Unpopular Opinion: X-MEN: APOCALYPSE (2016) Is a Better Superhero Movie Than LOGAN (2017)

I see the wagon is now against DOFP. *rolleyes*

That was a great comic movie.

X-MEN: APOCALYPSE is an actual superhero movie with a great antagonist, interesting storylines, and effective character development. Its only flaw is perhaps having too many interesting characters / subplots (and also Jennifer Lawrence, Sophie Turner, and a slew of other bad female casting).

LOGAN is essentially a TERMINATOR 2 remake, with a lot of unnecessary coarse language and completely inconsistent stories / portrayals of previously established characters.

<{cruzshake}>

You are a horrendous judge of film.

Logan was a good movie....great for superhero movie standards even though it was hardly a "superhero" movie. Hugh Jackman did a great job with it and the story was very fitting for the character.

Apocalypse sucked. Period.

Best XMen movies were Days of future past, first class and Logan. The rest were mainly forgettable to average at best.

yikes! no, it's not. it's really not.

I see the wagon is now against DOFP. *rolleyes*

That was a great comic movie.

It was comic inaccurate and it was just ok. some of the fight scenes were cool for a change at the beginning but the fight scenes at the end were shit. as a comic book fan i was not impressed. Singer is a shit director

I would disagree. Logan was amazing and Apocalypse was kind of meh for me.

You're looking figuratively.

fig·ur·a·tive·ly
ˈfiɡyərədəvlē/
adverb
  1. 1.
    used to indicate a departure from a literal use of words; metaphorically.
    "we left a lot of people literally and figuratively in the dark"
  2. 2.
    in a style representing forms that are recognizably derived from life.
    "Chinese art influenced her to paint figuratively"
i said that the movie could be literally Taken as a comedy. I used the right word

fig·ur·a·tive·ly
ˈfiɡyərədəvlē/
adverb
  1. 1.
    used to indicate a departure from a literal use of words; metaphorically.
    "we left a lot of people literally and figuratively in the dark"
  2. 2.
    in a style representing forms that are recognizably derived from life.
    "Chinese art influenced her to paint figuratively"
i said that the movie could be literally Taken as a comedy. I used the right word

No, you said it could literally be seen as a comedy.

Because comedy is a conceptual category it can only be seen figuratively.

Unpopular opinion:

Every X-Men film but X3: The Last Stand have been Elite Tier Comic book films.

X-Men, X2, First Class, Logan, Apocalypse, & Days of Future past are all better than Avengers 2.

Avengers 2 is a bit of a mess though most would agree even if it has some good stuiff within in.

I would say X-2 and Days of Future Past are both towards the top of superhero films, X1 and First Class are both good films and Apocalypse like Age of Ultron is flawed but no without its strengths.

Apocalypse was borderline the worse in the franchise....... It's sad they ruined it.

X-Men: Apocalypse is one of the most pointless movies ever made. It represents the absolute worst facet of comic culture.

Mutant powers as a deus ex machina.

Back