UPDATE: Now that JON JONES is declared innocent he is only 1 win away from catching JOSE ALDO

It is impossible for JBJ to be declared innocent though, he is already been found guilty, we only await what his punishment will be.

Aldo went 25-0 in his first 25 fights at FW (including 9 title defenses).
Jones is 22-1 (1) in his first 24 fights at LHW (including 8 title defenses).

If Jones is cleared of intentional wrongdoing for his latest PED failure he will effectively be 24-0 going into his next fight, only one short of Aldo's legendary run to start his career.

Notes for Hardcores:
  1. Aldo's only loss in his first 26 fights was a short-notice outing at 155.
  2. Of course unlike Aldo, Jones decided not to test himself above his division only 8 fights into his career. But that's beside the point.
  3. Jones's Hamill loss wasn't a real loss.
  4. GSP went 23-2 in his first 25 fights at WW (but was challenging for the world title in only his 8th fight).
  5. Of course 145 and 155 are much deeper talent pools than 205, since the average athletic Brazilian/American man is around 5'9"-5'10" and 165-175lbs - i.e., someone who would cut to LW - so Aldo and GSP, in divisions immediately to either side of LW, effectively had to climb higher mountains than Jones. (LHW of course is the most celebrity-filled division due to promotional practices, but this is MMA ... even before CM Punk turned up we all understood level of fame is not the same as level of talent in this game. Fame - aka "Name" value - holds even after a fighter leaves their prime.) THAT SAID, at 205lbs it can be argued that while the path isn't as challenging in p4p talent-depth terms, the margin for error is lower due to the amount of power in play.
  6. Jon Jones has been my favourite fighter to watch for the last half decade or so, so yes ... I am one biased motherfucker and rooting for him to beat this latest charge.
  7. Fedor is the GOAT.
He’s already been found guiltyof failing the drug test. He’s just trying to get a slap on the wrist by paying them off n the usual “ I didn’t know I took it “ crap. So his legacy is and will stay tarnished little buddy

40% of the UFC's top 10 HW's are from outside the USA and Brazil, so there is a large talent pool outside of those 2 major contributing countries in the UFC. To pretend that only these 2 countries matter is ridiculous.

Nobody's arguing other countries don't contribute goofus, only that USA & BRA contribute a significant majority. Keep up.

giphy.gif

2nd. Your entire argument is further null and void when Brazil, the 2nd major contributing country doesnt play either of those big sports.

If you think the fact Brazil doesn't play those sports renders the entire argument null and void you clearly don't understand either the argument or what the words "entire" and/or "null" and/or "void" mean.

Or all of the above I guess.

giphy.gif

Now your down to Americans being only 30% of the top 10

Stipe, Derrick, Curtis and Cain are all in the top 10. This thread had already provided mountains of evidence that math isn't your strong point but claiming that 4/10 = 30% is about the most adorable thing I've ever seen on Sherdog.

giphy.gif

and your argument is now that Americans are naturally athletically superior to other countries because our big athletes go into other sports.

Nope. Not even close. How is it so difficult for you to grasp such a simple concept?

giphy.gif

There are 18,684 NCAA participents in Basketball, who only have a 10% chance of being drafted to any sort of professional level, it leaves about 16,000 competitive basket players that can cross over.

Football is even better.

73,000 NCAA participents, and only a very small fraction of them can make it to any sort of pro level.

I still do not see any sort of significant numbers that would leave anyone to believe that these 2 sports could negatively impact a "different sport" in any meaningful way.

Why do you assume it's about "crossing over"? Are you truly so cognitively limited you don't get that the pathway for the top pros in divisions which aren't compiled from athletic leftovers begins in mid teens or earlier? Yikes son.

Look, I get that not everyone is blessed with an IQ above 73 so I'll make it real nice and simple for you:
  • A guy who never had what it took to make it in the NFL and like Brendan Schaub was able to enter the HW ranks and compile a positive W-L record over 11 fights in MMA's premier organisation, including waxing established pros like Cro Cop and Gonzaga, even though he didn't train in any martial art until after his 21st birthday.
  • A college basketball player who never made it to the pro ranks and who didn't begin to train in martial arts at all until he was 26 like Travis Browne was able to wax established pros like Overeem, Barnett, Gonzaga and Struve and suffered only two losses in his first 20 fights.
  • Matt Mitrione didn't have his first MMA fight until he was in his THIRTIES, and managed to compiled a very positive W-L record in 14 fights in the sport's premier organisation.
  • Brock Lesnar became UFC champion in only his 4th ever MMA fight.
  • Francis Ngannou was a literal bum 4 years ago and made it - undefeated - to a world title fight at HW.
You want to know how many fighters have come into the UFC's FW, LW or WW divisions and performed feats even close to those even though the FW, LW and WW divisions are larger sample sizes and thus should provide more examples if talent depth really is equal across the board as you weirdly claim even though the likes of Schaub and Frank Mir have openly admitted it's easier to get to the top of HW than FW, LW or WW?

I'm sure even a boob like you can do the math on that one.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
If Phi- was actually a mutant turtle that lived in the sewers and somehow liked pizza... Would he be able to type this exact same reply case the Google Toilet Internet Service Provider existed? Would he be able to actually use either a physical keyboard or a touchpad for that matter?

All reasonable paradigms here...maybe.

Your stolen jokes are as weak as TS' brain.

"If Jon gets declared innocent" LOL

Jon has used eyepokes so often I'm happy to count the Hammil fight as a loss.

divergent-bad-movie-reviews-4.gif

There’s revisionist history. But, turning 22-1-1 into 24-0 is just fucked right up, alright.

Dude look at avg Trump supporter, if these ppl were able to vote that stupid cunt into presidency - with the kind of history he has - revising JBJ record should be a stroll in the park. It's not even revising - revising involves a modicum of effort to argue - this is just ignoring reality and stating "nah here's the alternative facts"

Your stolen jokes are as weak as TS' brain.

"If Jon gets declared innocent" LOL
I'm quite sure you don't got it, my joke was just me kidding with your joke. I don't care at all about Jones or not Jones.

I'm glad you were able to understand that, instead of getting back at me with an aggressive reply <- This is a no fun joke

I'm sorry for you.

I'm quite sure you don't got it, my joke was just me kidding with your joke. I don't care at all about Jones or not Jones.

I'm glad you were able to understand that, instead of getting back at me with an aggressive reply <- This is a no fun joke

I'm sorry for you.

Where are you getting aggression from? I just analyzed your joke and didn't like it.

Just don't try to be funny, buddeh. It's not for you.

Yes. People call me "joke-judge" sometimes.

Where are you getting aggression from? I just analyzed your joke and didn't like it.

Just don't try to be funny, buddeh. It's not for you.

Yes. People call me "joke-judge" sometimes.
Ok then, go fuck yourself.

Oh, yeah, I'm just being Phi- funny ;-)

He’s already been found guiltyof failing the drug test. He’s just trying to get a slap on the wrist by paying them off n the usual “ I didn’t know I took it “ crap. So his legacy is and will stay tarnished little buddy

If you say so Dad.

Aint no catching Aldo bro
you got asterisk's next to yo shit.
Homie was caught and let off the hook twice.
c'mon son

<{RoseRun}>

Back