[VID] Dana White: UFC 208 Was THE WORST PPV Show They Put On, Grills Mainevent Ref & Talks Cyborg

To be fair, I think had their been the exact same card with just one actually big fight, it'd have been fine. The UFC clearly planned to have Cyborg and Halloway vs Aldo. Sometimes shit just happens and the show must go on

"Where you at Waldo? Where you at?" ~ Max HidingAway

Well how about you stack them cards.. you built the damn thing you knew what to expect.

I do agree some what.. but there have been tons of cards that seem underwhelming on paper and turn out to be barn burners, while cards stacked with name power have been stuck in the mud.

This one was bad on paper and it showed.

That main was fabulously shit-tastic

Literally had to peel my eyelids open to stay awake

deannoddingoff.gif

Pea-Head Dustin Porier vs Jim Miller getting the fight of the night bonus is saying a lot about this card lol

I do agree some what.. but there have been tons of cards that seem underwhelming on paper and turn out to be barn burners, while cards stacked with name power have been stuck in the mud.

I think bad refs and judges is what made this card worse than it should have been

"...the best thing about UFC 208 was the plane ride home." ~ Dana White.

Interestingly also says Ronda Rousey NOT retiring and might fight again.

can you time stamp where he says "UFC 208 was the worst ppv show they put on"

Well there ya go. If Dana is saying this was the worst, then I'm not just some reactionary loon for saying it before he did.

I have a sick, sad feeling a lot of near future cards will be on this level and 2017 will be the worst year in UFC history :(

Then again, I get the perception that all of sports is going down the shitter.

Well there ya go. If Dana is saying this was the worst, then I'm not just some reactionary loon for saying it before he did.

I have a sick, sad feeling a lot of near future cards will be on this level and 2017 will be the worst year in UFC history :(

Then again, I get the perception that all of sports is going down the shitter.

Come on dude UFC 209 is around the corner and that's gonna be a stellar card

Well yea it was horrible. Nobody interesting fought. Holly has a bit of name but she's notoriously boring. There was no reason to really even watch the event, even if it was free. Anderson is on the down slide. I'd rather see him in big name fights that fight actual contenders.

We all agreed it's one weak ass card that ain't PPV worthy for 2017 standards.

That's why my expectations were in check big time I didn't get 'hit' so hard like other posters scoring in a 1 out 10. xD

I just saw that this was the first card in UFC history with just one stoppage result. Make of that what you will.

It was pretty awful.

And we don't even have Goldy these days to liven proceedings by saying some insane shit.

I just saw that this was the first card in UFC history with just one stoppage result. Make of that what you will.

Dana said he wished mainevent would rise to the occasion and erase any memory of this card but it didn't happen lol

Well yea it was horrible. Nobody interesting fought. Holly has a bit of name but she's notoriously boring. There was no reason to really even watch the event, even if it was free. Anderson is on the down slide. I'd rather see him in big name fights that fight actual contenders.

Anderson should just retire in my opinion

Busy right now but it's early on in the interview where they beep him saying "shit show"
Funny, I listened to the start of the interview but didn't catch that.

If you're not too busy to make a thread and claim Dana said something this drastic about his show, then I'm sure you'll be able to find time to timestamp or at least tell us which minute it is that he said it, since you just shared this less than an hour ago and chose it as your title...

Unless of course you're just promoting your own channel... I noticed a lot of click-bait shit in there, with videos no more than 1 week old with just a couple hundred views each.

Funny, I listened to the start of the interview but didn't catch that.

If you're not too busy to make a thread and claim Dana said something this drastic about his show, then I'm sure you'll be able to find time to timestamp or at least tell us which minute it is that he said it, since you just shared this less than an hour ago and chose it as your title...

Unless of course you're just promoting your own channel... I noticed a lot of click-bait shit in there, with videos no more than 1 week old with just a couple hundred views each.
107gi3.jpg

He's right.
That's one thing that I don't like about sherdog's articles. They don't mention the controversies or what have you on any given card.
This was a historically terrible night of fights with historically bad reffing and judging, but not one mention of it on the front page outside of interviews.
just stick here in the heavies - we got you covered

Back