UK Firemen on break roll up to McDonalds dozens deep and demand free drinks.

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...fused-exhausted-firefighters-free-drinks.html

• Fire broke out at 4.30pm Saturday at B&M bargains at a retail park in York
  • Firefighters worked in shifts and some had time for a refreshment break
  • They had no money so asked McDonald's staff for freebies but were refused
  • McDonald's today apologised and said they should have been given drinks

A McDonald's branch caused fury when staff refused to give firemen free coffees and teas after they tackled a huge blaze at a retail park.

Dozens of firemen in 10 engines were yesterday called to a raging fire at home store B&M at the Clifton Moor Centre in York.

The flames took so long to put out that the firefighters worked in shifts and some had time for a refreshment break.

5036828-6274805-image-a-8_1539529781949.jpg

They walked one mile to McDonald's on the other side of the retail park and asked for free teas and coffees because they did not carry money in their fire-fighting gear.

Restaurant staff refused before a kind customer stepped up and bought the group a round.
5f43a_129181685634232574.jpg

///

My hot take: These people SERIOUSLY need to check their egos. They are overrated and overpaid for almost no real work nowadays. Their job is neither hard nor dangerous. They seem to think they are some kind of superheroes who should be given gifts and adored just for showing up. They have plenty of water, they can drink that or pay for their purchases like everyone else has to. You don't have any cash, give McDonalds a cheque, you're going to charge it to taxpayers anyway.

Really obnoxious and miscalculated move imo.

Bisexual cuck uniform worshippers come at me.

Edit: the definitive article on the Cult of the First Responder, which is so growing fast in society today.

LOL! TS, did your mrs get banged by a buff fireman or something?

Give the men some drinks for fucks sake. Not like they don't deserve them and mcdonalds can't afford it.

Don't you have a hose in the firetruck. Stick that in your mouth and blast away. I worked a lot with firemen and many of them are a bunch of entitled pricks.

On the one hand the drinks pretty much cost the McDonalds nothing and it would be a good gesture by them and be good for publicity, but on the other hand the firemen should carry their wallets on them anyways and at least offer to pay and not expect something for free.

Must be a slow news day in the UK.

TS wife definitely got fucked by a fireman

On the one hand, if a bunch of firemen forgot their wallets, it's a simple and courteous gesture just to give them drinks.

On the other, most firemen really do have a job that is almost always easy and overpaid.

I would say TS is being sarcastic but you never know with the current state of political discourse on karate forums these days.

I LOL’d.

give the men their fucking coffees... they just put out a fire ffs

You are not supposed to carry wallets coins keys etc. in your bunker gear (fireproof clothing) cause it can burn, pass heat through to you etc. So you wouldn't expect them to have their wallets on them. That does not mean someone couldn't dash to the station or come out from the station or pay over the phone etc. etc. etc.

give the men their fucking coffees... they just put out a fire ffs

Mr Roberts just put in a 16 hour overnight shift in the sawmill. Minimum wage rotating shifts, standing up the whole time on concrete, he was the only British person there and you can't speak to anyone anyway because it's so loud and you have ear defenders on as well as your sweaty dust mask. If firemen get a free tea he should get a free Big Mac meal.

Mr Roberts just put in a 16 hour overnight shift in the sawmill. Minimum wage rotating shifts, standing up the whole time on concrete, he was the only British person there and you can't speak to anyone anyway because it's so loud and you have ear defenders on as well as your sweaty dust mask. If firemen get a free tea he should get a free Big Mac meal.
one is a public service, the other isnt. Trying to compare those 2 jobs is retarded

On the other, most firemen really do have a job that is almost always easy and overpaid.

Does everybody feel this way? I'm legit confused, I have nothing but the utmost respect for those guys, they occasionally die on the job and unlike police typically want to help(not exercise power/authority).

My grandpa had a stroke and when they were carrying him out one of our dogs got loose and went after one of them. The dude made space with very gentle push kicks(just to make space, not to hurt) and after I dove on my dog(whilst yelling at him furiously) and tossed him over my should(to carry him to the backyard), I heard the fireman say, "don't hurt him, he was only doing his job." That shit touched my heart especially when you have cops who shoot dogs the first chance they get.

How will the public manage without any wood products?
fine, if they dont require any wood products. How will the public manage without a fire service? Far fucking worse than if they didnt have someone cut some wood

So next time you see an emergency service worker, see if you can carry out a random act of kindness like the lady in McDonald's did.

Buy your emergency service worker a coffee or a small treat as an appreciation for their hard work.

smh what an unbelieveable level of subhuman cuckoldry this requires

Does everybody feel this way? I'm legit confused, I have nothing but the utmost respect for those guys, they occasionally die on the job and unlike police typically want to help(not exercise power/authority).

My grandpa had a stroke and when they were carrying him out one of our dogs got loose and went after one of them. The dude made space with very gentle push kicks(just to make space, not to hurt) and after I dove on my dog(whilst yelling at him furiously) and tossed him over my should(to carry him to the backyard), I heard the fireman say, "don't hurt him, he was only doing his job." That shit touched my heart especially when you have cops who shoot dogs the first chance they get.
I think most people appreciate firemen. I do, which is why I think McDonald's should have given them drinks. But I also know a few firemen. And they get paid very well for a job that is sometimes, but rarely, mortally dangerous. So like I said, there's two sides.

When I was a teenager, I knew a guy who died one day trying to helping a family escape a fire. He was an orphan in foster care and hardly anyone came to his funeral. Makes me sad decades later just thinking about it.

I have immense respect for our soldiers, police officers, and firefighters. I encourage and applauds the businesses that makes a point to provide special discounts for those whose job entails putting their own lives in danger regularly so others can be safe.

But I'm also against anyone who demand businesses to give them free shit, or anyone who try to pressure others into giving free shit instead of pulling out their own wallets and complete that voluntary act of kindness themselves.

Likewise, I have seen our airlines offering our men and women in uniforms priority check ins or free upgrades from coach to business class whenever there are spaces open, but I don't ever want to see any soldiers demanding those gesture of kindness.

LOL! TS, did your mrs get banged by a buff fireman or something?

Give the men some drinks for fucks sake. Not like they don't deserve them and mcdonalds can't afford it.

Teachers and mine workers deserve them too. Why not just give everybody a free soda?

Op reads like a Fire-Bug never got over getting his ass kicked for setting paint cans on fire as a youngin.

Who the hell hates firemen?

Pyros that got caught thats who.

Back