Vargas vs Berchelt HBO 1/28 No showtime spoilers please.

This is a scary fight to watch, someone could get brain damage.

Miaura got rd 9 though.

5-4 Miaura

Fucking Miura finally got the KD in the 10th from a nasty Body Shot and Roman got up to be saved by the bell.

Roma's corner= Get your hands up bitch!

Roman down again and looking ready to go

Miuara came back to wear down Roman with his body shots but Roman still here going into the 12th

Miura dug deep to get the KO in the 12th. Roman didn't want it bad enough. Miuara was ready to die tonight for the win. his own corner keep asking him if wanted to go on rd after rd.

GoodFight and congrats to Miura for the Micky Ward type win tonight

fight should be stopped for Vargas benefit...lose and fight another day.

Holy shit, Vargas' face

Just as expected, Vargas' life force was drawn out of him in the last two fights and now this one

Short career

Looks like Vargas got stopped

I think this is one of the very few (and not last at this rate) times that Showtime beats HBO in the ratings, and I dont feel bad about it. This was imo a pathetic attempt by HBO to counterprogram Showtime like they did with Crawford/Molina on Dec 10.

Top Combat Sport trends

#UFCDenver - 50k
#FramptonSantacruz2 - 20k
#VargasBelchelt - not trending

C3UECqeWYAAX-NR.jpg:large

Supposedly Miura vs Berchelt is next for the title

C3UJwK2VMAACPpF.jpg:large

None of that matters. The big 4 will destroy Miura OR Berchelt

Oscar Valdez
Abner Mares
Carl Frampton
Leo Santa

Oscar Valdez
Abner Mares
Carl Frampton
Leo Santa
Aren't these guys at 126?

Oscar Valdez
Abner Mares
Carl Frampton
Leo Santa

None of those "big 4" are even SFW/JLW's. They're all at 126. The "big 4" titlists at 130 are Lomachenko (consensus ranked #1 in the division), Corrales, Davis and now Berchelt after beating Vargas. Salido is also still in the picture but I'm sure he isn't liking the fact that Vargas (who he drew with previously) just lost. That's who he wanted to fight next for the WBC title after rejecting another offer from Lomachenko's team.

Gary Russell Jr., LSC, Selby & Valdez are the "big 4" at Featherweight. Frampton is still in the title picture because LSC just won their rematch and took the WBA "Super" title back.

Last edited:
Two good wars with Berchelt looking impressive. He should finish Miura too.

None of those "big 4" are even SFW/JLW's. They're all at 126. The "big 4" titlists at 130 are Lomachenko (consensus ranked #1 in the division), Corrales, Davis and now Berchelt after beating Vargas. Salido is also still in the picture but I'm sure he isn't liking the fact that Vargas (who he drew with previously) just lost. That's who he wanted to fight next for the WBC title after rejecting another offer from Lomachenko's team.

Gary Russell Jr., LSC, Selby & Valdez are the "big 4" at Featherweight. Frampton is still in the title picture because LSC just won their rematch and took the belt back.
I thought they were both Super Featherweights

I thought they were both Super Featherweights
Nevermind, its Super Featherweight because the WBA has bullshit Super and World championships

EIther, the big 4 would still mop the floor with Miura and Berchelt and Vargas

Nevermind, its Super Featherweight because the WBA has bullshit Super and World championships

Technically, so does the WBO. The difference is that the WBO's "Super" World title designation is an honorary one that's non-transferable, meaning, the "Super" version of the title is never on the line. It grants the titleholder preeminent status with the WBO. They've been around since the early 2000's.

14230474-standard.jpg

Here is Pac's custom blinged out honorary WBO "Super" World title that he was awarded after he beat Bradley in their second fight

pac.wbo_.sc_.belt_.500w.jpg

http://www.wboboxing.com/what-is-a-wbo-super-champion/

Last edited:
War war war war war war war war.

War. Both on the undercard & in the main event.

Loved both fights, glad Miura won & also that Berchelt won, happy days.

How the fuck Roman got up from this, I simply do not know:

Never seen berchelt fight before, is this supposed to be an upset or not?

Back