Unbelievable....PBC in huge mess

Theres some kind of witch hunt and calls for heads on a stick all across the board (media, forums) whenever PBC is mentioned, everywhere I look its nothing but doomsday and turmoil for Haymon...

its getting old and annoying, but what gets under my skin are so called boxing fans that applaued and egg on this whole ordeal

I sure blame, HBO, Top Rank and De La Hoya for breeding a legion of ignorant stupid fans who make up the majority of the anti PBC campaign.

Anyway, wheres the article that talks about PBC in a positve light? you know, the Corona sponsorship? No, PBC did horrible ratings lets talk about that!

Fortunately that whole lawsuit is towards Waddell and Reed, not PBC.

If anything its more embarrassing to PBC because it shows much money they have wasted to get to where they are.

Last edited:
Theres some kind of witch hunt and calls for heads on a stick all across the board (media, forums) whenever PBC is mentioned, everywhere I look its nothing but doomsday and turmoil for Haymon...

its getting old and annoying, but what gets under my skin are so called boxing fans that applaued and egg on this whole ordeal

I sure blame, HBO, Top Rank and De La Hoya for breeding a legion of ignorant stupid fans who make up the majority of the anti PBC campaign.

Anyway, wheres the article that talks about PBC in a positve light? you know, the Corona sponsorship? No, PBC did horrible ratings lets talk about that!
I noticed that all over the internet before PBC even started. There were just a lot of people who wanted PBC to fail before it even started. I personally felt like it was because of the Mayweather association with Haymon. Pretty silly stuff. Some idiots have missed a lot of great fights because of it.

Really unfortunate how many misguided "fans" seem to believe they were taking some sort of stand against Haymon when all they've done is hurt the fighters who are trying to make a career of fighting.

Fortunately that whole lawsuit is towards Waddell and Reed, not PBC.

If anything its more embarrassing to PBC because it shows much money they have wasted to get to where they are.
Well, who could have predicted that fight fans wouldn't watch free fights? I mean, did people really believe they were going to get Mayweather vs Pac level fights for free every couple of weeks?

Based on that article, looks like the issue is a conflict of interest with the guy that had fiduciary responsibility to manage the invested funds responsibly as hedge fund manager, NOT to work as COO of the company that he invested their money in. Thats not a good look.

Well, who could have predicted that fight fans wouldn't watch free fights? I mean, did people really believe they were going to get Mayweather vs Pac level fights for free every couple of weeks?
He is exactly the person you were highlighting with your other post. He crapped on mayweather 2 years ago and now wants him to fight 3 more times. He said this weekends fights would be shit and wants the match he said was a joke to have its fighters main eventing and co main eventing future PBC cards. He shits all over PBC and says he wants them to do better. He wants big name fighters getting spanked by young guns who wouldn't have touched them in their primes. And wants every main event fight to be hagler vs hearns and get 10 squillion viewers.

But yeah, that Haymon Mayweather connection definitely "tainted" this business endeavor from the start, which is pretty unfortunate and petty.

This. From day one there was a very strong group of boxing "fans" that were rooting for pbc to fail. I saw the cheering comments when a show had bad ratings. It's as if pbc failed then that would striker a blow against mayweather. Pactards proving once again that they are the worst fans in sports history.

He is exactly the person you were highlighting with your other post. He crapped on mayweather 2 years ago and now wants him to fight 3 more times. He said this weekends fights would be shit and wants the match he said was a joke to have its fighters main eventing and co main eventing future PBC cards. He shits all over PBC and says he wants them to do better. He wants big name fighters getting spanked by young guns who wouldn't have touched them in their primes. And wants every main event fight to be hagler vs hearns and get 10 squillion viewers.
There was always boxing on TV.

All 4 broadcast networks had boxing on their sports channels (NBC = NBCSN, CBS = CBSN, ABC = ESPN, etc), but no broadcast network ever thought it was worth bringing boxing to their main primetime broadcast.

I read somewhere that NBCSN paid $150k per show, while FnF paid $75k per show. Thats nowhere near the $2,000,000 or something that PBC is spending, yet still failing on broadcast network.

Even if PBC were to fail, I was hoping they would still spend millions per show and draw big, showing networks that the potential is there. PBC was supposed to pave the way like UFC did for Bellator and WSOF

Last edited:
There was always boxing on TV.

All 4 broadcast networks had boxing on their sports channels (NBC = NBCSN, CBS = CBSN, ABC = ESPN, etc), but no broadcast network ever thought it was worth bringing boxing to their main primetime broadcast.

I read somewhere that NBCSN paid $150k per show, while FnF paid $75k per show. Thats nowhere near the $2,000,000 or something that PBC is spending, yet still failing on broadcast network.

Even if PBC were to fail, I was hoping they would still spend millions per show and draw big, showing networks that the potential is there. PBC was supposed to pave the way like UFC did for Bellator and WSOF
In 1 year? Yeah, no it wasn't.

This. From day one there was a very strong group of boxing "fans" that were rooting for pbc to fail. I saw the cheering comments when a show had bad ratings. It's as if pbc failed then that would striker a blow against mayweather. Pactards proving once again that they are the worst fans in sports history.
Why would you think pactards are responsible? The impression I had for the hate was that it seemed he was responsible for keeping fights from getting made.

i guess talking about the corona sponsorship is better than 567 million lost in less than three years. thats an impressive feat. makes you wonder where all that money is going and where its being spent or pocketed?

lol You guys are actually trying to claim an association with the most famous and most lucrative fighter on the planet negatively impacted PBC?

No. Give me a break. Inconsistency and lame matchups on prime time tv hurt PBC.

Having a television program at irregular intervals on like 6 different channels has a pretty limited history of success.

I noticed that all over the internet before PBC even started. There were just a lot of people who wanted PBC to fail before it even started. I personally felt like it was because of the Mayweather association with Haymon. Pretty silly stuff. Some idiots have missed a lot of great fights because of it.

Really unfortunate how many misguided "fans" seem to believe they were taking some sort of stand against Haymon when all they've done is hurt the fighters who are trying to make a career of fighting.

Can't the hate from people be towards Haymon who is an awfully subservise man? I'm not sure the Mayweather association has much to do with it so much as Haymon hiding in the shadows and consistently vetoing fights that could be huge.

I would love for boxing on cable to work, but it's also led to more division and partisan boxing camps than it has to giving fans the best fights. In the long run there is not answer to that problem, but PBC isn't helping the solution. Some good fights on PBC to be sure, but they seem like a boxing organization running a UFC blueprint but without the monopoly to offer all the fights that fans of MMA typically get.

Can't the hate from people be towards Haymon who is an awfully subservise man? I'm not sure the Mayweather association has much to do with it so much as Haymon hiding in the shadows and consistently vetoing fights that could be huge.

I would love for boxing on cable to work, but it's also led to more division and partisan boxing camps than it has to giving fans the best fights. In the long run there is not answer to that problem, but PBC isn't helping the solution. Some good fights on PBC to be sure, but they seem like a boxing organization running a UFC blueprint but without the monopoly to offer all the fights that fans of MMA typically get.
What sort of shit assed boxing fan doesn't watch boxing because they don't care for one of the suits promoting it?

If you see somebody driving a bus toward a cliff, your natural response should be to tell them to stop. From they beginning Haymon's been driving the sport to the brink.

In the beginning, Haymon prevented some big fights from happening, to try to keep it in house, he raised the money for the entire venture in a very shady fashion...it just goes on and on.

This is true. I remember talking about this and people looking around like they didnt understand what we were saying.
There was a group of certain fans who were praying for PBCs failure before one show was even telecast.

PBC fighters earn more than UFC fighters or fnf fighters.

This is true. I remember talking about this and people looking around like they didnt understand what we were saying.
There was a group of certain fans who were praying for PBCs failure before one show was even telecast.
Queen B

Back