• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFN 112 - Chiesa vs Lee - Oklahoma City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying it's bad, but Carla is a distant third at best in a weight class with Gadelha and Tatiana Suarez in it. Not sure she would convincingly hit takedowns on Tecia Torres either at this point in their careers.

Even so she will probably look like Ben Askren against Moroz, who seems content to get taken down and work for subs from her back.

I posted it earlier.
But on paper he's better. It's amplified by how bad Jeremy looked in his debut.
-110 is good odds. I knew they were gonna climb and wanted to freeroll. Don't trust either fighter tbh.
-195? Lmao. Would not touch that.

I didn't realize he opened that low. I can understand that. I personally do not know how I'm going to play the fight.

yea i don't see the vettori value in the mid -200's, but maybe that's just me

@Sadistics you don't need to remind me about last week

If you are talking about a strict press, a lot of people make a goal for BW. I think I've only done 110% of BW and my press is one of my better lifts compared to others. 125% of BW is considered very good.

Now if you are talking about push press (using your legs as well to get it overhead), BW should be fairly easy. I've done 150% BW.

IMO, Squat and Deadlift are probably the most applicable to fighting and measuring strength.

Edit: Also keep in mind BW ratios aren't the best in regards to comparing. A 150 lbs guy is expected to have a higher BW ratio than a 200 lbs guy.
Damn bro, 110% BW strict OHP is legit.

Chiesa up to +110 on my bookie now, if I can get +130 I'll make a prefight bet. I think this is a very close fight, but I wasn't impressed with Lee vs Trinaldo, he had like a 7 inch reach advantage and still managed to get rocked early on, I see Chiesa doing the same thing but capitalizing and getting the sub.
True but Trinaldo has very good MMA striking and he's pretty unpredictable, especially when he has you backing up against the cage. I dont think Chiesa has the striking skills to test Lee's somewhat dodgy chin. I feel Chiesas win over Dariush was a bit of a fluke, he looked terrible before getting that sub.

Strict press is one of my better lifts. There was a contest a while ago in the S+C forum which was max weight you can get overhead for 10 reps any style. I did push press. It had huge carryover to my strict press. I think I started that contest only doing something like 165 lbs for 10 on push press. I ended up at 225 lbs for 10 lol.

Strict press is one of my better lifts. There was a contest a while ago in the S+C forum which was max weight you can get overhead for 10 reps any style. I did push press. It had huge carryover to my strict press. I think I started that contest only doing something like 165 lbs for 10 on push press. I ended up at 225 lbs for 10 lol.
Geez... how long did the contest last?

Geez... how long did the contest last?

It's been a while. I think close to a year. I was push pressing 2-3 times a week though. One day was volume at lower intensity, one day was high intensity at high rep, and the other day was high intensity at a lower rep. I was also improving my front squat simultaneously which helps a ton in the dip and drive.

yea i don't see the vettori value in the mid -200's, but maybe that's just me

@Sadistics you don't need to remind me about last week

Hard to get behind what's now a -285 line, but still no way I'd consider Miranda. I cap Vettori -400

True but Trinaldo has very good MMA striking and he's pretty unpredictable, especially when he has you backing up against the cage. I dont think Chiesa has the striking skills to test Lee's somewhat dodgy chin. I feel Chiesas win over Dariush was a bit of a fluke, he looked terrible before getting that sub.

Now that you mention that, you do have a point. In all fairness though iirc, Dariush was lighting him up with leg kicks mainly, I haven't watched tape yet but apart from landing leg kicks, he wasn't exactly dominating right? Maybe i'm wrong but yeh.

Hard to get behind what's now a -285 line, but still no way I'd consider Miranda. I cap Vettori -400

man i don't, you have it like 80/20? miranda has much better than 20% in my eyes

Think there is some value on BJ, Siver hasn't fought for 2 years (injuries I'm guessing?).

Gordon was slightly favoured the first time around but now is a slight underdog, guessing thats because of him pulling out.

Martin shoud probably be a slightly larger favourite over Case, Martin had a rough start to his UFC career but seems to have found his groove lately. Case hasn't fought for over a year since his loss to Matthews (which he was actually on course to winning a split in before getting choked out in the last minute), anyone know the reason?

Horcher/Powell is kinda interesting because normally I would agree with Horcher such a big favourite but he is coming off a pretty bad motorcycle crash after a bad motorcycle crash so who knows what he looks like here.

Powell does not belong in the UFC at all.

How do you see Miranda winning outside of a HK KO?

vettori could slow down, as he has before.. miranda also has shown really good GnP if he has a tired opponent.. but yea, i think miranda wins w/striking, vettori wins w/grappling

definitely not saying miranda is the favorite, but definitely think more than 20% and not just a RHK

Now that you mention that, you do have a point. In all fairness though iirc, Dariush was lighting him up with leg kicks mainly, I haven't watched tape yet but apart from landing leg kicks, he wasn't exactly dominating right? Maybe i'm wrong but yeh.
Mostly leg kicks yeah but also several over hand rights and a couple of counter right hooks. Chiesa hardly landed anything in the first. Very strong first round from Dariush he even won the clinch exchanges.

vettori could slow down, as he has before.. miranda also has shown really good GnP if he has a tired opponent.. but yea, i think miranda wins w/striking, vettori wins w/grappling

definitely not saying miranda is the favorite, but definitely think more than 20% and not just a RHK

That's true the cardio is a concern, you can see and hear how heavy he's breathing after some grappling exchanges and it looks like he cuts a ton of weight. If it makes it into RD3 I'll be hedging some but still very confident

I would call that a dominant first round, it was more than just leg kicks, he was outclassing Chiesa everywhere

Think there is some value on BJ, Siver hasn't fought for 2 years (injuries I'm guessing?).

Gordon was slightly favoured the first time around but now is a slight underdog, guessing thats because of him pulling out.

Martin shoud probably be a slightly larger favourite over Case, Martin had a rough start to his UFC career but seems to have found his groove lately. Case hasn't fought for over a year since his loss to Matthews (which he was actually on course to winning a split in before getting choked out in the last minute), anyone know the reason?

Horcher/Powell is kinda interesting because normally I would agree with Horcher such a big favourite but he is coming off a pretty bad motorcycle crash after a bad motorcycle crash so who knows what he looks like here.
Think Gordon advertising his past drug use might have a little to do with it too. Just the other day on twitter he posted about how its only been 1.5 years since he was addicted to heroin and meth.

I was on Quinones +135 first time and felt good about it. Pissed at this price change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back