Unfortunate news: Sakuraba is not done, will fight again for Rizin

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score

The caption states: "This man has continued to inspire me throughout his career no matter how many times he falls, he always rises. It seems like he has not had enough! We'll see what he has to offer in his next fight! #rizinff#mmajp#mma"

Hopefully pure grappling or an equally aged and battered fighter.

Maybe a rematch with Carlos Newton.

Hopefully pure grappling or an equally aged and battered fighter.

Like the loser of Royce/Ken 3? Bellator does like to co-promote.

Carlos Newton is about the perfect suggestion. Someone old, long-retired, and completely shot.

I can't even think of another name fighter, offhand, who is broken down enough to be "competitive" with Sakuraba.

Wallid Ismail?

Maybe Kron Gracie? It would give the Gracies another chance to even the score. That being said it seems like an easy win for Kron. I would root for Sakuraba regardless and will root for him no matter who he's fighting.

Carlos Newton is about the perfect suggestion. Someone old, long-retired, and completely shot.

I can't even think of another name fighter, offhand, who is broken down enough to be "competitive" with Sakuraba.

Wallid Ismail?

Plus, if it's anything like their first fight, they won't punch each other.

Vs Royce/Ken winner? that could be fun to watch, Or another legend of that era.....If he fights anyone close to their prime again I will be upset

i wish there was someone to stop both nobu and saku. nobu is a creepy promoter, and saku needs to make money even if it means destroying the rest of his brain, therefore there needs to be an intervening body in order to stop them. if saku NEEDS to keep fighting, pit him against someone other than the aoki types. but, again, he shouldn't see a ring ever again.

Sakuraba is so shot at this point that Rizin can't even use him properly to showcase its younger stars like Aoki or Kron. He can't even put up a decent fight at this point to show off Kron's skills.

Please just bleed god let it be a winnable fight. Sakuraba has given you enough blood and brain cells...and body parts.

Rematch with Wanderlei? Fourth time's the charm!

Funaki Rematch... Funaki wants revenge... But i would still cheer for Saku!!!

Sakuraba Vs Herchel Walker, we would all watch it.

I just saw a thread in the HW forum that said something about Mark Hunt thinking dying in the cage would be perfect way to go. I guess thats what Saku is aiming for at this point.

To the death! Obviously...

If he has to fight then maybe Royce Gracie makes some sense. But knowing those sadists he will propably welcome the newly signed Alistair Overeem to the ring of Rizin....

He only keeps on fighting because he needs the paycheck.

How do you know this? Wasn't his wrestling career, PRIDE run and HEROs run and DREAM run enough?

I don't understand how he can be broke after his HEROs run

Back