uma glove hype

Interesting thanks. After abandoning them what do you use for bag and sparring now?

In retrospect, I would have kept the RT-41s for sparring. I was looking solely for bag gloves at the time. They felt pretty huge for 16oz. gloves, though.

I have both, UMA (IR or TR-41, not sure, I ordered Winning-like, and stock Ultra, both 16 oz), and a pair of Topboxer from almost 3 years ago. I prefer UMA, and stock Ultra to custom UMA - for heavy bag, mainly. Topboxer - ordered 12 oz Winning like for light sparring - is too soft for my liking, and the thumb is in a weird position for me, but he have different foam densities, and it seems that his designs evolved from 2-3 years ago. Also, Topboxer leather is nicer.
I imagine the TopBoxers have changed, but I found the ortho padding to be too soft. I didn't notice any problems with the thumb, though. Leather was nice for both.

One thing I remember with the RT-41s, even before use, was that it had little bumps; the kind that tend to form in IMF gloves.

I imagine the TopBoxers have changed, but I found the ortho padding to be too soft. I didn't notice any problems with the thumb, though. Leather was nice for both.

One thing I remember with the RT-41s, even before use, was that it had little bumps; the kind that tend to form in IMF gloves.
My UMA had 3 layers (one big on the exterior, a sponge in the middle, and a orthopedic, I think, on the inside. I opened mine after I pierced it with my knuckles after 1 year).

I have a pair of uma ir boxing gloves. They are good quality allround gloves. They have good knuckle protection. They are more or less broken in when you get them. They are a little bulky compared to my other 16 oz gloves including fairtex bgv9 and winning.

Back