Video games that would make good movies

If Hollywood still had any talent left, the Metal Gear series would make some great movies.

tenor.gif

I even thought of the teaser trailer. It would just be a black screen, with Snake's codec beeping, and then suddenly the iconic "Snake! Snake! Snaaaaaake!" shout coming after it, followed by the words "Metal Gear" in classic font in green across the black screen.

Lol they could just get Aaron Staton to play Cole Phelps

mad-men-staton28.jpg

My vote is for Mass Effect, Bioshock and Deus Ex series. Very rich stories with interesting world's characters, plots and villains.

Something VG movies desperately need.

I think Ben McKenzie who plays James Gordon in Gotham would be a good choice for the main guy in L.A Noire. Looks the part and its basically the same character.

I think something set around Red Dead Redemption would be good. Perhaps something that tells Marstons back story.

I think Ben McKenzie who plays James Gordon in Gotham would be a good choice for the main guy in L.A Noire. Looks the part and its basically the same character.

I think something set around Red Dead Redemption would be good. Perhaps something that tells Marstons back story.

Not sure who that is I don't watch Gotham.

I posted Aaron Staton cause he was the actor who was mo-capped and voice acted the main protagonist Cole Phelps. You could literally just put him in the live action movie and it would be like the game.

Not sure who that is I don't watch Gotham.

I posted Aaron Staton cause he was the actor who was mo-capped and voice acted the main protagonist Cole Phelps. You could literally just put him in the live action movie and it would be like the game.

Ah, didn't realise that.

The character he plays in Gotham is very similar to the character in L.A Noire.

Ah, didn't realise that.

The character he plays in Gotham is very similar to the character in L.A Noire.

Never watched Mad Men but I am assuming Take Two or Rockstar cast him cause he nailed the late 40's, early 50's era, young up and commer beat cop/detective vibe from Mad Men.

hms-la-noire.jpg

Never watched Mad Men but I am assuming Take Two or Rockstar cast him cause he nailed the late 40's, early 50's era, young up and commer beat cop/detective vibe from Mad Men.

hms-la-noire.jpg

Yeah when you see them side by side you can see it a lot easier.

Doesn't particularly realise they'd hired a known actor to model him, though out makes sense considering the amount of expressions and whatever they had to capture.

Where’d you dig this thread out of? Last post before yours was 4 years and 7 months before yours.

I am looking for a clippy thread about games on Facebook and put Farmville on the search thing and found this thread in the process.

I think Bioshock lends itself the best for a movie adaptation, because you could form a new story around it's universe, without pissing fans off too much.

What I don't want to see, is a movie made from any videogame, where they try to follow the game's narrative too closely. This is why I think MGS would fail. The stories are good...for a videogame. They only work in videogame form. Half of the stories are told in codec conversations, where the player is being fed details in long winded conversations. Try to compress one of it's long stories into a two hour movie, and it would be a complete mess. There are also fantastical elements that just wouldn't translate to a live action movie. Yeah, try showing Snake fight a man made of bees, or a guy who has electricity running through his body. Try explaining Revolver Ocelot's story on screen. It would be laughable.

The thing is, when you take away all of the videogame shit, and strip it down to it's basics, you're left with a fairly run of the mill story about a secret agent, that we've seen a million times before. Leave MGS in the videogame world.

LOL, this thread is over four years old.

Anyway, I've been waiting for a Ninja Gaiden movie since the 80s.

If Hollywood still had any talent left, the Metal Gear series would make some great movies.

tenor.gif

I even thought of the teaser trailer. It would just be a black screen, with Snake's codec beeping, and then suddenly the iconic "Snake! Snake! Snaaaaaake!" shout coming after it, followed by the words "Metal Gear" in classic font in green across the black screen.

There are already metal gear movies.

Escape from New York and escape from la

Snake plisken

Is the rock about to set a record for the most messed up video game movies?

Doom and now rampage?

Has any other actor done two before?

I used to have a game on the ZX Spectrum called ‘How to be a Complete Bastard’

Could be good

Is the rock about to set a record for the most messed up video game movies?

Doom and now rampage?

Has any other actor done two before?

Rampage as in the game where you wreck buildings as a giant monkey, lizard or what ever the 3rd one that i can't remember is?

Dragon Age Origins

The Witcher series, especially the second one(they're based on books so not really sure if this one counts)

And the number one spot goes to:

KOTOR
latest

Rampage as in the game where you wreck buildings as a giant monkey, lizard or what ever the 3rd one that i can't remember is?

Yes that one. Large Wolf was the other character.

Leisure suit Larry would be a hilarious comedy if done right.

Back