Upset-level if Hendo manages to beat Lombard

Readybodisready

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Henderson has such a small chance of winning this it's like the Cormier fight striking-wise. Lombard is still one of if not the most lethal fast starter in a fight. He's also a southpaw which is tough for Dan and his chin is legendary. I bet that even if the H-bomb lands well it will not knock Lombard out. If Hendo survives the onslaught and Hector gasses again, he's too old to capitalize on it.

What was Dan thinking by taking this fight?

I have a feeling that H-bomb will land. My hunch says huge upset.

You will see alot of wall and stall 1st rnd from hendo looking to gas lombard.

Rnd 2 lombard plodding foward right into the h bomb

I have the feel that Lombard would retire Hendo.

I have a feeling that H-bomb will land.

Well it's not the same H-Bomb as the one from 2011 anymore. And Hombard's never been ko'd, knocked down or even visibly hurt in all his years of fighting. It won't be enough.

Hendo needs to retire man, a right hand is all he has left even tho imo I wouldn't necessarily call it an upset if he beats Lombard I still think Lombard knocks him out he's to quick for ol Hendo....and yes I am a big Hendo fan

Upset level? Negative i guess. Dan is going to KO this stiff ass dirty fighter called lombard and im going to enjoy it

Well it's not the same H-Bomb as the one from 2011 anymore. And Hombard's never been ko'd, knocked down or even visibly hurt in all his years of fighting. It won't be enough.
Did you see his fight against Magny?

I think Lombard will be his usual over aggressive bully self and wade in on Dan and catch the H bomb on the chin and go down.

Hendo needs to retire man, a right hand is all he has left even tho imo I wouldn't necessarily call it an upset if he beats Lombard I still think Lombard knocks him out he's to quick for ol Hendo....and yes I am a big Hendo fan

Same here it's not that I'm hating on him. I'm actually upset that this fight is happening because these two are some of my all time favorites, I hate to see either of them get hurt.

Best case scenario we see a Hunt-Bigfoot 1 and Dan retires with his head held high.

Smaller upset then GSP/Serra imo.. I think most guys in the UFC take Dan at this point in his career. Might fet flammed for that, but the last thing to leave you is power. Dan looks like he struggles walking to the cage now, let alone trying to wrestle or dominate like he use to. As his joints have ceased up over time, he's relied more on that single punch. He's admitted himself he's basically only fighting for a paycheck to support his family now, and if the UFC were to offer him a position outside of fighting, he would probably retire... Hector is getting up there as well, but I gaurantee has no plans on retiring soon.

My upset level will be 0% if Hendo wins. I hope Lombard gets KO'd and has more hot test results. Perhaps all that is merely a pipe dream. Still, WAR OL' MAN HENDO!

n5jzkR.gif

Did you see his fight against Magny?

Well, to be objective, Magny didn't knock him down, and Lombard definitely looked more exhausted than hurt from strikes. He didn't say no one had ever outgrappled Lombard before.

Back