And Barboza has ben saying in interviews that he is not afraid to kick because he knows it´s very hard for his opponents to catch his kicks because of its speed and power. So I really hope he throws them like you said.

Dariush was doing well(even in the kicks surprisingly) but as it progressed he got too predictable with his jab -> level change.

Khabib will have a less refined approach and just fire off combinations to set up his entries to the clinch. Whether that works for him here as it usually does will come down to Barboza's defensive footwork, cage awareness, and how much damage Edson can rack up on Khabib's legs + body to slow him down.

Hopefully the fight happens, it's an intriguing one.

I think Habib will apply takedowns from clinch near the cage and not gonna shoot so carelss like this.

Seeing more and more of these types of ko's lately or some kind of similar variation of them. Marcin Held got ko'd in the 3rd round by something similar, aljo ducked into a kick for a takedown which caught him with the knee flush, there are more I'm sure of it just can't remember atm

Been a barbosa fan since the beginning

I see him winning like this 2/10 time though. Tough matchup

Back