uma glove hype

flikerstance

floridaman
Banned
Reaction score
i heard they are basically identical to grant winning quality is this true? iv never used them but 100 bucks for custom gloves sounds much to good to be true id think everyone would buy from them if true

The gear is not bad. I would not put it up there with Grant and Winning, though.

I don't think the quality is Grant, Winning equivalent. But performance wise can give them a run for the money, might not necessarily beat them, but can give them a race for performance/cost ratio. And you get to choose whatever color, logo you want, who doesn't like that?

Last edited:
Apart from the objective longevity/durability of the material, a lot of this stuff comes down to preference. The RT-41s are some of the most heavily padded gloves I have tried. I did not like them much.

The glove itself appeared to be carefully crafted. I did notice some bumps in the padding here and there which kind of bugged me, but overall, decent pair of gloves—if heavy padding is the sort of thing you're into.

Last edited:
Apart from the objective longevity/durability of the material, a lot of this stuff comes down to preference. The RT-41s are some of the most heavily padded gloves I have tried. I did not like them much.

The glove itself appeared to be carefully crafted. I did notice some bumps in the padding here and there which kind of bugged me, but overall, decent pair of gloves—if heavy padding is the sort of thing you're into.
You should try the IRs. A punchers glove but still provides good protection. Nice pop and feedback.

You should try the IRs. A punchers glove but still provides good protection. Nice pop and feedback.
In due time... In due time...

I've got a pair of Cleto Reyes and Zeus gloves right now (and a pair of 12oz. Fairtex BGL6s) that are keeping me pretty satisfied.

In due time...

In due time... In due time...

I've got a pair of Cleto Reyes and Zeus gloves right now (and a pair of 12oz. Fairtex BGL6s) that are keeping me pretty satisfied.

In due time...

What you did not keep the TU DA !? Man I love mine so much lol

I am waiting on a pair of MarvelousMuaythai.

What you did not keep the TU DA !? Man I love mine so much lol

I am waiting on a pair of MarvelousMuaythai.
Haha, no no. I still have them. I just don't use them very much.

I've been toying with the idea of getting rid of them but am afraid I will regret it.

Man they get better everyday. Bad QC as the seem where the palm split is already ripped. But it won't affect performance.
The seam ripped more than it was? I think they all have a gap where the palm is. It's not so much an issue of QC as just bad quality. Haha.

The UMA gloves and headgear I have are on par with Triumph United, Imho. The only thing I don't know for sure is how long they will last, though Im not doubting that they will be in for the long haul

big brands advertise and build their brand name that cost goes into their gear, i'm sure UMA gear is up there with some of the best brands.

I recently made contact with Top Boxer and UMA about manufacturing some custom gloves. I have been using Twins Special for about 4 years but just fancied a change. UMA seemed more responsive when it came to answering my email so I ordered a pair of RT41s. Has anyone ever used both gloves? I'd be interested in hearing any comparisons.

I think it depends what sort of gloves you get from TopBoxer. I tried the ortho gloves and the RT-41s. I'd say they're pretty different in terms of feel. More feedback with the TopBoxers. Not very much feedback from the RT-41s. I think the RT-41s would be really good for sparring, though.

But the type of foam that is used (and the varying amounts of foam) seem to be very different in the two gloves. So it's hard to compare.

I recently made contact with Top Boxer and UMA about manufacturing some custom gloves. I have been using Twins Special for about 4 years but just fancied a change. UMA seemed more responsive when it came to answering my email so I ordered a pair of RT41s. Has anyone ever used both gloves? I'd be interested in hearing any comparisons.
I have both, UMA (IR or TR-41, not sure, I ordered Winning-like, and stock Ultra, both 16 oz), and a pair of Topboxer from almost 3 years ago. I prefer UMA, and stock Ultra to custom UMA - for heavy bag, mainly. Topboxer - ordered 12 oz Winning like for light sparring - is too soft for my liking, and the thumb is in a weird position for me, but he have different foam densities, and it seems that his designs evolved from 2-3 years ago. Also, Topboxer leather is nicer.

Thank you hangulmalmotayo and florinul, I read your answers with interest.

I should have specified I was wondering what the comparison is between Custom UMA (RT41) which are the Winning-inspired gloves and the TopBoxer Winning-inspired equivalent. I see that florinul prefers the TB leather but not the fit of the thumb... Any other insight would be welcome. Thank you.

The RT-41 is only like Winning insofar as it is protective. I think it's four layers of padding and it's a big glove. Very bulbous, as one person described it. Also, there's virtually no response. Which means on the heavy bag you will not really feel your punches.

The TBs are much more responsive. Moreover, I'd say the dimensions are probably closer to a pair of Winnings. The orthotic foam gives it a unique feel, though. The foam almost envelops your hand when you punch.

Both are good for sparring. For the bag, I'd go with TB, if I had to choose between these two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back