Locked VENOM Movie (First Critics Reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I'll believe it won't fall through when ....

You know, it just struck me how much I would have liked Jake Gyllenhaal for this, especially since he was courted as Tobey's possible replacement by the studio when it looked like Maguire wasn't at fighting weight. I would play up a parallel universe vibe I quite enjoy.

Damn they got Tom Hardy. Just made me way more excited for this.

105044-bad-boys-shit-just-got-real-gi-nMpT.gif

Venom is one of my favorite anti-heroes. Hated how they fucked him up so bad with that dude from that 70s' show. Def look forward this this, esp being rated R now....

Venom is one of my favorite anti-heroes. Hated how they fucked him up so bad with that dude from that 70s' show. Def look forward this this, esp being rated R now....
HOW THE HELL COULD THEY LET THIS CAN PLAY A BADA** LIKE VENON?! Tom Hardy playing it gives me so much hope. Him and Michael Fassbender are 10/10 awesome
that-70s-show_4012_1.jpg

HOW THE HELL COULD THEY LET THIS CAN PLAY A BADA** LIKE VENON?! Tom Hardy playing it gives me so much hope. Him and Michael Fassbender are 10/10 awesome
that-70s-show_4012_1.jpg
I still can't believe that. They cast fucking Eric Foreskin as Venom. Unreal.

Tom Hardy as Venom, that's very interesting. I saw from another article that he's going to be Eddie Brock, I'm in.

kinda shocked they went with hardy, not bad at all

but still think he would've made a much better replacement for hugh jackman as wolverine

Definitely good news, I am now intrigued.

Tom Hardy as Venom, that's very interesting. I saw from another article that he's going to be Eddie Brock, I'm in.
It made me way more hopeful for this. The R rating, Hardy and the directing team. Fuck it, I'm in. Don't disappoint me Sony.

kinda shocked they went with hardy, not bad at all

but still think he would've made a much better replacement for hugh jackman as wolverine

I always thought Hardy would make a perfect replacement for Wolverine as well. I've never been a fan of the same actor playing multiple super hero roles but for this one I kind of feel like, fuck it. Why not.

Update: May 19, 2017

Tom Hardy to Star as Eddie Brock in Sony's VENOM with Ruben Fleischer to Direct

Tom-Hardy-Venom-051917-Dragonlord.jpg

Sony has ensnared a star and director for its Spider-Man offshoot, Venom.

Tom Hardy, who was nominated for an Oscar for his work in The Revenant, is in final negotiations to star in Venom, while Ruben Fleischer, best known for directing Zombieland, is final negotiations to helm the movie project centering on one of Spider-Man’s signature villains.

The project is one of Sony’s top priorities and the studio is not wasting time as the movie is set to open Oct. 5, 2018.

Venom is to usher in a host of movies from Sony's Marvel and Spider-Man-based universe of characters. Sony is rebooting its Marvel-based slate with this summer’s Spider-Man: Homecoming and Venom is a key title in its slate. The studio is also developing a Silver Sable/Black Cat project among other characters from the Spider-Man stable.

Venom has been one of Marvel’s top villains and a Spider-Man fixture since he was introduced in 1988, created by writer David Michelinie and artists Todd McFarlane and Mike Zeck. The character is an alien symbiote that needs a human host to survive. In return, the alien vests its victim with incredible powers. He made his first big-screen appearance in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3 and was portrayed by Topher Grace.

Scott Rosenberg and Jeff Pinkner, the latter of whom worked on 2014’s The Amazing Spider-Man 2, wrote the script for Venom. Plot details are being kept in the black but Hardy, who is said to be a Venom fan, will play Eddie Brock, the character who first became Venom.

Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are producing, along with Amy Pascal.

After the news broke, Sony shared a photo of Hardy getting in the Venom spirit:

Tom Hardy to Star in 'Venom,' Ruben Fleischer to Direct

He would have, but he's already almost 40. Jackman is only 8 years his elder, and if they had replaced him it wouldn't have been for at least two more years till they made one with Hardy. His window as Wolvie would way too short. Kind of like how Idris Elba wouldn't be a good choice for Bond, having nothing to do with the color of his skin but that he's already 44.

I hope they make it good. Some of these movies seem to expect the characters themselves to be the marketing, AND the quality of the movie. With GOTG they knew most people had no fkn clue who those assholes were, so they went ahead and made a good movie. They could make it a good movie.. Never know.

Tom Hardy was a strong contender for the next Logan if/when they reboot the X-Men franchise. He would've been a closer Wolverine to the comics especially since everything is turning R-rated nowadays.

Update: May 19, 2017

Tom Hardy to Star as Eddie Brock in Sony's VENOM with Ruben Fleischer to Direct

Sony has ensnared a star and director for its Spider-Man offshoot, Venom.

Tom Hardy, who was nominated for an Oscar for his work in The Revenant, is in final negotiations to star in Venom, while Ruben Fleischer, best known for directing Zombieland, is final negotiations to helm the movie project centering on one of Spider-Man’s signature villains.

The project is one of Sony’s top priorities and the studio is not wasting time as the movie is set to open Oct. 5, 2018.

Venom is to usher in a host of movies from Sony's Marvel and Spider-Man-based universe of characters. Sony is rebooting its Marvel-based slate with this summer’s Spider-Man: Homecoming and Venom is a key title in its slate. The studio is also developing a Silver Sable/Black Cat project among other characters from the Spider-Man stable.

Venom has been one of Marvel’s top villains and a Spider-Man fixture since he was introduced in 1988, created by writer David Michelinie and artists Todd McFarlane and Mike Zeck. The character is an alien symbiote that needs a human host to survive. In return, the alien vests its victim with incredible powers. He made his first big-screen appearance in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 3 and was portrayed by Topher Grace.

Scott Rosenberg and Jeff Pinkner, the latter of whom worked on 2014’s The Amazing Spider-Man 2, wrote the script for Venom. Plot details are being kept in the black but Hardy, who is said to be a Venom fan, will play Eddie Brock, the character who first became Venom.

Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach are producing, along with Amy Pascal.

After the news broke, Sony shared a photo of Hardy getting in the Venom spirit:

Tom Hardy to Star in 'Venom,' Ruben Fleischer to Direct

This is actually happening huh? Any word on if it's still gonna be a different universe or is it gonna be set in the Tom Holland MCUverse?

He would have, but he's already almost 40. Jackman is only 8 years his elder, and if they had replaced him it wouldn't have been for at least two more years till they made one with Hardy. His window as Wolvie would way too short. Kind of like how Idris Elba wouldn't be a good choice for Bond, having nothing to do with the color of his skin but that he's already 44.

good point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back