VIDEO: Dominick Cruz vs. TJ Dillashaw (FULL FIGHT)

1,2,3-Cruz
4,5-Dillashaw

Cruz by decision(48-47)

Masterpiece of a fight.
Yup I scored it exactly the same. Cruz won rounds 1, 2 and 3. Dillashaw won rounds 4 and 5. 48-47 for Cruz is fair. the striking was very similar, but Cruz got the takedowns.

They should release versions of this fight w/ the corner audio instead of the color commentary.

Nice try TJ.

Dom easily won the first three and would've swept if he hadn't injured his foot late in the fight.

Just finished watching round 1 again. That was a TJ round. Octagon aggression, control and more shots landed. No BS takedown wins the entire night award, he was up as fast as he went down.

So without watching anymore, we agree 48-47 TJ.

CfjcVUZUUAACebt.jpg:large
This is outstanding, AV worthy.

I'm one of the few that scored it for Dillashaw when I watched it live. I haven't watched it since so I'm not sure if my opinion would change with a 2nd watch but I might just have to run it back and see.
well I just watched it for the first time and I think TJ won it. Joe Rogan's commentary was super biased for Cruz imo.

Just finished watching round 1 again. That was a TJ round. Octagon aggression, control and more shots landed. No BS takedown wins the entire night award, he was up as fast as he went down.

So without watching anymore, we agree 48-47 TJ.

You cray cray bruh... TJ ran around the cage hitting nothing but air, El Domin8or made him look silly.

Effectiveness striking and grappling easily went to Dom.

Regardless of who you thought won no one can deny how good Dom is.

70 seconds worth of fighting in four years and he has an extremely close fight with the best dude in the weight class, who else could come back from that kind of time off and do that?

Sweet. Cruz 1,2,3,5 easily. Whoever scored it 49-46 had the right idea.

Kudos to the Dominator for performing so well coming off an injury. Hope he can pull it together and make a good title defence run. War Cruz

Regardless of who you thought won no one can deny how good Dom is.

70 seconds worth of fighting in four years and he has an extremely close fight with the best dude in the weight class, who else could come back from that kind of time off and do that?
they both fought really well

Close fight but Dom won IMO. Can't belive he performed so well after all those injuries wow

I'm one of the few that scored it for Dillashaw when I watched it live. I haven't watched it since so I'm not sure if my opinion would change with a 2nd watch but I might just have to run it back and see.

I did the same thing, but upon rewatch I thought Cruz won... imo

R1 was the defining round, when I first watched it I gifted it to Dillashaw, but Cruz barely edged him out
R2 Cruz but close
R3 Cruz still close
R4 Pretty Clearly Dillashaw, only round easy to score
R5 Dillashaw, but mainly because Dom's footwork started lagging

Dillashaw was whiffing at air most of the fight. Dom won that 48-47 going into it with 1 minute of octagon time in the last 4 years. He deserved that.

Sweet. Cruz 1,2,3,5 easily. Whoever scored it 49-46 had the right idea.

I have to disagree with that, fight was not 4 rounds for either guy, R5 was Dillashaw, not that it was that decisive, but that wasn't Dom's round, his footwork was noticeably lagging, and TJ controlled the octagon and was much more aggressive, also i'm pretty sure Tj won the strike count in R5, but its been a couple months since I've seen it.

Does Dillashaw have a fight in the works? Haven't heard much about his immediate future.

You cray cray bruh... TJ ran around the cage hitting nothing but air, El Domin8or made him look silly.

Effectiveness striking and grappling easily went to Dom.
You do have to run to catch someone who wants nothing to do with engaging. He hit a lot of air, but more landed shots than Cruz Control.

And yes, cray cray indeed. No offense taken.

People on Sherdog say "awesome fight" "such amazing technique" like they actually understood it, meanwhile professional analysts out there admit that only a handful of people could really appreciate what they're doing in this fight.

I for one don't pretend I understand what they're doing. All I see is 2 dudes spazzing out in the octagon like they're game characters being controlled by drunks using turbo controllers.

Back