Rumored Umar vs Sandhagen International Fight Week

mbeethoven

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Umar mentioned in his post fight press conference the UFC has been talking about a fight with sandhagen and they have a date. He mentioned "International Day"? I would assume he meant international fight week?

That’s definitely a good test to see if he is among the best BW right now.
I totally agree. I know Ali mentioned that NO ONE would fight him in the top 15 and even Dana has said "nobody wants to fight him" so there is obviously some truth to what Ali has said. Gotta respect Sandhagen for stepping up to the challenge. Very good match up indeed.

Cory is now out of the closet as a boring points grappler.

Umar was "born that way".

So let these two headline an Apex event -- PPV's need violent talent.

International Dagestan Independence Day brother

Umar vs Merab for the title shot eliminator is the fight to make IMO. Umar's the only one who's likely to shut down merab's spammy style.

would be an awesome fight to watch on a technical level. Umar is IMO the most all around skilled BW in the world but obviously since he got clipped one time in a 30-25 fight against the #1 bw in Central Asia, all of a sudden fans think he’s overrated lol

I also agree but sandhagen is gonna need a fight. He is kind of frozen out with Merab being next.

True, but hopefully he waits until the end of next weeks championship fight. If O'malley loses, maybe cory can get that fight.

Seems really unfair to Sandhagen, but I like the fight.

Do you think Sandhagen can stop the takedown or get up? So far I feel like vs everyone besides Saidyokub, Umar has taken down at will and done a pretty good job holding down for entire rounds. Sandhagen being a long lanky guy and never really proving himself vs a wrestler yet, I really think this just might be disappointing.

I think Umars striking is shottier than expected when guys aren't so uncomfortable with the speed and kicks. The Abdulmanap gym hates any kind of pressure or exchanges. Sandhagen gets tackled and grappled for 12 of the 15 minutes type shit

I totally agree. I know Ali mentioned that NO ONE would fight him in the top 15 and even Dana has said "nobody wants to fight him" so there is obviously some truth to what Ali has said. Gotta respect Sandhagen for stepping up to the challenge. Very good match up indeed.

You know they were already scheduled to fight some time ago.

If he can beat Sandhagen, i dont think anyone can beat him.
That's by far his toughest matchup.

Hopefully UFC gives Corey some good karma for putting his name out there. Umar should take a big step up. A bit risky for Corey but helps winner get closer into contention after Merab. Maybe another fight or so. UFC might like it too.

I am 100% in favor of this fight, huge test for Umar and winner should get winner of O malley/Chito vs Merab

Back