Vargas vs Berchelt HBO 1/28 No showtime spoilers please.

Never seen berchelt fight before, is this supposed to be an upset or not?

Berchelt was +115, Vargas was -135, so FV was the slight favourite (if I can read US odds right, they make my fuckin' head hurt just thinking about them).

Berchelt suffered an early KO coming up that led to questions about his chin.

I wasn't home to watch them live but just caught up. Wreckless fights but very entertaining.

Gonna have to watch Miura more.Guy is a savage throwing shots all the way from tokugawa shogunate era japan

Gonna have to watch Miura more.Guy is a savage throwing shots all the way from tokugawa shogunate era japan

Miura's first loss versus Uchiyama (shot now at like 37, recently lost his WBA strap he held for years, but was probably #1 in the division for ages by the time this happened):

In his opponent's hometown of Cancun, winning the vacant WBC belt vs Sergio Thompson (coming off a knockout win over Jorge Linares):

Dude's a motherfucking warmonger.

You saw the fight with Vargas, right?

Miura dug deep to get the KO in the 12th. Roman didn't want it bad enough. Miuara was ready to die tonight for the win. his own corner keep asking him if wanted to go on rd after rd.

GoodFight and congrats to Miura for the Micky Ward type win tonight

Just watched, this was a war in every sense of the word. These guys both gave a beating and took one. Roman wanted it awfully bad, man. That was something else. I hope the main can live up to that one! Back after Vargas/Berchelt...

Holy shit what a fight that was! Wow. Glad it got stopped, because Vargas was willing to die. Congrats to Berchelt, he never stopped coming.

So, both the Showtime and HBO cards last night were very good. VERY good.

Enjoyed this card more than the Showtime one.

I'd have to call it a push overall, but I hear you. Both HBO bouts were amazing fights with incredible heart shown, and the main had all that and top-shelf skill on display as well. Great night of boxing.

He'll have made the better choice, in retrospect. No spoilers. That could mean anything. Not like there was a fanman or anything ;-)
I think spoilers the day after are fine. I just hate when I'm watching one fight and someone pops into the thread about it and spoils a fight you're waiting to watch after.

I think spoilers the day after are fine. I just hate when I'm watching one fight and someone pops into the thread about it and spoils a fight you're waiting to watch after.

I agree. Sometimes I don't get around to it for a couple of days so I didn't want to drop anything by mistake so instead refernced fanman :)

Right. Coming from this thread to the Showtime thread or vise-versa and then mentioning a bout that is on the other network and the result or who looked bad or whatever. During? That's a spoiler. I mean really? I watch one at a time and usually catch the other on DVR. At this point today, I think it's fair to expect results to be all over---but not at 11 last night in the other network's boxing thread.

I agree. Sometimes I don't get around to it for a couple of days so I didn't want to drop anything by mistake so instead refernced fanman :)

I've done that. Where I needed a day or two. Avoid here and sports on the innerwebs completely. Hard to do. Couple guys at work I will let know that I haven't seen it yet, just give me a day or two.

Honestly both cards were amazing. HBO brought more violence and blood, Show brought more skill, same level of heart.

I've done that. Where I needed a day or two. Avoid here and sports on the innerwebs completely. Hard to do. Couple guys at work I will let know that I haven't seen it yet, just give me a day or two.

Yeah the internet is easily just as good as it is bad. It seems the world gets shoved in your face way easier now since smart phones and notifications...

Back