UFN 112 - Chiesa vs Lee - Oklahoma City | Page 6

Discussion in 'MMA Betting Discussion' started by Mcgregorian, Jun 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wack3d Silver Belt

wack3d
    is it just me or Guida put on some serious muscle? could just be my memory but i dont remember him ever looking this good (no homo)

2. Wiktoruspro White Belt

Wiktoruspro
    Holy shit, you are right

AmericanBeauty likes this.
  3. BatBoyJG Brown Belt

BatBoyJG
    Oh my bad, I thought that was pretty good honestly. When you say pressing you mean OHP? That sounds pretty hard to me lol. No problem with the BP I got up to 215lb at 165-170

Nah I'm not black bro. I'm Dominican so like kind of but not exactly. I don't think anyone I know would say that I'm athletic, I'm barley average I would say. I don't have very good hand eye coordination & am not very good at any sport with a ball lol. Max Deadlift was 425 though.

4. Sham5916910 Silver Belt

Sham5916910
    If by pressing you mean ohp anyone who can press their bodyweight (not push press strict press) can consider themselves strong

5. Jae Gibbz Black Belt

Jae Gibbz

Wiktoruspro likes this.
  6. NorthernLights Orange Belt

NorthernLights
    [​IMG]

7. Stunna77 Blue Belt

Stunna77
    Can't say I am surprised.

8. 2bet White Belt

2bet
    I am fading Boetsch HARD and expect him to get finished.

I don't think he will last over 2.5 rounds, hell, Boetsch's last 8 fights did not get to round 3.

Boetsch is not a point fighter, and he is no Colby Cuddle Covington either.

He will try to knock Johnys head off, but I highly doubt that he can do that since he is fucking slow and one dimensional, plus Johny does have a chin with a mighty beard on him.
    - but if he somehow can make it, my under bet hits anyway.

In his last 5 losses Boetsch always got finished, Hendo did it within 30 seconds, and Ed Herman Koed him as well.

Johny doesn't have to worry so much about his weight cut anymore, he is fighting in his home state and he is super motivated, he is having fun again.

Hendricks hasn't finished anybody in five years in the octogon (meanwhile he did finish every single meal of his, I am sure) - but look at his opponents. All Top 10 guys. Thompson and Gastelum have yet to ever get finished.

I favor Hendricks in every area.
    Is he a crazy knockout machine, fighting in his prime? No.
    Refer to my first sentence, I am fading Boetsch hard, they both have punching power, and I see a lot of value in 2.40 / +140.
    I would expect this fight to end ITD around 60% of the time.

Boetsch is fucking done and Hendricks will retire him (I hope)

9. EzFlyer Senior Moderator

EzFlyer
    I don't get your confidence

Johnny hasn't finished anyone in 5 years and has regressed... He's a grinder now...

The Ed Herman fight is the only real red flag on Boetsch' resume.. but he looked better than ever physically the very next fight and had did again right afterwards

The other guys who got him out of there in the past couple years are submission masters and hendo with his h-bomb.. idk. I get you're arguing a +odds side but I don't get the confidence

Caicara and Sadistics like this.
  10. iGnP Red Belt

iGnP
    Yeah I did mean OHP. Maybe I didn't overestimate how much you should be able to press @Oblivian what do you think is a good ratio to press?

Edit sorry guys I meant it should be average for a pro athlete. Not recreational lifters

Sham5916910 likes this.
  11. quincy k Green Belt

quincy k
    i dont think tim is done. he took the souza fight on short notice but before that has stoppages over natal and samman.

and he really did not take sustained damage against hendo and hermann so it wouldnt surprise me at all to see him end up on top of johhny in the first round like he did agaisnt thales.

i bought tim at +205 and hoping to middle or free roll after the first round.

12. Caicara Green Belt

Caicara
    Tim is a good bet. I'm on him

13. jrleclerc88 Orange Belt

jrleclerc88
    "Average" for someone who somewhat lifts. The "average" person who doesn't lift isn't hitting those #s, especially not squatting

14. Joseph Budden GTM Gym, Tan, Make #Elite Bets

Joseph Budden
    Damn you're almost black? Very #elite

15. 2bet White Belt

2bet
    :confused:
    Fair enough, they are both veterans and it might also end like Belfort/Marquardt.

I am not advocating a big play on the under, I was just surprised/shocked that kushn4pushin said he dropped 1k (I don't know his bankroll size, but 1k is quite a lot for most players) on the under.

1k on a -172 line for a O2.5 in a fight with a guy that didn't get to round 3 in his last 8 fights, that cannot be the right choice imo.

Boetsch is a get-a-knockout-or-get-finished guy for me.

Despite that, I have 4 open parlays that would all close with a hendricks ml win, for 15u plus.
    That alone would be my third biggest win per event ever, so I might be reaching and hating on Boetsch too much.

I have 2,5u on the U2.5 ;)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    EzFlyer likes this.
  16. Oblivian Aging

Oblivian
    If you are talking about a strict press, a lot of people make a goal for BW. I think I've only done 110% of BW and my press is one of my better lifts compared to others. 125% of BW is considered very good.

Now if you are talking about push press (using your legs as well to get it overhead), BW should be fairly easy. I've done 150% BW.

IMO, Squat and Deadlift are probably the most applicable to fighting and measuring strength.

Edit: Also keep in mind BW ratios aren't the best in regards to comparing. A 150 lbs guy is expected to have a higher BW ratio than a 200 lbs guy.

iGnP likes this.
  17. wack3d Silver Belt

wack3d
    guess you made those bets before you watched the hendricks video that was posted here? Hendricks clearly dont give a fuck about fighting anymore. i would never bet on a fighter hwo let himself go like this..

18. TheOneTrueKing 4th most under appreciated tipster @betmmatips

TheOneTrueKing
    anyone got any links to Darrell Horcher more recent fights? i only got these 2 old ones

brooks and liguori highlight

19. Jamah Blue Belt

Jamah
    EZ said that Brown was flaming and he got yellow'd. I was talking with brown via PM's and he suddenly stopped replying because he got banned, but I don't know why.

20. MacPherson911 street walkin' cheetah with a heart full of napalm

MacPherson911
    What about the Vettori fight?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.