Valiant Entertainment (Paramount Picks Up HARBINGER from Sony)

Jared Leto aint tough enough to play bloodshot. I say DJ Cotrona for Bloodshot. He is italian. Has that mean mug, and the build.

I know we shouldn't judge an actor by his last portrayal of a character, and i appreciate that he was bold enough to give his take on the Joker, but... i just can't. It's too early.

xiJHsPjkr2hO1uqznDBIfE2z3J-XWbt1zLSxXzbefbk.jpg

Leto seems like too much of a twink to fit the bill. Also, I don't like guys being two different major comic characters with memory of each other.

Maybe he's assuming the DC gig is going to go bust?

Acting wise he can do this, but I don't know that he has the look. He's a smaller guy. Need someone with more muscle. Also agree with the whole 2 major comic character thing.

Update: August 1, 2017

Dave Bautista in Talks to Star in Valiant's ETERNAL WARRIOR

MaEFBPc.jpg

After two film installments of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, Dave Bautista looks like he might move into another comic book universe, with a tweet teasing a previously unknown project featuring a character from Valiant Entertainment.

Responding to a fan question, Bautista — who plays Drax in the Marvel Studios franchise, with his next appearance due in next year's Avengers: Infinity Warsaid that he was "really excited" about Valiant's Eternal Warrior, adding, "We are currently working to get the script fan-worthy, and then we'll be full on from there."

If that wasn't enough confirmation, Valiant's chief executive officer and chief creative officer Dinesh Shamdasani chimed in, offering a half-joking non-confirmation of what Bautista seemed to be hinting at.

"I can neither confirm nor deny that @DaveBautista just revealed a giant secret lol!"

Sources tell Heat Vision that any Eternal Warrior project would likely be related to the Archer & Armstrong movie currently being developed by Terry Rossio and director Ruben Fleischer. In Valiant's comic book mythology, the Eternal Warrior — aka Gilad Anni-Padda — is the brother of the "Armstrong" from the latter project; a third brother, Ivar Anni-Padda, features in the comic book series Timewalker.

The concept behind Eternal Warrior is a simple one: Resurrected using a mysterious artifact after a battlefield death millennia ago, Gilad has become functionally immortal with two unexpected side effects. Firstly, he can be killed — it's just that he will come back to life afterwards, no matter how painful a process that might be. Secondly, across the centuries, he falls into the service of the Earth itself, defending the Geomancer, a being chosen by the planet to act as its champion in times of need. Needless to say, neither being the Geomancer nor their defender is an entirely easy — or un-dangerous — proposition.

Dave Bautista Reveals He's Working on New Comic Book Movie 'Eternal Warrior'

Hmmm.... interesting. I like watching Bautista in the movies... so that's a big plus to keep it interesting. The story behind the character soundz pretty cool as well. I'm looking forward to it.

Sounds kind of like Highlander meets Conan (ok maybe not, but that's what I want it to be)

This would kind of be a weird left-field move considering a lot of people feel Drax is the best character of GotG and ripe for a spinoff movie.

If they want a fan worthy script, follow the comic, and dont make up your own story

Update: January 8, 2018

Vin Diesel in Talks to Star in Valiant's BLOODSHOT Movie from Sony

vbPThic.jpg

Vin Diesel is in talks to star in Sony’s “Bloodshot” movie based on the Valiant comic, TheWrap has learned.

Sony revealed it would be moving forward with its five-film shared universe plan for joint franchises based on the Valiant comic books “Harbinger” and “Bloodshot.”

“Bloodshot” is about a mortally wounded soldier resurrected with cutting-edge nanotechnology and tasked with rounding up superpowered outcasts known as “harbingers.” “Bloodshot” was created by Kevin Van Hook, Don Perlin and Bob Layton in 1992.

The film will also reunite Diesel with “Fast and the Furious” mega-producer Neal Moritz, who is producing alongside Valiant’s Dinesh Shamdasani.

Dave Wilson, who is “Deadpool” director Tim Miller’s partner at Blur Studios, is attached to direct. Oscar-nominated screenwriter Eric Heisserer (“Arrival”) is writing the screenplay.

According to insiders, Sony and Wilson plan to follow in the footsteps of the recent success of “Logan” and “Deadpool” with an R-rated take on the comic adaptation that will be tonally and aesthetically influenced by high-concept, sci-fi blockbusters of the late ’80s including “Robocop,” “Terminator,” and “Total Recall.”

Vin Diesel in Talks to Star in Valiant Entertainment’s ‘Bloodshot’ Movie from Sony Pictures (Exclusive)

Lookswise I don't think Vin when I think Bloodshot, but I suppose he has the personality down. Glad it's not Leto though

Dragon, did you do a dream cast for the main Valiant characters; Archer and Amstrong, Unity, Harbinger, etc? Only one I can think is David Harbor as Armstrong, and maybe Chris Hemsworth as X-O Manowar or Radcliffe as Ninjak if they were trying to break being tied to single character

Last edited:
Update: January 8, 2018

Vin Diesel in Talks to Star in Valiant's BLOODSHOT Movie from Sony

Vin-Diesel_Blooshot.png

Vin Diesel is in talks to star in Sony’s “Bloodshot” movie based on the Valiant comic, TheWrap has learned.

Sony revealed it would be moving forward with its five-film shared universe plan for joint franchises based on the Valiant comic books “Harbinger” and “Bloodshot.”

“Bloodshot” is about a mortally wounded soldier resurrected with cutting-edge nanotechnology and tasked with rounding up superpowered outcasts known as “harbingers.” “Bloodshot” was created by Kevin Van Hook, Don Perlin and Bob Layton in 1992.

The film will also reunite Diesel with “Fast and the Furious” mega-producer Neal Moritz, who is producing alongside Valiant’s Dinesh Shamdasani.

Dave Wilson, who is “Deadpool” director Tim Miller’s partner at Blur Studios, is attached to direct. Oscar-nominated screenwriter Eric Heisserer (“Arrival”) is writing the screenplay.

According to insiders, Sony and Wilson plan to follow in the footsteps of the recent success of “Logan” and “Deadpool” with an R-rated take on the comic adaptation that will be tonally and aesthetically influenced by high-concept, sci-fi blockbusters of the late ’80s including “Robocop,” “Terminator,” and “Total Recall.”

Vin Diesel in Talks to Star in Valiant Entertainment’s ‘Bloodshot’ Movie from Sony Pictures (Exclusive)

Vin gonna have his big boy boots on?
3F4016C3-5436-45A3-A806-9413D5215B19.jpeg

Not really feeling Vin as Bloodshot, though I have nothing against him (and I like him as Riddick and to an extent Dom)

If Vin Diesel, and Bautista get the titular roles, then both films are screwed.

Fan-art of Vin Diesel with hair as Bloodshot.

vin-diesel-bloodshot-valiant-comics-1073114.jpeg

Dragon, did you do a dream cast for the main Valiant characters; Archer and Amstrong, Unity, Harbinger, etc? Only one I can think is David Harbor as Armstrong, and maybe Chris Hemsworth as X-O Manowar or Radcliffe as Ninjak if they were trying to break being tied to single character
Not as of the moment. I could do a Valiant Fantasy Casting down the road.

I do have someone for Armstrong from Archer and Armstrong - Happy Anderson (a.k.a. John Goodman Jr.)

Not as of the moment. I could do a Valiant Fantasy Casting down the road.

I do have someone for Armstrong from Archer and Armstrong - Happy Anderson (a.k.a. John Goodman Jr.)
Googled him, yeah that works. I look forward to the rest when you get around to it

Back