Unpopular Opinion: X-MEN: APOCALYPSE (2016) Is a Better Superhero Movie Than LOGAN (2017)

Can't really agree there, though Apocalypse wasn't that bad. My unpopular opinion is that First Class was significantly better than Days of Future Past.

Agreed. Mainly because of Fassbender. That scene in the bar with the Nazi war criminals was sick.

Magneto reads the inscription on the dagger,

"Blood and Honour...which do you want to shed first?"

Nazi, "We were under orders!"

Magneto, "Blood, then":cool:

Last edited:
X-MEN: APOCALYPSE is an actual superhero movie with a great antagonist, interesting storylines, and effective character development. Its only flaw is perhaps having too many interesting characters / subplots (and also Jennifer Lawrence, Sophie Turner, and a slew of other bad female casting).

LOGAN is essentially a TERMINATOR 2 remake, with a lot of unnecessary coarse language and completely inconsistent stories / portrayals of previously established characters.

Apocalypse managed to fuck up one of the most iconic villains in X Men history. The plot was hot garbage, the special effects sub-par, En Sabah Nur looked liked Ivan fucking Ooze and the fight scenes...well, we've all seen the infamous JLaw Hellbow gif:rolleyes:

X-Men Apocalypse is the worst comic book film of the last five years.

Logan is top five all time.

Agreed. Mainly because of Fassbender. That scene in the bar with the Nazi war criminals was sick.

Magneto reads the inscription on the dagger,

"Blood and Honour...which do you want to shed first?"

Nazi, "I was under orders!"

Magneto, "Blood, then":cool:

My favourite scene too, the music is badass.

Fassbender's full on Irish accent towards the end of the film is a little distracting though.

Sorry guys.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

X-Men Apocalypse is the worst comic book film of the last five years.
Worse than the Fantastic Four reboot, Suicide Squad, BvS, Justice League, Ghost Rider 2, I Frankenstein, Kick-Ass 2, MIB 3, the two Amazing Spideys, and two TMNT movies? Cmon hyperbole.

Worse than the Fantastic Four reboot, Suicide Squad, BvS, Justice League, Ghost Rider 2, I Frankenstein, Kick-Ass 2, MIB 3, the two Amazing Spideys, and two TMNT movies? Cmon hyperbole.

Of the tentpole franchises, yes, it's in that conversation.

Apocalypse was awful. A throwback to super-hero movies that didn't know they weren't cartoons with live actors.

Logan was great with one plot development that was so stupid that it brought down the rest of the movie.

Logan was barely a superhero movie.

Apocalypse was barely a movie.

X-Men Apocalypse was just disrespectful to actual comic book fans and people who know about the history of X-Men, one of the most disappointing pieces of shit i'v ever seen, I was literally sat in the cinema thinking is this a joke?

I dunno what that blue twat is in the film but I can tell you, he ain't Apocalypse, that's for sure.

Logan on the other hand was one of the greatest super hero films ever made up there with The Dark Knight in my opinion. Easy 9/10 and by far and wide the best X-Men related film ever made and ever will be made.

Those people who say it was shit are either A). Not comic book fans and just don't get the whole 'superhero' thing. or B). The same morons who say The Dark Knight sucks.

We put them in a special corner and give them dummies to suck on so they shut up.

Apocalypse managed to fuck up one of the most iconic villains in X Men history. The plot was hot garbage, the special effects sub-par, En Sabah Nur looked liked Ivan fucking Ooze and the fight scenes...well, we've all seen the infamous JLaw Hellbow gif:rolleyes:
the x-men cartoon from the 90's basically gave them the blueprint to making a good apocalypse and utilizing him correctly yet they still managed to mess it up.

There's only two good xmen movies, the first one, and only because it was first. The other was X Men: first class. The rest are grade A garbage, that should be erased from our collective memory.
Funny because the critics and general population completely disagree. Logan and days of future past are the most acclaimed

Funny because the critics and general population completely disagree. Logan and days of future past are the most acclaimed
Critics tend to always disagree with me so I'm not surprised by that.

logan is not really a " super hero movie" its closer to a western if anything. so i guess just take it for what it is.
personally i think if your just comparing the two movies. logan is a masterpiece and apocalypse is... well... sub par. while i didnt hate apocalypse as much as alot of people did it just fell short of being good. missed the mark for me. still not a horrible film tho. but yeah. logan is amazing. top 5 " comic book" movies of all time for me.

nah. Its better than Futures Past though
Not a single person involved with both projects would agree with you.

Contrarian isn't always cool.

You are saying that one of thee worst marvel movies is better than one of thee best. Insane.

Back