Upset-level if Hendo manages to beat Lombard

No it wont even be considered a huge upset! Lombard just lost to fucking Neil Magny and now he's fighting a former LHW.

After Lombard lost to Magny, him being finished isn't out of the realm of possibility anymore. Plus he will be so pitifully undersized at MW

Plenty of Sherdog would likely be fine with that outcome, so I doubt there would be significant upset on the forums.

Henderson has such a small chance of winning this it's like the Cormier fight striking-wise. Lombard is still one of if not the most lethal fast starter in a fight. He's also a southpaw which is tough for Dan and his chin is legendary. I bet that even if the H-bomb lands well it will not knock Lombard out. If Hendo survives the onslaught and Hector gasses again, he's too old to capitalize on it.

What was Dan thinking by taking this fight?

It would be an upset, but not a massive one. I expect Lombard to win by TKO, but I wont be L'il Nog-Rashad style shocked if it goes the other way.

- Hendo is bigger
- Still has the power
- He destroyed Boetsch who beat Lombard
- Lombard doesnt look great up at 185

It would be a minor shock only.

I bet that even if the H-bomb lands well it will not knock Lombard out.
lololololol

That is one of the stupidest things I've ever read on Sheepdog. If I get shot maybe I won't bleed. Honda can know out anyone with that right if it lands. Will it land? That's another debate.

Upset?

I'll be rooting for Hendo. I hope he KO Lombard and rides into the sunset.

I don't care who wins as long as there is a violent KO.

giphy.gif

lololololol

That is one of the stupidest things I've ever read on Sheepdog. If I get shot maybe I won't bleed. Honda can know out anyone with that right if it lands. Will it land? That's another debate.

It's not the same right hand from 2011 anymore, jerkoff. Power is the last thing to leave but it also deteriorates especially when you've reached your mid 40s.

A lot of tension in this thread. Lyoto made this fight, not Joe Silva.

Henderson has such a small chance of winning this it's like the Cormier fight striking-wise. Lombard is still one of if not the most lethal fast starter in a fight. He's also a southpaw which is tough for Dan and his chin is legendary. I bet that even if the H-bomb lands well it will not knock Lombard out. If Hendo survives the onslaught and Hector gasses again, he's too old to capitalize on it.

What was Dan thinking by taking this fight?
He's fighting Lombard? Ugh. I really feel like the UFC needs a Veterans division for older fighters and they just all fight each other.

What upset? Bitch please....

Hendo can fight a fool when he's 118 years old and in a wheelchair and it still wouldn't be an upset because the H bomb can land anytime, anywhere.

Never count out Hendo and never bet against him.

Lombard doesn't even have a winning record in UFC. when will people wake up and realize he is not the amazing fighter you think he is. he hasn't even fought anyone in top 5 either.

Lombard doesn't even have a winning record in UFC. when will people wake up and realize he is not the amazing fighter you think he is. he hasn't even fought anyone in top 5 either.

In their last 6 Lombard is 3-3(4-2 if it wasn't for the failed test) Hendo 2-4, and 2-6 in his last 8. Hector's 2 SD's could have gone either way and other refs would have stopped the Magny fight in the first.
Stats are fun.

Lombard's started his recent fights with a quick combination, trying to overwhelm and mostly succeeding, but if he doesn't get it done early he becomes more counter oriented and starts to use his Judo. So early on, if that happens again, Hendo won't back down up close and both have so much power that it wouldn't be an upset. Lombard's faster though so he's got the edge even in that. And in all other areas. But Hendo's really never been known as a guy who can hurt you with multiple looks, but it's clinch wrestling, H-Bombs and relying on a rock chin. Usually got the job done, but his chin isn't the same. I think Lombard finishes early, but this would've been an awesome fight late last decade. Would've had more potential to last longer.

I have a hard time seeing Hendo beat lombard at this stage of his career, but I'd be pretty happy if it happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back