Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Justin Ledet vs Dmitriy Sosnovskiy on ufc fight night September 16nth.

So, Junior Albini outclassed Tim Johnson by far, I didnt see that coming! Guy is for real, that was hard to believe!

Kharitonov back on the game, quick win against Mondragon

Dale Sopi 6-3 vs. Matt Kovacs 13-16
Jared Rosholt 14-4 vs. Nick Rossborough 26-19-1
Josh Copeland 14-4 vs. Mike Kyle 22-14-1
Amir Aliakbari 6-1 vs. Tyler King 12-5
Wesley Cantillo 0-1 vs. Gustavo Trujillo 0-0
Ben Moa 0-0 vs. Trevor Kuresa 0-0
Robert Voves 0-0 vs. Alexandr Cverna 3-1
Rihars Biģis 2-0 vs. Pavel Neciparenko 0-0

I think he's getting his weight under control then making a debut later this year.

They need a new Fight Pass series... "The Gatekeeper". Basically guys fight Tony Lopez at 205 or HW, if they win, they get a contract.

Looking at his Facebook it looks like he's trying to make the UFC Australia card in November

Dale Sopi 6-3 vs. Matt Kovacs 13-16
Jared Rosholt 14-4 vs. Nick Rossborough 26-19-1
Josh Copeland 14-4 vs. Mike Kyle 22-14-1
Amir Aliakbari 6-1 vs. Tyler King 12-5
Wesley Cantillo 0-1 vs. Gustavo Trujillo 0-0
Ben Moa 0-0 vs. Trevor Kuresa 0-0
Robert Voves 0-0 vs. Alexandr Cverna 3-1
Rihars Biģis 2-0 vs. Pavel Neciparenko 0-0

Jared Torgeson 19-17 replaces the injured Kovacs and faces Sopi on PFL 2

welcome back KOTC HW/LHW, sugar creek HW/LHW, Arena Wars HW, OKC and RUF HW champ Tony lopes going for his 9th active title (7-1 in 2017 already)

and usman's big as fuck brother hype train as well

Van Palacio 4-2 vs. Mohammed Usman 1-0
Michel Batista 3-0 vs. Marino Eatman 3-1
Tony Lopez 53-25 vs. Jason Walraven 8-6
Sean (XL benson hendserson) Johnson 2-1 vs. CJ Leveque 9-10
Everett Sims 4-0 vs. Shelton Graves 6-3
Anjel Osiris 3-6 vs. Bubba Grant 4-3
Shawn Teed 3-1 vs. Jahsua Marsh 2-2
Jared Vanderaa 5-1 vs. Idrees Wasi 2-14

Pretty good weekend for heavyweight prospects. Usman, Batista, Teed etc.

Pretty good weekend for heavyweight prospects. Usman, Batista, Teed etc.
Jahsua marsh is gonna wreck Teed, dude has wrestling credentials as high as anyone in the UFC heavy division. Saw teed say his purple belt will win it for him, he doesn't understand that level of wrestling, I'm sure he hasn't experienced it in training.

Lopez gets the weekend off CFO is postponed according to their webpage till tommorrow I believe or next weekend

I think he's getting his weight under control then making a debut later this year.

They need a new Fight Pass series... "The Gatekeeper". Basically guys fight Tony Lopez at 205 or HW, if they win, they get a contract.

Tai is fighting Rashad Coulter at Ufc Sydney. What do you think about Tai? Is he just a brawler likely to flame out? Or does he have the ability to be a top ten HW.

Tai is fighting Rashad Coulter at Ufc Sydney. What do you think about Tai? Is he just a brawler likely to flame out? Or does he have the ability to be a top ten HW.

That'll be fun! Coulter showed a ton of heart and durability against Chase Sherman but ultimately, he's a limited brawler. Tai should steamroll him, I reckon.

Jahsua marsh is gonna wreck Teed, dude has wrestling credentials as high as anyone in the UFC heavy division. Saw teed say his purple belt will win it for him, he doesn't understand that level of wrestling, I'm sure he hasn't experienced it in training.
Could you shed some light on Jahsua? At 2-2, I haven't really looked at him like a serious prospect or anything.

Could you shed some light on Jahsua? At 2-2, I haven't really looked at him like a serious prospect or anything.

He lost his first two fights at 205, he said he was cutting from 245 and it was taking a toll, now he's a 260-265 pound heavy, won last two vs two guys that were 3-0. 4x All-American wrestler, NAIA national champ. Trains out of LIMMA, but he goes to Denver to train w Blaydes. Think he keeps it up he'll be 6-2 by mid-winter taking the step up...

Well Teed lost the first, was losing two minutes into the 2nd, was in a crucifix, and Marsh completely gassed and rolled over, it was weird

Well Teed lost the first, was losing two minutes into the 2nd, was in a crucifix, and Marsh completely gassed and rolled over, it was weird

See, I don't rate Marsh at ALL as a prospect. I appreciate your breakdown of his previous fights, but for me, he's just one of those guys who has wrestling credentials so gets hyped up a lot but isn't a good MMA fighter in the slightest. I certainly don't see him ever amounting to much, he'll never get a shot in the UFC IMO, he'll win 2-3 in a row then lose 2 in a row.

Lopez gets the weekend off CFO is postponed according to their webpage till tommorrow I believe or next weekend

He might have to start booking twice a week if these keep getting cancelled. ;P

See, I don't rate Marsh at ALL as a prospect. I appreciate your breakdown of his previous fights, but for me, he's just one of those guys who has wrestling credentials so gets hyped up a lot but isn't a good MMA fighter in the slightest. I certainly don't see him ever amounting to much, he'll never get a shot in the UFC IMO, he'll win 2-3 in a row then lose 2 in a row.

Marsh's issue is mostly due to S&C and weight management. At 205 he had bad weight cuts and folded when he got hit. His recent fight he didn't have good S&C. I've seen him look amazing in the gym, it's just there's too many problems with his health and preparation. If he can get all that under control he'll do well. I think he may want to consider moving camps, getting an S&C coach, and taking some time off to get his health and fitness in order.

In my opinion his problems are fixable, but he needs to make the effort to fix them, and that hasn't been happening.

Jody Linthicum 1-1 vs. Jason Simbro 0-0
Ashley Gooch 10-5 vs. Juliano Coutinho 7-3
Hyun Man Myung 4-3 vs. Chris Barnett II 15-4
Mu Bae Choi 12-6 vs. Jake Heun 10-6
Mateusz Łazowski 0-0 vs. Marcin Sianos 2-2
Ricardo Prasel 8-0 vs. Edison Lopes 8-2
Maiquel Falcão 37-10 vs. José Rodrigo Guelke 19-13
Alan Vieira 0-0 vs. Abner Ferreira 0-0
Carlton Little 6-4 vs. Justin Frazier 7-2
Jordan Mitchell 3-10 vs. Jonathan Ivey 32-56
Waldo Cortes-Acosta 0-0 (5-1 AM) vs. Darrell Denslow 0-1
Sam Sprauer 0-1 vs. Rico Martinez 0-0 (18-3 AM)

2 big debuts
one big prospect fight
and a bunch off old veteran goons

Dudes is that division really dead? Arent there some Rocky Balboa type guys underground come from behind dudes. Real prospects that proved a thing?

Back