Rumored Umar vs Sandhagen International Fight Week

I think Cory deserves it. I’m not usually one to hate on fighting styles but my god his last few fights have been borderline unwatchable.

Do you think Sandhagen can stop the takedown or get up? So far I feel like vs everyone besides Saidyokub, Umar has taken down at will and done a pretty good job holding down for entire rounds. Sandhagen being a long lanky guy and never really proving himself vs a wrestler yet, I really think this just might be disappointing.

I think Umars striking is shottier than expected when guys aren't so uncomfortable with the speed and kicks. The Abdulmanap gym hates any kind of pressure or exchanges. Sandhagen gets tackled and grappled for 12 of the 15 minutes type shit

I think he'll stop a few, and get up a few times enough to make it very interesting. I don't see him letting umar settle on top, at least not early. I Wouldn't be surprised if he found his own way on top once or twice either. Honestly, I don't know what the fight will look like and that's kind of why I want to see it. It's an interesting clash of styles.

I've got Corey in this one outlasting Umar.

Sandhagen is getting fucked over by a cherry picking O’Malley. That said, he's got brass balls asking for Umar in the meantime to stay active. I respect it even if I think it's foolish to a degree.

Seems really unfair to Sandhagen, but I like the fight.
Chito is fighting Suga mostly cuz he has the win over him despite Cory embarrassing Chito very recently. Then if Chito wins, Cory will STILL have to fight someone else, because the silly challenger rule only applies for UFC favorites

Cory is now out of the closet as a boring points grappler.

Umar was "born that way".

So let these two headline an Apex event -- PPV's need violent talent.
He broke his hand in one fight. Pull the tampon out of your ass

Chito is fighting Suga mostly cuz he has the win over him despite Cory embarrassing Chito very recently. Then if Chito wins, Cory will STILL have to fight someone else, because the silly challenger rule only applies for UFC favorites

I'm hoping o'Malley loses next week and cory fights o'Malley next. We'll see how things work out, though.

You're kidding, right? Blame Font for not being able to stop a takedown from a one armed man. Sandhagen should have been swanging and banging while hurt, risking his win bonus and ranking? Lol.

I think Cory deserves it. I’m not usually one to hate on fighting styles but my god his last few fights have been borderline unwatchable.
...fuck are you talking about? Did you invent a few fights he didn't have, or you think throwing nearly 400 strikes in a fight is boring?

You're kidding, right? Blame Font for not being able to stop a takedown from a one armed man. Sandhagen should have been swanging and banging while hurt, risking his win bonus and ranking? Lol.
I haven't seen as much crybaby delusion around here for ONE fight from a certified JBG disciple since Condit had to best Diaz on points

Last edited:
Sandhagen is getting fucked over by a cherry picking O’Malley. That said, he's got brass balls asking for Umar in the meantime to stay active. I respect it even if I think it's foolish to a degree.

O'Malley doesn't pick title contenders, the UFC does.

A prize fighter's job is to earn the most income with the least brain damage. The promoter is meant to run it like a sport.

The UFC runs it like the circus coming to town, that is the only reason Sandhagen is getting screwed.

Cory will take this fight IMO.
Snatching a 0 from a Nurmagomedov would do wonders for his legacy. Second best thing to winning a title.

I'd go with Sandhagen all day long.

Something was off with Umars grappling this fight. Kept staying in the mount getting swept multiple times until he started to drop his weight and control the legs more rather than force the mount.
I feel like if Bezkat wasn't throwing as many hooks as he was and was actually mindful of the takdowns we would be seeing a 29-28 decision not a 30-26, still not enough to win but at least better off for Bezkat.

I highly doubt Sandhagen won't be able to get up from Umars takedowns. Umar is good at finishing takedowns but his top control is miles behind Islam and Khabib, and in this fight we also saw his striking get tested against a guy not afraid to throw hands.

I don't see why Sandhagen's gotta fight down vs #13 while being #3 and on a 3-fight win streak

I agree Umar should be able to fight up the ranks and today's fight should have been someone in the 7-10 rank range but those ranked above him are mostly all ducking him

But it's not ducking for Sandhagen at #3 with 3 wins to want a title shot or at least an opponent ranked higher than #13. Obviously Merab deserves the TS more than Sandhagen but still

Nah -- he admitted it was his plan all along. Plenty of interviews.

Just admit he played it safe.

Last edited:
UFC Saudi Arabia (attempt 2) main event?

What a fight , Sandman is the only guy consistently asking to fight this monster, because Sandman is a legit gangster
Honestly I have respect for anyone wanting to fight one of the Abdulmanap-trained guys before they get the title. Everyone wants to fight Islam now that he has the belt, but nobody wanted him before that. Umar has had the same problems. A top guy like Sandhagen wanting to fight Umar instead of sitting out for a year waiting on a title shot is a VERY welcome change. I hope they make this fight

I don't remember Sandhagen stopping TDs very well, he usually just rolls with it and tries to scramble out of them. Sounds like a recipe for losing a decision against Umar.

Nah -- he admitted it was his plan all along. Plenty of interviews.

Just admit he played it safe.

It was the same thing vs Chito though, don't play around and take him down, which resulted in 12 TD attempts. Did that mean he didn't throw 378 strikes as well? No. Cuz he's a constant activity fighter who is just getting better at wrestling since it was such a weakness for him before

The guy got tapped in 90 seconds by the previous champ and you're having a cry that he doesn't want that to happen again, while not sacrificing his output (unless he's injured)

Umar did a lot of damage from top control.

A lot more interesting to watch than Almedia and some others

it's a great fight. Corey gets to test his new found grappling skills against a grappling wizard. I don't think it will go as well as he thinks, but I'm very interested to see that.

Back