Locked VENOM Movie (First Critics Reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: March 27, 2017

Sony Reportedly Developing VENOM as R-Rated Start to Their Own Marvel Universe

Venom-Marvel-032717-Dragonlord.jpeg

Earlier in March, Sony Pictures gave Venom a release date, and now rumors suggest that the film will be the start of something potentially much bigger.

According to a new rumor coming out from Collider, Venom is being developed with the intent of the film earning an R-rating and for the film to launch a new shared Marvel Universe separate from the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Sony’s Marvel Universe will not be connected to the MCU in any way and the planned Venom and Black Cat and Silver Sable films are all part of Sony’s own shared universe, not spin-offs of any existing films. Marvel’s Kevin Feige has nothing to do with these films; it’s Tom Rothman, chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment’s Motion Picture Group, who’s calling the shots.

Collider's report makes it clear that the announcement of Venom‘s release date indicates that the execs are happy with the script and the new direction they’re embarking on, but with no director set for either film, obviously things can still change since all of the announced films are still in development.

According to industry casting website MyEntertainmentWorld, Venom will enter production in the fall of 2017, about one year before its release.

Another interesting tidbit from the listing is that the Venom movie is listed as an "Action/Horror/Sci-Fi" movie, an interesting mix for a superhero movie.

Sony Developing ‘Venom’ as R-Rated Start to Their Own Marvel Universe; Production Start Date Revealed

ahahahah nopppppeeeee

So a classic Spiderman villian without Spiderman from the new Spiderman movies is confirmed.
<6>

Sooooo is Spider-Man remaining in the MCU?

Will Sony have their own Spider-Man for their SMU? Or will the upcoming Spider-Man be pulled into their MU? Or will Venom exist without a Spider-Man? What?

They already announced an MCU sequel, so yes. I'm guessing we get a new Spider-Man here so we have more characters for the MCU Spiderverse movie they eventually do.

How do people get put into positions like Tim Rothman and then go on to make idiotic decisions like this TIME AND TIME AGAIN?

sooooo, basically they are using marvel to catapult and resurrect their Spider Man line of films and saying "f you Marvel Studios, we got this now!"??

Wow, so what's the R-rated part?... excessive violence would be a waste of a good R-Rating. Stronger Language & some tastefull nudity would be a refreshing twist to the super hero flix.

That whole separation thing seemz silly... (especially since Venom is Spiderman'z nemesis... lol) but there'z probably some politics behind it in order to let them go rated R. Marvel probably wants to distance themselves until they get some feedback... & if it's positive then I'm sure there will be some crossover stuff going one.

Last edited:
Wow, so what's the R-rated part?... excessive violence would be a waste of a good R-Rating. Stronger Language & some tastefull nudity would be a refreshing twist to the super hero flix.
last known superhero movie with nudity?
2577918-barb+wire+flyer+front.jpg

(oh forgot about watchmen)

Makes zero sense unless they maintain a working relationship with Marvel. That's definitely not gonna happen if they're going for an R rating while we have a light-hearted, teenage, purposefully kid-friendly Spider-Man.

Dumb dumb dumb.

Well...cool if true, but I'm skeptical. It would just make a mess and they would eventually have to recast Spidey and I doubt Sony would be stupid enough to confuse the viewer with two separate Spiderman in two separate franchises running around at the same time.

Separating Venom and Spiderman is actually a good thing and here is why

Spiderman is about as stale as a dog turd that has been sitting in the sun for 2 months.

Venom can be his own character without being dragged into the typical spiderman story

They're making a Spidey Universe without Spidey?

....i just can't wrap my head around a potential Venom/Spidey villains universe outside the Marvel universe movies. It's just a logistic mess. I remember reading that MoS would not be part of a JL movie and that it would be it's own thing. That got trashed pretty quickly. Realistically, I don't see how they can make a Spidey related movie without it connecting with the Marvel universe. What if Marvel decides they want to use Venom on their own? What then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back