Video games that would make good movies

Second one was a loose interpretation of the third game, which in the SH universe actually follows the first game instead of the second (again, more points for true to source materialness). There's a few things about the plot they lifted straight from the game which was worth the price of admission to me. The only thing out of whack was Pyramid Head who basically assumes Valtiel's role but in this case, as in the first movie, not having Pyramid Head in a Silent Hill movie would make me sad.

I am physically incapable of giving you an unbiased review. Please dl and then purchase the DVD if you liked it. :D

I'm guess you worked on it? :icon_lol:

We are not prepared for that yet, IMO.

but yea, I like that idea too.

I believe he has one of the richest backstories less Arthas Menethil, even then I really prefered the Nightelf campaign over human in Warcraft 3.

Heavy Rain without a doubt. might as well be playing a movie in that one.

My Picks:
1) Mechwarrior. I think with today's CGI we would have a really good story here if we could start the franchise with the introduction of the Clans returning to the Inner Sphere. Probably pick anyone of the Inner sphere house units as the main character and the clan units as the villains. Lots of explosions, and epic battles.

2)Something along the lines of Eve Online: pretty much have the main character start out as a new capsuleer in one of the great houses as say a miner who gets ambushed by pirates or something and joins the military to avenge the deaths of his comrades... yada yada. HUGE SPACE BATTLES!

3) halflife

My Picks:
1) Mechwarrior. I think with today's CGI we would have a really good story here if we could start the franchise with the introduction of the Clans returning to the Inner Sphere. Probably pick anyone of the Inner sphere house units as the main character and the clan units as the villains. Lots of explosions, and epic battles.

MechWarrior would be so badass.

Reading back through some of this bump is funny some of the mentioned ones have been done and flopped. M

And some of them are being done currently.

I would love a GOOD Doom movie, and rage would be good roo

Metal Gear Solid, but Hollywood hotshots would surely fuck them all up... and produce shitty movies.

I had a great idea for a TV show based on Excitebike but then Sons of Anarchy showed up and it was basically that.

Bayonetta could be awesome, but would never be done correctly. I can't even think of a single person that could pull her off.

The Last of Us (currently in development hell):

CxGi59M.jpg

L.A. Noire:

la_noire_movie_poster_by_francus321-d4ladh1.jpg

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City:

gta_vice_city_movie_poster_sonny_forelli_by_siezlak-d9jn60c.jpg

Last edited:
L.A. Noire:

la_noire_movie_poster_by_francus321-d4ladh1.jpg

Lol they could just get Aaron Staton to play Cole Phelps

mad-men-staton28.jpg

My vote is for Mass Effect, Bioshock and Deus Ex series. Very rich stories with interesting world's characters, plots and villains.

Something VG movies desperately need.

Games that are more more crime, horror, space sci-fi can work. If its too much fantasy I don't see it working out. Games that are really more of an interactive story eg. Heavy Rain, Until Dawn, etc. would work well.

That said, if possible what would be great as films would be:
  • Bioshock
  • Deus Ex
  • Deadspace
  • Last of Us
  • Vice City
  • Mirror's Edge
  • Fallout
  • Heavy Rain

On a somewhat related note, I dunno why, but in sci-fi games, the costumes and design look awesome, but once it goes live, it ends up looking kinda lame for the most part. Current graphics are pretty similar to what we have in real life, so I wonder where the disconnect happened. I've seen high profile cosplay done for Adam Jensen (DE:HR & MD) and it looks worse. His outfit's essentially a designer trenchcoat and sunglasses, but its still looks dun goofed irl.

I've prolly said this already pages ago but ill say it again SOUL REAVER SOUL REAVER SOUL REAVER <20><20>

from series start to finish too

Back