Video: Chael "Kevin Lee training for UFC 229 without an opponent is a smart move"

The UFC should stop being cheapskates.....Just pay Kevin Lee to be ready to be a replacement...Pay him $50k-$100k....It's insurance and cheap as fuck to save a 2 million buys PPV card.

This should be standard practice for the UFC when they have huge fucking cards like these.....Idiots still don't learn after all the injury pullouts we seen.

Sad that Lee is doing this by himself without any UFC compensation.
First time I see a comment that actually makes sense coming from you.

100% agree.

They would be broke to pay Kevin Lee 100k to potentially save a 2 million buy PPV card.....................

giphy.gif
You really think Kevin Lee would be a big enough star at the moment to help bring in PPV.

They would be broke to pay Kevin Lee 100k to potentially save a 2 million buy PPV card.....................

giphy.gif
100k for training camp might be a bit much.

But 50k makes sense. If he doesn't fight he gets 50k for training and if he does fight he gets that plus his fight pay.

The UFC should stop being cheapskates.....Just pay Kevin Lee to be ready to be a replacement...Pay him $50k-$100k....It's insurance and cheap as fuck to save a 2 million buys PPV card.

This should be standard practice for the UFC when they have huge fucking cards like these.....Idiots still don't learn after all the injury pullouts we seen.

He lives in vegas, probably using the PI, shit foos is free there if I were a fighter in vegas I wouldn't waste money on groceries. <DCWhoa>

You really think Kevin Lee would be a big enough star at the moment to help bring in PPV.
It depends on who he's replacing. If he's replacing Khabib then it doesn't really matter.

If he's replacing Conor, then yes, paying him too much to be on standby can be a problem.

I really do agree with you on this. Pay at least one appropriate and unbooked contender for the big fights to be ready. It doesn't have to be big money but if the UFC is being proactive then they should absolutely give him something for his trouble with the promise that he will be ready to show up on weight and in the cage for an big opportunity. I think it's good business and a win/win, and a drop in the bucket especialliy when you consider the numbers of a Mac/Khabib scale fight.

Yes.

nate-diaz-conor-mcgregor-trilogy-645822.jpg

If this guy headlined a PPV by himself before Conor...He wouldn't sell shit...but you match him up with conor and you get interesting shit talk and people are interested in seeing the fight.

420_Kevin_Lee.0.0.jpg

Kevin Lee is a shit talker.....He knows how to hype and sell.

Perhaps he won't sell 2 million PPVs like Conor vs Khabib......but it will still be a great number....better than some crap fight nobody wants to see like Al-Quinta or something.

replace khabob, who can't make weight
with kevin lee, another guy who can't make weight

didn't we learn from the last botched LW title fight??

ufc should sign michael chandler as a replacement instead

Lol Lee could totally finish Conor. Everyone talkin shit until Khabib pulls out and Lee steps into the breach. War MTP.
lee would fall under the pressure likely.he hasnt fought the fights conor has on the biggest stage.well he has but lost to tony.

Yes.

nate-diaz-conor-mcgregor-trilogy-645822.jpg

If this guy headlined a PPV by himself before Conor...He wouldn't sell shit...but you match him up with conor and you get interesting shit talk and people are interested in seeing the fight.

420_Kevin_Lee.0.0.jpg

Kevin Lee is a shit talker.....He knows how to hype and sell.

Perhaps he won't sell 2 million PPVs like Conor vs Khabib......but it will still be a great number....better than some crap fight nobody wants to see like Al-Quinta or something.
Nate already set up the fight with Conor months before.

Look I agree they need to do something about fighters pulling out, but I doubt the UFC would pay someone 100k to just "be ready" when fighters should always be ready in general.

Nate already set up the fight with Conor months before.

Look I agree they need to do something about fighters pulling out, but I doubt the UFC would pay someone 100k to just "be ready" when fighters should always be ready in general.
With his post fight speech which 99% of fans didn't see?

Kevin lee has talked shit about Conor before...It's not hard for them to find sound bites of that...Also I guarantee you the press confrance would be pure shit talking between Kevin Lee and Conor and that alone will sell, just like Nate sold UFC 196 with his shit talk.

With his post fight speech which 99% of fans didn't see?

Kevin lee has talked shit about Conor before...It's not hard for them to find sound bites of that...Also I guarantee you the press confrance would be pure shit talking between Kevin Lee and Conor and that alone will sell, just like Nate sold UFC 196 with his shit talk.
More fans saw Nate's rant than Kevin Lees...

Back