Valiant Entertainment (Paramount Picks Up HARBINGER from Sony)

If Valiant is successful with their movies do you
think other comic companies will make their own?

There area lot of movies they already made that I'd like to see them do seriously. The Spirt and The Shadow, for instance.

But Dark Horse and Image have more potential properties than either Marvel or DC at this point. Savage Dragon is basically tailor-made to be a Hollywood action movie. I'm surprised they're not getting rushed into pre-production.

There area lot of movies they already made that I'd like to see them do seriously. The Spirt and The Shadow, for instance.

But Dark Horse and Image have more potential properties than either Marvel or DC at this point. Savage Dragon is basically tailor-made to be a Hollywood action movie. I'm surprised they're not getting rushed into pre-production.

Hmm speaking to a guy who has a Dredd avatar, I thought you'd at least mention 2000AD. Yeah Dark Horse has some good lines (like the Hellboy universe) & Image has maybe 1 or 2 interesting titles. However I think when it comes to sci-fi comic series, 2000AD is where it's at.

I made a thread about 2000AD a week ago & no one really responded. Everyone rants & raves about all these other publishers like Image or whatever but 2000AD was the one that basically helped to create the DC/Vertigo line & all the great British comic writers started @ 2KAD. I don't think titles like Sandman, Hellblazer, Moore's Swamp Thing would've existed without 2000AD.

I know when I lose interest in the few superhero books I like the first publisher I check out is 2000AD, the galaxy's greatest comic for reason.

Hmm speaking to a guy who has a Dredd avatar, I thought you'd at least mention 2000AD. Yeah Dark Horse has some good lines (like the Hellboy universe) & Image has maybe 1 or 2 interesting titles. However I think when it comes to sci-fi comic series, 2000AD is where it's at.

I made a thread about 2000AD a week ago & no one really responded. Everyone rants & raves about all these other publishers like Image or whatever but 2000AD was the one that basically helped to create the DC/Vertigo line & all the great British comic writers started @ 2KAD. I don't think titles like Sandman, Hellblazer, Moore's Swamp Thing would've existed without 2000AD.

I know when I lose interest in the few superhero books I like the first publisher I check out is 2000AD, the galaxy's greatest comic for reason.

To be honest Dredd is the only 2000AD title I connected with. I liked Scarlet Traces, but didn't know it was a 2000AD title.

I really shit the bed by not mentioning European comics. They've put out some of the greatest comics I ever read.

I'm going to track down your 2000AD thread...

To be honest Dredd is the only 2000AD title I connected with. I liked Scarlet Traces, but didn't know it was a 2000AD title.

I really shit the bed by not mentioning European comics. They've put out some of the greatest comics I ever read.

I'm going to track down your 2000AD thread...

Here's the thread buddy:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/a...-comic-publisher-home-of-judge-dredd.3351967/

Yeah I'm not sure why European comics don't get much love. I mean there's both 2000AD & Heavy Metal magazine (the later of which had Moebius which had badass art & heavily influenced the sci-fi & fantasy world back in the 80s as well).

I just personally find it odd, when people say "yeah check out Image or check out X publisher not named DC/Marvel". Like sure Image & those other publishers definitely have great titles but if you're a fan of the British writers, why not check out the comic that launched them into the US & is still going strong & puts out quality books that rival all the other great Indie titles?

Who does Dark Horse have ?

Who does Dark Horse have ?

Grendel
Usagi Yojimbo
X
Ghost
Motorhead
Law
Madman
Concrete
Barb Wire
Titan
The Mask
Next Men
Monkey Man and O'Brien
Berserk
Blade of the Immortal
Lone Wolf and Cub
Lone Wolf in the future (or whatever that new series is called)
Hard Boiled
Martha Washington
Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot
Abe Sapien
BPRD
Baltimore
Joe Golem
The Goon
Age of Reptiles
Gon
Babe
Beasts of Burden

And... that's about all I feel like typing up right now.

They may not own all these characters, but if I was a Hollywood director looking to invest in some comic books I would be totally overwhelmed by what Dark Horse has to offer.

Valiant is actually no joke, they are the 3rd biggest comic book company behind DC and Marvel, they've outsold both DC and Marvel on numerous occasions. I can't say I"ve read many of their comics but from what I've read and researched they write excellent stories and characters.

One thing I like is their world is more grounded than DC/Marvel, a bit more realistic, for eg. Bloodshot has a regen/healing power like Wolverine but he needs to eat protein in order to regen it doesn't just do it by itself.

To my knowledge there are no super powerful being like Superman or Thor, the strongest is I think is:

Toyo Harada: a telepath/telekinesis who owns a large corporation, richest guy in the world too I think and a villain.

X-O Manowar: think Iron man meets Conan the barbarian, a visigoth warrior finds an alien suit and becomes one of the most powerful men in the world.

Grendel
Usagi Yojimbo
X
Ghost
Motorhead
Law
Madman
Concrete
Barb Wire
Titan
The Mask
Next Men
Monkey Man and O'Brien
Berserk
Blade of the Immortal
Lone Wolf and Cub
Hard Boiled
Martha Washington
Abe Sapien
BPRD
Baltimore
Joe Golem
The Goon
Age of Reptiles
Gon
Babe
Beasts of Burden

They may not own all these characters, but if I was a Hollywood director looking to invest in some comic books I would be totally overwhelmed by what Dark Horse has to offer.

Don't they also have at least one time Godzilla and
Star Wars?

Don't they also have at least one time Godzilla and
Star Wars?

Yeah, their licensed properties included James Bond, Indiana Jones, Predators, Alien, Terminator, The Thing, Robocop... uh, probably a few others. Buffy, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Planet of the Apes.

Grendel
Usagi Yojimbo
X
Ghost
Motorhead
Law
Madman
Concrete
Barb Wire
Titan
The Mask
Next Men
Monkey Man and O'Brien
Berserk
Blade of the Immortal
Lone Wolf and Cub
Hard Boiled
Martha Washington
Abe Sapien
BPRD
Baltimore
Joe Golem
The Goon
Age of Reptiles
Gon
Babe
Beasts of Burden

witcher 3

dark souls

Eve:eek:nline

I think Divinity is their most powerful character. Great 4 issue mini series. Kinda bittersweet at the end for the character. This would be an awesome "villain" the Valiant universe could face if the movies do good and continue the shared universe theme.

Also, everyone should check out "The Valiant" mini series. It was unbelievable how much story was told over 4 issues. It helps to know the backgrounds of the characters involved but it was one of the best stories I've ever read. What I love about Valiant is they are very story driven. They don't just spew out big "everything will change!" events every year.

Valiant is actually no joke, they are the 3rd biggest comic book company behind DC and Marvel, they've outsold both DC and Marvel on numerous occasions. I can't say I"ve read many of their comics but from what I've read and researched they write excellent stories and characters.

One thing I like is their world is more grounded than DC/Marvel, a bit more realistic, for eg. Bloodshot has a regen/healing power like Wolverine but he needs to eat protein in order to regen it doesn't just do it by itself.

To my knowledge there are no super powerful being like Superman or Thor, the strongest is I think is:

Toyo Harada: a telepath/telekinesis who owns a large corporation, richest guy in the world too I think and a villain.

X-O Manowar: think Iron man meets Conan the barbarian, a visigoth warrior finds an alien suit and becomes one of the most powerful men in the world.

Tbf Harada is like Prof X but a bad guy, powerful as shit and with an army of lesser telepaths too but with less altruistic goals. He took out a whole naval armada in a blink.

20633.jpg

20634.jpg

20635.jpg

20636.jpg

20638.jpg

I think Divinity is their most powerful character. Great 4 issue mini series. Kinda bittersweet at the end for the character. This would be an awesome "villain" the Valiant universe could face if the movies do good and continue the shared universe theme.

Also, everyone should check out "The Valiant" mini series. It was unbelievable how much story was told over 4 issues. It helps to know the backgrounds of the characters involved but it was one of the best stories I've ever read. What I love about Valiant is they are very story driven. They don't just spew out big "everything will change!" events every year.

Yeah Divinity is like a Dr Manhattan, but less interested in the world at large

Last edited:
Yeah, their licensed properties included James Bond, Indiana Jones, Predators, Alien, Terminator, The Thing, Robocop... uh, probably a few others. Buffy, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Planet of the Apes.

serenity

Update: October 8, 2016

First Trailer for Valiant Digital Series NINJAK VS THE VALIANT UNIVERSE

ST0htIp.jpg

Today at New York Comic Con 2016, Valiant Entertainment revealed the first trailer for Ninjak VS The Valiant Universe, which is a six-episode series that brings Ninjak to live-action for the very first time in 2017. The series will see Ninjak running a gauntlet of Valiant’s most popular and most deadly characters.

Ninjak VS The Valiant Universe is the first project from Valiant Digital, a new division of Valiant Entertainment that was also announced at New York Comic Con. Valiant Digital will produce original content in live-action, animation and emerging media aimed specifically at the digital market.

Ninjak VS The Valiant Universe stars Michael Rowe (Arrow) as Colin King, a.k.a. Ninjak; Jason David Frank (Power Rangers) as Bloodshot; John Morrison (WWE) as the Eternal Warrior; Chantelle Barry (Entourage) as Roku; Kevin Porter (Dodgeball) as Armstrong; Ciera Foster (Two and a Half Men) as Livewire, and Derek Theler (Baby Daddy) as X-O Manowar.

Ninjak Vs. The Valiant Universe Trailer Released At New York Comic-Con

Looks like dog dicks. Probably still watch, though.

Ninjak-VS-Valiant-Universe-100816-Dragonlord.jpg

Today at New York Comic Con 2016, Valiant Entertainment revealed the first trailer for Ninjak VS The Valiant Universe, which is a six-episode series that brings Ninjak to live-action for the very first time in 2017. The series will see Ninjak running a gauntlet of Valiant’s most popular and most deadly characters.

Ninjak VS The Valiant Universe is the first project from Valiant Digital, a new division of Valiant Entertainment that was also announced at New York Comic Con. Valiant Digital will produce original content in live-action, animation and emerging media aimed specifically at the digital market.

Ninjak VS The Valiant Universe stars Michael Rowe (Arrow) as Colin King, a.k.a. Ninjak; Jason David Frank (Power Rangers) as Bloodshot; John Morrison (WWE) as the Eternal Warrior; Chantelle Barry (Entourage) as Roku; Kevin Porter (Dodgeball) as Armstrong; Ciera Foster (Two and a Half Men) as Livewire, and Derek Theler (Baby Daddy) as X-O Manowar.

Thought this was a movie about @NinjaNiK

Kind of a weird choice to put a bunch of characters that are supposed to have live action films starring them in a throwaway digital series, presumably getting beat up by Ninjak.

Wonder if the casting is going to stay the same?

This looks interesting can't wait to watch

Ninjak-VS-Valiant-Universe-100816-Dragonlord.jpg

what channel will this go on ?

Last edited:
Back