Locked VENOM Movie (First Critics Reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elizabeth-Banks-in-Wet-Hot-American-Summer-First-Day-of-Camp.jpg

Spider-Man trilogy veteran Elizabeth Banks went on Twitter and threw shade:

I don't get what people expect out of the look of the suit - what are you guys expecting? Looks like he's eating a dick? WTF is she talking about?

Looks pretty darn good to me.

I don't get what people expect out of the look of the suit - what are you guys expecting? Looks like he's eating a dick? WTF is she talking about?

For me something is off I think the eyes is the problem they look fake and plastic makes it all look like a good Halloween mask.

i mean it looks ok I guess, just figured the CGI would look different

cant quite put my finger on it

Yeah I thought it looked cool. I think Marvel hipsters are hating on it cause its a Sony movie. People always gotta bitch bout something.

The fuck guys. Looks like a trailer to me.

What were the disappointed fans expecting??

I know this is Tom Hardy, who I normally love as an actor, but doesn't anyone else feel apprehensive about his acting in this?

His accent is horrible, he's delivering lines with the emotion of a man who either is phoning it in or didn't have his morning cup of coffee, and I buy him as an investigative reporter like I buy Mark Wahlberg as a fucking genius robotics engineer.

"We are Venom." was the best part of that trailer.

I dont know if its the way its shot or the life foundation but it feels so much like this is part of the Amazing spiderman universe. Maybe/hopefully the CGI will be better in 6 months when this comes out.

The voice of Venom reminds me of Wishmaster or Candyman

Its a badass voice

Yeah I thought it looked cool. I think Marvel hipsters are hating on it cause its a Sony movie. People always gotta bitch bout something.
I just keep reminding myself of the people here who vehemently defended suicide squad saying it was going to be the shit...months before it even came out.

Not saying Venom is gonna be spectacular, but some people on the internet are all about jumping to conclusions way early.

Well fuck, this was MUCH better than that cringeworthy first trailer.

The suit looks fine, and the CGI may be better when it comes out as well. I hope he gets some webslinging in as well, and hopefully they explain that some of the things Venom can do are attributed to the symbiote bonding with Spiderman first.

i mean it looks ok I guess, just figured the CGI would look different

cant quite put my finger on it

It's too shiny imo. I'd prefer a more matte finish. A more darker, flat black to reflect the inner chaos of Venom and harken back to the days of the Klyntar civil war.

Though I suppose if I want to read too much into it and go to the nth level of nerd-dom, the shiny sheen might refer to the Klyntars' hatred of Galactus and Silver Surfer...

I did not really like the trailer. The CGI looked pretty cartooney, and with them going that long without showing the suit, they might as well have just gone all the way. The part with him shooting the black goo out of his arms looked a little cheese. They should have had this come straight off the movie "life," like I heard was the plan, and had a more serious tone. Idk. I'm sure it will do well.. But Spiderman should be making an appearance and.. Idk.

Everybody complaining about Tom Hardy's accent is just being a hater. Tom's "Venom" voice is literally total perfection. Brian Drummond must be proud.

btw I haven't seen it mentioned but I don't think many people realize that this Eddie Brock is very clearly a SJW. kind of like an updated, superpowered version of D.Fens in "Falling Down".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back