[VID] Dana White: UFC 208 Was THE WORST PPV Show They Put On, Grills Mainevent Ref & Talks Cyborg

sherdoug420

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

"...the best thing about UFC 208 was the plane ride home." ~ Dana White.

Interestingly also says Ronda Rousey NOT retiring and might fight again.

Last edited:
He's right.
That's one thing that I don't like about sherdog's articles. They don't mention the controversies or what have you on any given card.
This was a historically terrible night of fights with historically bad reffing and judging, but not one mention of it on the front page outside of interviews.

He's right.
That's one thing that I don't like about sherdog's articles. They don't mention the controversies or what have you on any given card.
This was a historically terrible night of fights with historically bad reffing and judging, but not one mention of it on the front page outside of interviews.

Absolutely which is even more hilarious that the card was so bad that even the promoter who put it together is taking shots at it lmao

Well how about you stack them cards.. you built the damn thing you knew what to expect.

He's right.
I've been saying it for a while. Mma has a media that is in compliance with the promoters goals of building up the sport rather than covering it honestly. They downplay or ignore the bad rather than be honest about the issues in the sport in order to stay on the ufcs good side.

The ladies always bring it you goof.

To be fair, I think had their been the exact same card with just one actually big fight, it'd have been fine. The UFC clearly planned to have Cyborg and Halloway vs Aldo. Sometimes shit just happens and the show must go on

Dana White running from this event like the plague VJnQGkF.png

Last edited:
I could have told him a month ago this was gonna be terrible, then they pulled Browne vs Lewis off it like that card could afford to lose a decent fight

When you don't re-sign top up-and-coming talent because you're too fucking cheap (e.g. Misha Cirkunov), and when you let top fighters get away because you're too fucking cheap (e.g. Rory MacDonald), your stash gradually becomes depleted, and then uh oh, where's that talent when you need it sometimes?

When you rehash over-the-hill fighters and hype them as if they were still vital (e.g. Anderson Silva), when you create bogus titles and pit 2 OK-but-not-great MMA fighters to fight for a laughable belt, when you pit a guy who should be fighting for a title not against a fellow contender, not even against an elite-level fighter, but against someone who does not belong in the Octagon with him because he's such a lesser talent...

...GEEZ, Dana, WTH do you expect? Expect there to be more and more dud events, and spare us the pseudo-indignation.

Last edited:
Well how about you stack them cards.. you built the damn thing you knew what to expect.

Lol if the card is a success Dana takes all the credit as booking genius but if it fails "I got nothin to do with it"

58097863.jpg

When you don't re-sign top up-and-coming talent because you're too fucking cheap (e.g. Misha Cirkunov), when you let top fighters get away because you're too fucking cheap (e.g. Rory MacDonald), your stash gradually becomes depleted, and then uh oh, where's that talent when you need it sometimes?

When you rehash over-the-hill fighters and hype them as if they were still contenders (e.g. Anderson Silva), when you create bogus titles and pit 2 OK-but-not-great MMA fighters to fight for a laughable belt, and when you pit a guy who should be fighting for a title NOT against a fellow contender but against someone who does not belong in the Octagon with him because he's such a lesser talent...geez Dana, WTH did you expect??

Looks like somebody about to cancel their fight pass subscription lol

That main was fabulously shit-tastic

Literally had to peel my eyelids open to stay awake

deannoddingoff.gif

Dana is the new management. The actual owners don't have time for the UFC so they put Dana in charge.

Aren't the new owners nothing more than a bunch of rich ass investors and celebrities who own shares in the company hoping to sell their stake for profit in a few years and have no actual love for or knowledge of MMA??

Back