Vadim Nemkov vs. Francis Ngannou - Who wins?

Who wins?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know Ferreira just beat Bader and set up to fight Ngannou next.

Just say Ngannou wins against Ferreira and it's highly plausible he'll win.

Who do you see wins with Nemkov vs. Ngannou?

a5ea2-16921195176144-1920.jpg

Nemkov too small for heavyweight.

I don't think there's any way he beats Ngannou.

I'd think -500 Ngannou +400 Nemkov.

The other guy was close to touching him. I think Ngannou touches him and puts him to bed.

There would be lots of interesting match ups for him at heavyweight in UFC though.

Like I know lots of people think Almeida is great, but Nemkov beats him easy imo.

But I just looked at the heavyweight top 20, maybe never mind lmao.

I can see him beating lots of guys up here lol. I don't think Ngannou though.

Nemkov didn't look that great last fight in my eyes either.

Nemkov too small for heavyweight.

I don't think there's any way he beats Ngannou.

I'd think -500 Ngannou +400 Nemkov.

The other guy was close to touching him. I think Ngannou touches him and puts him to bed.

There would be lots of interesting match ups for him at heavyweight in UFC though.

Like I know lots of people think Almeida is great, but Nemkov beats him easy imo.

Agreed

Nemkov would need to fight the perfect fight to beat Ng

He'd have to avoid getting knocked out on the feet and avoid getting taken down and smashed while being a lot smaller and weaker than Ng

Tall order but he'd get a fat bag. Life changing bag.

Nemkov is pretty well rounded but he's not dangerous enough at any one area to beat Ngannou.
I could see a HW Nemkov becoming a bigger submission threat personally given the standard of grappling in the division, his LHW run was mostly against pretty strong grapplers.

He doesnt really have Fedor's speed(not slow but not THAT fast) or natural boxing ability though its true which I think could make it hard to keep Francis "honest", I think Nemkov would probably need to get him down relatively early and either finish or gas him enough to take the edge off his striking.

Last edited:
I think Nemkov would come very prepared for Franky. And lets be real Francis is now spring chicken, and he did not look good in his fight with Gane. Nemkov can strike and wrestle, so Francis will only have his power a weapon. And damn is it real and a game changer when it lands. So Nemkov would just need to point fight and wear Franky down in the early rounds. Probably chopping at his legs. Then when Legs and Cardio are spent take him down and look for submission.

I think Nemkov would come very prepared for Franky. And lets be real Francis is now spring chicken, and he did not look good in his fight with Gane. Nemkov can strike and wrestle, so Francis will only have his power a weapon. And damn is it real and a game changer when it lands. So Nemkov would just need to point fight and wear Franky down in the early rounds. Probably chopping at his legs. Then when Legs and Cardio are spent take him down and look for submission.
I do tend to think the knee injury was a massive factor in the Gane fight personally, the lack of mobility in that match compared to those either side of it really stands out. Francis was being set up by the UFC to lose that fight IMHO similar to Sylvia being forced to fight Randy injured either because they knew Jones wouldnt fight him or because they thought he could be on the way out.

Frank isn’t getting younger and he’s been focused on boxing. Frank doesn’t seem in a big hurry to have an MMA fight.

Frank isn’t getting younger and he’s been focused on boxing. Frank doesn’t seem in a big hurry to have an MMA fight.
I mean if Ngannou waits until he's 45 to fight in MMA again, who knows. But the Ngannou who beat Stipe in the rematch beats Nemkov all day.

I mean if Ngannou waits until he's 45 to fight in MMA again, who knows. But the Ngannou who beat Stipe in the rematch beats Nemkov all day.
Probably/Maybe....but that man is gone. It was over 6 years ago. That is a lifetime in high level sports.

Probably/Maybe....but that man is gone. It was over 6 years ago. That is a lifetime in high level sports.

I agree. I think Ngannou post knee surgery and post heavy emphasis on training strictly boxing will likely be a less effective MMA fighter with worse cardio. I think if Nemkov fights smart and uses his footwork to take it later into the fight his chances of being finished will decrease exponentially. It could easily be like the Gane fight where Francis won but didn't have a whole lot of offense. Only difference is that Nemkov is a much better grappler than Gane.

I know Ferreira just beat Bader and set up to fight Ngannou next.

Just say Ngannou wins against Ferreira and it's highly plausible he'll win.

Who do you see wins with Nemkov vs. Ngannou?

a5ea2-16921195176144-1920.jpg

Please tell me your not serious

Nemkov gives up size but he's well rounded and longer Francis waits, older he gets, would it really be shocking to anyone if Nemkov got him down and beat him?

Nemkov gives up size but he's well rounded and longer Francis waits, older he gets, would it really be shocking to anyone if Nemkov got him down and beat him?

Woudlnt shock me at all. Vadim is one of the most skilled and most well rounded fighters in the world.

It's going to be very hard for a 245lbs fighter to wrestle Ngannou. The strength gap will be huge, the skill gap not that much, and you have to close the 83" reach death zone to get gim.

Back