Unfortunate news: Sakuraba is not done, will fight again for Rizin

I'm convinced Saku owes a fuckton of money to the yakuza and they're holding his family as collateral.

This is a fucking joke, that last fight was one of the most depressing things I've ever seen in MMA, I think Saku could win but please, match up with another ultra washed up guy or some absolute complete can.

Sakuraba is an adult. Maybe he just likes fighting and feel like life sucks without it...

Carlos Newton is about the perfect suggestion. Someone old, long-retired, and completely shot.

I can't even think of another name fighter, offhand, who is broken down enough to be "competitive" with Sakuraba.

Wallid Ismail?

Miletich?

Kurt Angle would be a cool fight for him.

I didn't watch the Aoki fight, and I won't watch any kind of bout in which Sakuraba can be hurt (MMA basically)

The Metamoris rematch with Renzo was interesting, I wish he would have other grappling bouts like this again other veteran, like Frank or Ken Shamrock, Carlos Newton, etc...

But really, it was Saku who got me into MMA in the early PRIDE days, he is the only fighter that I legit feel sad when he took these beatings when he was already out of his prime 10 years ago...

After reading his first books (waiting for the next one to be translated) it's really fucked up how Takada treated him and Daijiro Matsui, taking unfair amounts of money from their purses, never asking them about which opponent they want, telling the refs to let the fights go on even if they are losing... so they both left Takada Dojo.

I understand Saku's mindset, but as a fan I was happier when he went back to pro wrestling (his childhood dream) and formed team LAUGHTER7 with Katsuyori Shibata, had some fun bouts against Team Gracie (yeah I can't stand USA pro-wrestling, but sometimes I look up some Saku bouts for nostalgia"s sake)

Damn, I used to love everything about MMA, nowadays I'm lucky if there are 2 or 3 fights a month that I have a serious interest on....

Sakuraba for life. I need to finish my KS tattoo some day ^^

RF

Saku v Royce 3
Saku v Ken 2
Saku v other past prime, and/or smaller, and/or inexperienced Gracie.

.. why in the hell is he still working?

Gambling addiction? Coke? Hookers? Faberge eggs?

Guy's a warrior, and I hate that term being used, but it's applicable in Sakuraba's case. Owned the Gracies. Put Japanese MMA on the map. Fought anyone and everyone put before him, regardless of weight class.

But for the love of Christ and your body and brain cells, fucking retire.

Kazushi Sakuraba vs Rickson Gracie

The retirement match of honor

Back