Unbelievable....PBC in huge mess

i guess talking about the corona sponsorship is better than 567 million lost in less than three years. thats an impressive feat. makes you wonder where all that money is going and where its being spent or pocketed?
Bloodyelbow (an MMA website) actually took the time to write about a Funds manager who's being accused of poor management and eventually leaving his position to serve as COO for a "shady person in a company with potential criminal activities" wow, that's headlines news right there.

Either its a slow newsday or (most likely) their joining the hipster's "PBC is going bankrupt" or "Haymon is a shady person who's running out of money" movement.

Seriously, they even stated on there that this was in February and just now bringing it up?

This is getting old!

edit: once again I dont see the big deal in all of this, the case being filed against the funds manager is a complaint for not seeing invesstments soon enough, very common, they want him to answer for the losses (if their are losses in more than 500 mill)

Last edited:
lol You guys are actually trying to claim an association with the most famous and most lucrative fighter on the planet negatively impacted PBC?

No. Give me a break. Inconsistency and lame matchups on prime time tv hurt PBC.

Having a television program at irregular intervals on like 6 different channels has a pretty limited history of success.
I do think that because I saw the comments on Fighthype, ESPN and boxing scene saying those very things. There were a lot of people that wanted PBC to flop. What reasons could they have?

You're telling me that adult male fight fans are against pbc and refuse to watch these free fights because haymon has a connection to Floyd ?

You would think these cards would getter better numbers. They've had some good shows. The production is kinda cheesy though. But that's nothing new.
I'll be watching.

What sort of shit assed boxing fan doesn't watch boxing because they don't care for one of the suits promoting it?

I think you are confusing things. Will some people take some ridiculous stand and NOT watch a fight? Sure, maybe. If that's where your question is coming from. Will some people dislike some of the nepotism among promoters? Sure. Lots of people have a problem with Bob Arum having his fighters circle one another in his stable at Top Rank, doesn't stop some people from watching. I'll watch the PBC fights, even though I have, in the past, expressed my disdain towards the way the boxing world is with promoters. Doesn't mean people won't be disgruntled and watch anyways. Similar to how Pride and UFC split the LHW talent and fans wished they'd fight. Or the Fedor vs Couture fight that never happened. Didn't stop people from watch either promotion affiliated with the fighter.

PBC fighters earn more than UFC fighters or fnf fighters.

Yup. True, but also not the comparison I was making. PBC has only partial control over the talent in boxing. UFC (after Pride was bought) had a good deal more and thus far more intriguing fights (for the most part).

This is true. I remember talking about this and people looking around like they didnt understand what we were saying.
There was a group of certain fans who were praying for PBCs failure before one show was even telecast.

I do think that because I saw the comments on Fighthype, ESPN and boxing scene saying those very things. There were a lot of people that wanted PBC to flop. What reasons could they have?

Haymon was blocking fights for years leading up to PBC, of course he was not well-liked. Some people wanted him to fail so that fighters could go back to fighting each other.

But he then had every opportunity to win the fans over with great fights, but he refused to match his stats against each other. Instead we got Guerrero vs everybody, on prime-time TV, on any random channel he could sell it to.

If he put on good fights at times and on channels people were actually aware of, then the bitchy fans would have fallen right in line to watch. Nobody is skipping Thurman vs Garcia because they don't like Haymon.

Last edited:
I think Seano's suffering some Mayweather-fan paranoia here.

Haymon puts on the likes of Garcia vs Salka, puts the entire sport of boxing on hold for two years with shitty fight after shitty fight while he's manoeuvring behind the scenes, & people don't like him "'cos of Mayweather".

Yeah. Riiiiiiight...

PS: I know, I know. "But other promoters put on shitty fights too!"-flounce-flounce. Yes. & message boards & the Innernetz is chock-fucking-full of people who hate Eddie Hearn fights/Frank Warren fights/Jay-Z fights/Golden Boy fights/Top Rank fights.

The "Anti-Mayweather wahwahwaaaah" thing is the funniest thing I've heard for months.

Warren witch boxnation pisses me off the most. Trash fights and subscription only. No thabks. I'd prefer to see me getting boxed out of the ring by milpitas.

Haymon was blocking fights for years leading up to PBC, of course he was not well-liked. Some people wanted him to fail so that fighters could go back to fighting each other.

But he then had every opportunity to win the fans over with great fights, but he refused to match his stats against each other. Instead we got Guerrero vs everybody, on prime-time TV, on any random channel he could sell it to.

If he put on good fights at times and on channels people were actually aware of, then the bitchy fans would have fallen right in line to watch. Nobody is skipping Thurman vs Garcia because they don't like Haymon.
There needs to be an intern screaming at Haymon for putting on that jackass Guerrero on prime time spots, and with the sometimes outright fuckin retarded matchmaking PBC has done.

But at other times they do well and put on great fights.

They are really 50/50. But they need to get their shit together.

Garcia-Broner. Make the fight for the FOX show in late June.

There needs to be an intern screaming at Haymon for putting on that jackass Guerrero on prime time spots, and with the sometimes outright fuckin retarded matchmaking PBC has done.

But at other times they do well and put on great fights.

They are really 50/50. But they need to get their shit together.

Garcia-Broner. Make the fight for the FOX show in late June.

I'm cool with the majority of their fights. They might even be a little bit better than 50-50.

But they haven't made any good fights with their most popular fighters, which is the most important thing to do. I have seen a lot of good fights on PBC that I just knew hardly anybody would be watching because there wasn't any reason for casuals to tune in.

I agree, I would be okay if Guerrero was never on TV again. That guy should have been retired years ago, yet somehow had a career resurgence getting his ass kicked in on PBC over and over.

Just lol at these threads. All of you should stop watching their fights since all you want to do is cry about something that you in reality dont care about at all.

i was never a fan because of what Haymon did pre-PBC, and the majority of the matchmaking was a slap in the face. However, there were a few fights that peeked my interest

but i think its karma that PBC never took off, for the shadiness that went on

Bloodyelbow (an MMA website) actually took the time to write about a Funds manager who's being accused of poor management and eventually leaving his position to serve as COO for a "shady person in a company with potential criminal activities" wow, that's headlines news right there.

Either its a slow newsday or (most likely) their joining the hipster's "PBC is going bankrupt" or "Haymon is a shady person who's running out of money" movement.

Seriously, they even stated on there that this was in February and just now bringing it up?

This is getting old!

edit: once again I dont see the big deal in all of this, the case being filed against the funds manager is a complaint for not seeing invesstments soon enough, very common, they want him to answer for the losses (if their are losses in more than 500
Good post, but, apparently everyone wants to argue about PBC, Mayweather haters and Haymon instead of what the thread is really about.[/QUOTE]

I think some of the skepticism against pbc is due to the mismatches pre PBC (Garcia Salka,Wilder Molina, etc) and during PBC (Adonis Stevenson vs nearly everyone, Quillen Zerafa) and I think that the secrecy of Haymon turns a lot of fans off as well. Not knowing what Al's intentions are or even what his voice sounds like makes people question a lot of things.
I personally really enjoy the PBC shows with evenly matched bouts, but I usually don't watch the squash matches/"cherry picked" fights that they tend to air sometimes.

i was never a fan because of what Haymon did pre-PBC, and the majority of the matchmaking was a slap in the face. However, there were a few fights that peeked my interest

but i think its karma that PBC never took off, for the shadiness that went on
agree with you 100%

From what I understand of PBC's current situation; PBC is pouring a ton of money into getting as much exposure as possible, getting the "Premier Boxing Champions" programs on as many networks as possible. Granted, it's not bootstrapping, but it is an effort to improve the public reception of boxing. It might be just me, but PBC has brought boxing back into my scope of viewership and I am grateful for that.

[DISCLAIMER: This user is a boxing novice. Any opinions or discussions offered by this user are not meant to be insulting or ignorant. Thank you for your patience and understanding with this user]

You are correct. PBC is going to lose money regardless. That's the kind of deal they have. They simply cannot make money off of ad sales.

The effort was to bring in high ratings after 3 years for the networks to compete for a deal with them.

The reality is that they are almost out of money by 2 years and the ratings are not doing good.

You are correct. PBC is going to lose money regardless. That's the kind of deal they have. They simply cannot make money off of ad sales.

The effort was to bring in high ratings after 3 years for the networks to compete for a deal with them.

The reality is that they are almost out of money by 2 years and the ratings are not doing good.

Ah...Nevermind. Waste if time

PBC was doomed the minute they got involved with time buys. Making the time buy model work is extremely difficult and it's why you don't see a lot of it these days.

The network TV model is archaic and I've been saying this for years now. Has anyone else noticed less and less sports in North America are on Network TV now but boxing is going in the opposite direction? Does that make any sense?

Fortunately that whole lawsuit is towards Waddell and Reed, not PBC.

If anything its more embarrassing to PBC because it shows much money they have wasted to get to where they are.
Queen B, talking about PBC. Shock.

Back