Update: Meltzer estimates PPV buys for UFC 225 at 250k

It's not long before it goes right, sell off their premium events to a broadcaster or streaming service..

Maybe at the next cycle? Just divided it all up into packages, tiers of events and sell to the highest bidders.

Who knows?
I am shocked they are still committing to 12 per year in 2019.

Its still a moneymaker & a 500k buy card cannot make the same amount of money on TV/OTT that it does on PPV

So PPv events will still be there, but cut down per year & saved for the bigger names.

Jesus, 250k buys for that card. When it’s supposed to be one of the bigger ones of the year. Frankie, I know the UFC is more profitable because of the TV deals but this does not look good at all my man.

Maybe they’ll smarten up, they can keep their 40 events a year but limit it to 6-8 PPVs and throw the rest on ESPN+

Jesus, 250k buys for that card. When it’s supposed to be one of the bigger ones of the year. Frankie, I know the UFC is more profitable because of the TV deals but this does not look good at all my man.

Maybe they’ll smarten up, they can keep their 40 events a year but limit it to 6-8 PPVs and throw the rest on ESPN+

Nobody (including I)) has ever argued interest is down.
Facts don't lie lol

I am with you regarding the PPV quantity hurting the quality.
I don't get it it.
Maybe ESPN having a piece of the PPV in 2019 is a reason they are keeping it at 12?

1. 150K is a rumor
2. Valuation of a company is a pretty standard formula
3. UFC makes more money from TV distribution deals then PPV and has for a few years now.
4. WME enacted cost cutting measures last year which lowers operating cost which in turn rises profit.
5. New TV deal is worth 300M/year, possibly escalates and that is only for the US. International TV deals could be worth another 100-200M.
6. Peaks and Valleys my man
lol valuation of a company isn't a standard formula, if it was everyone would value every company the same. That definitely doesn't happen.

Quit speaking common sense to a forum that lacks any lol. CM Punk doesn't even have an official FB page for crying out loud. His "drawing power" was overrated to begin with and the first card had 2 heavyweight fights as main/co-main with veterans on there from different countries.
Well his card did draw 150k more than Stipe's previous cards.......but that defeat really hurt him. He was pulling 6-7 figure residual checks from WWE when they only get like 7% of merchandise so he was massive draw in that world.

The CM Punk novelty has wore off.

And fans were probably not buying the card because of the CM Punk circus.

How did this do worse than 223? How? Guess Khabib really is a star.

CM punk was never a real star. he cried and whined his way to gain sympathy from the fans and that's how he main evented in WWE. he's a bum.

Well better than the 150 initially reported but still pretty bottom-line. I would have at least thought in the 300 or so range.

Not that it really concerns me as the product is still growing and I'm still plenty interested. Actually looking forward to see where ESPN takes things, Fox certainly felt very stagnant with their platform.

"But they said that CM Punk and Colby were big money draws"
No one said colby was a draw, he's still fresh on the scene. plus not to mention Bisping's headlined PPVs all flattened and did terribly and he's been in the game for a decade+. So there's that xD

how did Conor lose the 2nd fight? i'll wait i know you won't answer

He blew his load in the first two rounds like he always does. Nate Diaz the bunch bigger and physically fit fighter continued to push the pace, body McGregor against the cage and beat him with volume. Nate certainly has his number considering he choked Conor out on 10 days notice in the first fight. Again, it is what it is, that was in 2016, nobody Is worried about that fight. Once conor actually fights again then he can be relevant again.

He blew his load in the first two rounds like he always does. Nate Diaz the bunch bigger and physically fit fighter continued to push the pace, body McGregor against the cage and beat him with volume. Nate certainly has his number considering he choked Conor out on 10 days notice in the first fight. Again, it is what it is, that was in 2016, nobody Is worried about that fight. Once conor actually fights again then he can be relevant again.
huh even Diaz doesn't argue Conor winning the 4 round and the 1st and 2nd are clearly conor rounds so how the f did diaz win again? diaz also missed most of the punches he threw at conor

huh even Diaz doesn't argue Conor winning the 4 round and the 1st and 2nd are clearly conor rounds so how the f did diaz win again? diaz also missed most of the punches he threw at conor

Everything I read had Nate Diaz and his people saying he won also with a majority of the community. Not sure what you're reading that Nate Diaz is admitting he lost the fight lmaoo. But again, if you're looking for an argument make a new post about it. This one is about UFC 225 and PPV buys. Thanks bud.

Everything I read had Nate Diaz and his people saying he won also with a majority of the community. Not sure what you're reading that Nate Diaz is admitting he lost the fight lmaoo. But again, if you're looking for an argument make a new post about it. This one is about UFC 225 and PPV buys. Thanks bud.
"majority of the community" wrong just the salty haters,
CqW5PvvXgAAksCf.jpg

also these are the last 2 rounds stats
xTno6lh.png

so much for "nate beat him with volume"
in the 1st conor totally dominated him and could be 10-8 and the 2nd conor dominated for more than half of it and had 2 knockdowns

Last edited:
"majority of the community" wrong just the salty haters,
CqW5PvvXgAAksCf.jpg

also these are the last 2 rounds stats
xTno6lh.png

so much for "nate beat him with volume"
in the 1st conor totally dominated him and could be 10-8 and the 2nd conor dominated for more than half of it and had 2 knockdowns

reported for spam

Vince McMahon is so much more cool than dana.

p.s. cool story from Chael saying that WWE told chael to no-show for the Anderson rematch, saying 1million if he agreed right away, and 5 million more if Chael then appeared on RAW with his "UFC belt" the following day :D

Back