Uriah's grappling?

Liddells Gut

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
There has been an abundance of talk about Uriah's potential in the UFC, but we still don't know too much about his grappling.

What have you seen to suggest that he will survive past fighters like: Palarhes, Munoz, Weidman, or Leites (if he fought in the UFC again)? Uriah showed versatility in his TUF entry fight, but still gave up his back and lost some dominant positions.

Uriah needs about 3 seconds to wobbly leg Palhares though I admit if Palhares got the leg, it would get nasty.

But Uriah 9/10 until Palhares learns to defend and react.

kasey was submitting him in practice at the start of the season, easily.

It's hard to say without seeing much, right? Everything else is just he say she say BS. He fought Weidman before, look at his record, but you have to take into consideration when they fought, Uriah's mentality, and I would ASSUME he probably beat himself up over it by busting his ass in the gym trying to get better. I'm interested to see how he would fare against a Munoz or someone with that kind of wrestling though, for sure... but for Chael to say to him he's a contender, Chael has fought the best guys in that weight class and saw and coached Uriah everyday on the show....

its seems grapplers learn striking easier than strikers learn grappling. I haven't seen enough yet, but considering the way Rousey handled him in training, you think someone like Munoz would GnP him no prob.

No ground game = poor mans Melvin Manhoef...

There has been an abundance of talk about Uriah's potential in the UFC, but we still don't know too much about his grappling.

What have you seen to suggest that he will survive past fighters like: Palarhes, Munoz, Weidman, or Leites (if he fought in the UFC again)? Uriah showed versatility in his TUF entry fight, but still gave up his back and lost some dominant positions.

You guys are really taking the Rousey video has example of what "Fighter A or B" would do to him? SMH... Wow. Haha.

You guys are really taking the Rousey video has example of what "Fighter A or B" would do to him? SMH... Wow. Haha.

A loose observation for sure. I did start by saying I hadn't seen enough.

Chris Weidman beat Uriah but I am sure he has come a long way since then. He snuffed Weidman's take down but lost to a hook, then it seen Hall couldn't get up. Not sure if its a lack of ground game or that he was just stunned.

He shook off Wediman's tds for a while, but Chris was green

Weidman already beat him with his wrestling.. if he works on it enough he could at least have stellar TDD. If not, maybe it's time to join a camp with a lot of good wrestlers.

Chris Weidman beat Uriah but I am sure he has come a long way since then. He snuffed Weidman's take down but lost to a hook, then it seen Hall couldn't get up. Not sure if its a lack of ground game or that he was just stunned.

He got fucking dropped, i'm pretty sure he was just Stunned.

Weidman would commit murder in a rematch, though.

you got to be fucking insane to think ronda will beat him that easily, unless his grappling is totally atrocious, a competent grappler of urijas size vs a a woman (no matter ifs ronda) in a no gi confrontation, in a serious grappling match, hardly will look like that.

you got to be fucking insane to think ronda will beat him that easily, unless his grappling is totally atrocious, a competent grappler of urijas size vs a a woman (no matter ifs ronda) in a no gi confrontation, in a serious grappling match, hardly will look like that.

No. Not that easily. I know he could have prevented that second armbar for much longer. However, even if he was just being defensive, he allowed her to get into some advantageous positions very quickly. Considering how competitive he is, I honestly doubt that he would have given her dominant position so readily.

No. Not that easily. I know he could have prevented that second armbar for much longer. However, even if he was just being defensive, he allowed her to get into some advantageous positions very quickly. Considering how competitive he is, I honestly doubt that he would have given her dominant position so readily.

lol this is getting ridiculous.
Uriah could throw Ronda around if he so please. He's walking around at nearly 200lbs and he's not some scrub off of the street.

well, armbars from guard in that position are not all that good in mma or adcc rules, you can slam your way out, thats not all that easy when you are facing some dude whos about your size, but ronda? urija couldve lifted her from the ground and go rampage on her... I see your point though, I guess we will see when he faces a good grappler...

Uriah needs about 3 seconds to wobbly leg Palhares though I admit if Palhares got the leg, it would get nasty.

But Uriah 9/10 until Palhares learns to defend and react.

He has lost to every good fighter he has faced, and now he is gonna beat palhares 9/10 times? I dunno about that one. Palhares by leglock or ground and pound tko. He is strong as fuck and can grapple his ass off.

well, armbars from guard in that position are not all that good in mma or adcc rules, you can slam your way out, thats not all that easy when you are facing some dude whos about your size, but ronda? urija couldve lifted her from the ground and go rampage on her... I see your point though, I guess we will see when he faces a good grappler...

It would have been amazing if he just snapped and did Rampage her. That would have made for some good tv!

I think his athleticism will serve him well in sprawling and defending the takedown, if he gets taken down it's a different matter though.

Back