Locked VENOM Movie (First Critics Reactions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn’t digging the first teasertrailer. This one looks pretty good. Don’t understand all the negativity tbh.

Does anybody know who is doing the Symbiote’s voice?

Wow that was like a 180 from the previous trailer.

Now I'm kind of interested.

Looking decent. Got a little more hope now.

I think this trailer verifed alot of those rumours. Hes only going to be full suit venom for the last 20 minutes I bet. So stupid, he is one of the coolest looking characters and they dont have him suit up? WEAK. The venom voice is pretty cool though. Sounded like the 90's cartoon.I feel like this is in the Amazing spiderman universe, it definately had the same feel. It would have been cool to continue that story with this and have ASM universe seperate from marvel.

Also, I will be dissapointed if he doesnt web sling like spiderman.

This is hilarious. We already know that Tom Hardy and Logan Marshall-Green are lookalikes. But now they're sort of making the same movie. Check out the trailer for Logan's new movie, Upgrade. Some parts are eerily similar to Venom.

1000full.jpg

You took the words right out of my brain.

The more I see, the more I think is Tom Hardy the right man for the job on this one?

He does not pull off the investigative reporter at all and when he is doing the dinner scene where he dislikes the evil boss it just looked off seeing as he looks old enough to be said bosses dad.

He also has this weird as hell accent he likes doing and I don't know why he does it?

Venom looks amazing though, also this story reminds me of Prototype alot, make me think a movie of that could work.

1052015-prototype.jpg

Trailer looks good. I think the main issue is going to be the main issue a lot of origin stories have. To much time focused on building the character\origin and not enough Vemon kicking ass.

Ok second trailer is way better. Very happy they are having the symbiote talk to him. Such an integral part of the character.

I hope we get Woody as Carnage towards the end but with no showdown with Venom yet. Save that for part 2, have Carnage on a killing spree, pair up with Marvel and bring in Holland's Spidey.

Update: April 23, 2018

First Look at Venom in the New Official Trailer for Sony's VENOM [Updated]

A massive improvement on the first trailer. I might pay to see this in the cinema, whereas before it wasn't even on my radar.

Ahahaha this can't be real. Looks absolutely silly. Is it 2000-2003 again? Sony hitting up that time machine and trying to create a comic book movie from the era of the first X-Men movie?

Tom Hardy, what are you doing, dude?

giphy.gif

Also, is Venom going to have the spider symbol on his chest? Because unless Spider-Man is somehow referenced it'll make zero sense whatsoever. No amount of shoehorning will cover up that Venom adopts it after it's time with Spider-Man.

Last edited:
the symbiote appendages that shoot out of Brock looks stupid/bad. I think the Venom suit looks solid though.

Riz Ahmed is a great actor, so I’m not as down on the villain as others seem to be. will depend on how well he is written.

overall, this movie probably isn’t going to be very good. oh well. Venom might be doomed forever in regards to his onscreen representations.

Elizabeth-Banks-in-Wet-Hot-American-Summer-First-Day-of-Camp.jpg

Spider-Man trilogy veteran Elizabeth Banks went on Twitter and threw shade:

Elizabeth-Banks-in-Wet-Hot-American-Summer-First-Day-of-Camp.jpg

Spider-Man trilogy veteran Elizabeth Banks went on Twitter and threw shade:

And somehow I became even a bigger fan of Banks.

2sRUV3K.gif

Despite the original trilogy being so-so, with the third movie being shit.

To end on a positive note, despite the third movie being a dross, Thomas Haden Church was great as Sandman.

And somehow I became even a bigger fan of Banks.

2sRUV3K.gif

Despite the original trilogy being so-so, with the third movie being shit.

To end on a positive note, despite the third movie being a dross, Thomas Haden Church was great as Sandman.

<Kpop775>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back