Usman is gassing

I'm still watching, but it is a pretty anticlimactic finale. Overall it was a fun card though.

This is what passes as sports entertainment these days.

mfw george frodo.jpg

I can't believe that I'm watching Demain Maia pull a Verdum when he fought Ubereem in Strikeforce…

Overeem-Werdum.jpg

Jeez...

Usman is a bum. This is the second fight I seen with him, and both times this guy has this boring, play it safe style. It sucks for Maia, because he is the more skilled guy... he's just much older.

I want to root for Usman, because I like a guy who wants to smash that dork Covington. But it is difficult to support such a boring, safe fighter.
Lol. You better fight safe when you fight Maia.

Usman has 5/10 striking & 8/10 wrestling & probably no bjj. He's top 10 but i don't see a champion in him.

why not?

it's not about how good a fighter is in each part of MMA, it's about how good the fighter is compared to the rest of their division. Usman has a good chance to beat anyone in the current top 5 with his current skill set.

tf? Do u actually even train?
Usman has been landing some good strikes and has definitely stayed active, why the hell would he bum rush Maia and leave him open for takedowns in which that is the palce where he has the least likelihood of winning

OK, that's fine. But his previous fight, it was the same thing. I can't remember who he fought, but whoever it was, basically this guy is physically superior to almost anyone out there. He dictates where every fight takes place, so why isn't he doing more? Its the same with Woodley BTW. Both guys are safety first fighters.

why not?

it's not about how good a fighter is in each part of MMA, it's about how good the fighter is compared to the rest of their division. Usman has a good chance to beat anyone in the current top 5 with his current skill set.

He has a 0% chance of beating Woodley, Thompson, Colby has a good chance vs him & depending on the tkd of Till he could potentially mop the floor with him.

He has a 0% chance of beating Woodley, Thompson, Colby has a good chance vs him & depending on the tkd of Till he could potentially mop the floor with him.

yeah, i can see he doesn't match up so well vs Thompson, but he could tire out Woodley. he has the right style to do it. Colby it's 50/50 for me, and Till i don't know, his fight with Thompson will show us a lot i think

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back