[VID] Chael Sonnen WARNS Conor McGregor:"If U Go Against UFC To Fight Floyd,Your MMA Career Is Over"

His mma career depends on defending his belt against Khabib/Tony and not going on a losing streak
Remains to be seen

People thought he would be done after his first loss

Less than a year after a loss and he's bigger than he's ever been.

dnB4qqk.jpg

Gets caught in a lie and calls someone else a liar

<36><36><36><36><36><36>

0uQPYWa.jpg

Lol..if Conor is under contract..this fight ain't gonna happen..this ain't the SEG days of the early zuffa days..I mean shit if you wanna cite a major fighter that tried the to buck the system just look at when Randy tried to fight fedor

Remains to be seen

People thought he would be done after his first loss

Less than a year after a loss and he's bigger than he's ever been.

Gets caught in a lie and calls someone else a liar

<36><36><36><36><36><36>

0uQPYWa.jpg

Lmao for real where you get that effect done? It's cool as fuck!

Conor could make 100 million fighting Floyd who gives a shit if his MMA career is over. In fact Conor makes more money now in 1 MMA fight than Sonnen has in his entire career so Sonnen should STFU and bow down to the GOAT.

Goats defend belts

You really think if Conor fights Floyd he ever wants/needs to fight again?

And, in the absolute slimmest chance Conor catches Floyd and KOs him you think the UFC really won't have him back?

Money is money my dudes :)

I just crapped on Chael in another thread. Normally everything I hear from him annoys me. For that reason I dont listen to his podcast; however, I listened to this video and WOW. He drops science about the promotion and gives up some dirt here. Im impressed. Thanks for sharing TS.

Last edited:
Yeah. I don't buy it.

The most we've seen them do is tie them up contractually, like with Couture. But I doubt Conor would try to fight anywhere else.

Funny how the UFC is supposedly so influential and powerful, yet mma's top draw, at the absolute peak of his marketability, has to go outside the UFC to get the first real payday in the history of an mma fighter.

not true. Conor fights Floyd, he does whatever he wants after that and nobody will try to stop him. Chael just embarrassed himself

Goats defend belts

GOATs seek out the biggest challenges for the biggest fight purse. That's what prize fighting is all about. Floyd Mayweather in boxing is by far a bigger challenge than anyone Conor can face at LW or WW in MMA. Belt defenses are for bums. Every champ and their mom defends their belt in the UFC, but how many can hold 2 belts at the same time, or challenge the biggest name in boxing for the biggest payday ever in MMA by a long shot? #JustGOATTings

{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

Chael Sonnen says if Conor McGregor goes against UFC to box Floyd, UFC will DESTROY his MMA career like Tito Ortiz and explains how powerful UFC is at manipulating the media citing Andre Arlovski as an example of a superstar created by UFC overnight. Interesting stuff...

OK....lololol...
Conor McGregor drew twice as many buys in 1 year than the entire UFC in 2014
-Bloody Elbow

GOATs seek out the biggest challenges for the biggest fight purse. That's what prize fighting is all about. Floyd Mayweather in boxing is by far a bigger challenge than anyone Conor can face at LW or WW in MMA. Belt defenses are for bums. Every champ and their mom defends their belt in the UFC, but how many can hold 2 belts at the same time, or challenge the biggest name in boxing for the biggest payday ever in MMA by a long shot? #JustGOATTings

{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}{<Mcgoat}

No

that was really interesting. Cool to hear them talking about the good old days around 2004. I remember AA's star rising and all the hype around him. How he was the guy that could beat the PRIDE heavyweights like Fedor and Cro Cop. I wanted to see him fight Mir but Mir had that motorcycle accident.

I disagree though about Chael claiming AA wasn't really that good. I think he WAS that good. He was a hard hitting HW with fluid striking that could move like a MW. He was scary for anybody. The 2nd tim sylvia fight where he lost, that was kind of a fluke. Tim was rocked and AA came in and Tim landed a perfectly timed counterpunch that AA never saw coming. And the 3rd Sylvia fight, AA was actually hurt going into that. But he was a proud guy and never made excuses, but I remember his trainer or somebody came out and said AA had a fucked up leg going into that fight, and that's why he barely did anything and the fight was boring.

AA was great but had that fatal flaw of a weak chin.

Lol at Conor fans getting butthurt, it's really the truth, the longer Conor goes without fighting the less value his name has.

The mayweather fight will be blocked and a lengthy court case. 2 years later when the LW division has moved on and Conor hasn't fought people won't care.

Conor will come back because he's broke and the UFC showed the power they have.

Conor is fighting a losing battle here, he needs to hope it doesn't cost him everything. The floyd fights not happening, I guess he can try hold out for more money but the UFC do t care if he stays in the sidelines.

I'd say that too if I was a UFC company-man who's likely paid to say it.

The day I take anything Chael says as anything other than humorous ...

If he manages to keep the money from the fight there is no need to worry about fighting again in MMA, in the end this publicity stunt keeps the people talking about them, Latin ESPN is talking about it FFS.

Lol OK? I'm sure he would gladly take a 50-100 million dollar fight with Floyd.
And who's promoting this fight? Because if it's Floyd he's already on record that he won't give Conor anywhere close to 50 mil.

UFC should lay down the law if they have the balls to do it. If they are principled. Conor is an EMPLOYEE. He can act like a boss all he wants but we're talking about a fucking boxing match with this era's GOAT. Way outside the confines of the cage.

Let's see how WME and Dana handle this mess.

Back