UFC Welterweight Champions with least-to-most Top 10 ranked wins at Welterweight.

Nice try while sounding as nerd as always.

Perry beat a guy who was ranked top5? Why do you lie? Are you such a loser that you need to resort to straight up liying?

Or you mean that Perry beat a completely washed up athlete that at one point many years before had been highly ranked? Holly shit can you go lower? Can you be more of a loser, dude?

Meanwhile, the highest spot FightMatrix has for Perry in his whole career is #20
https://www.fightmatrix.com/fighter-profile/Mike+Perry/136344/

Even a green out of UFC Douglas Lima back in 2010 was arguably a more complete fighter than Perry ever was, you fucking monumental moron, and Lima certainly wasnt one of the most complete fighters in the planet back then.
Bellator champion at the time Lyman Good would definitely have a case to be more complete than Perry back in 2010. That's how much of an illiterate moron you are, loser.

Actually he was ranked as low as 2 at one point (fight matrix) and perry beat him in his early 30s...

Also when did Lima fight in ufc?!?

It’s truly hysterical how clueless a vapid and obnoxious buffoon like yourself can be...

Actually he was ranked as low as 2 at one point (fight matrix) and perry beat him in his early 30s...

Also when did Lima fight in ufc?!?

It’s truly hysterical how clueless a vapid and obnoxious buffoon like yourself can be...

Its a slow news day on Sherdog when people are making arguments about Mike Perry having great wins lol.

Its a slow news day on Sherdog when people are making arguments about Mike Perry having great wins lol.

That dude firmly believes Mike Perry would be one of the most complete fighters in MMA in 2010. This guy is slow regardless of the day lol

just another clueless gsp nuthugger...

Yeah but he is like the 36th different poster who acknowledges you as an illiterate moron. Not even the first nor the second in this thread alone. Its time for you to start accepting the issue is on you, loser.

Yeah but he is like the 36th different poster who acknowledges you as an illiterate moron. Not even the first nor the second in this thread alone. Its time for you to start accepting the issue is on you, loser.

Your boyfriend came to defend you? how cute!

btw gotta love how a guy who can barely write in English calls others “illiterate”

{<jordan}

your poor grasp of Mma is only matched by your poor grasp of English grammar.

Your boyfriend came to defend you? how cute!

btw gotta love how a guy who can barely write in English calls others “illiterate”

{<jordan}

your poor grasp of Mma is only matched by your poor grasp of English grammar.

Yup, English is not my 1st language and still I slap you right and left in your own mother language.

Regarding MMA, dude...

mike perry would be one of the most complete fighters in 2010.

You are sherdog's laughingstock

Yup, English is not my 1st language and still I slap you right and left in your own mother language.

Regarding MMA, dude...

You are sherdog's laughingstock

That’s not how your own thread turned out....

you literally ran away from your own thread and now come back desperate for attention...

{<jordan}

That’s not how your own thread turned out....

you literally ran away from your own thread and now come back desperate for attention...

{<jordan}

Keep telling that to yourself.

Hundreds of posters will keep telling you how much of a clueless moron you are

Just the last example:

mike perry would do EVEN WORSE in 2010 ww division.

<mma4>

mike perry would be one of the most complete fighters in 2010.

<{Heymansnicker}>

<{Red Card}>

Keep telling that to yourself.

Hundreds of posters will keep telling you how much of a clueless moron you are

Just the last example:

<mma4>

<{Heymansnicker}>

<{Red Card}>

Maybe not if I tell them in “mothern language”

{<jordan}

Maaaan, GSP's record is just insane.
Still think Hendricks won, though...

Lawler was such a cool champ lol. Glad he pulled that off

I remember when he came back after strikeforce.. nobody thought he would win the belt and defend it like that.

ABSOLUTELY put me down for this mistake. I underestimated the non HW talent in SF in general. I thought Lawler was well past prime even when he won a couple of fights when he first came back to UFC

obviously, I was spectacularly wrong

Updated Usman's resume, he's now tied with Lawler (7), but still behind Hughes (12) and GSP (16).

It’s crazy, GSP has as many top 5 wins as Hughes has top 10. I don’t understand anyone that questions the fact that he is the best WW ever.

The Flyweight version is here.
The Bantamweight version is here.
The Featherweight version is here.
The Lightweight version is here.
The Middleweight version is here.
The Light Heavyweight version is here.
The Heavyweight version is here.
Champions with most wins in each division here.
The Multi-Division version is here.

Rankings are based on FightMatrix.

Pat Miletich
pat-miletich.jpg

Miletich has 0 top wins.

Carlos Newton
B6JpIktU.jpg

Newton's resume:

#2 Pat Miletich

Newton has 1 top ten win.

B.J. Penn
e3b7efb2fb550194a0315644b81c4adf883c1506r1-366-550v2_uhq.jpg

Penn's resume:

#1 Matt Hughes
#4 Matt Hughes

Penn has 2 top ten wins.

Matt Serra
mma_ufcupsets_10.jpg

Serra's resume:

#10 Yves Edwards
#1 Georges St-Pierre

Serra as 2 top ten wins.

Johny Hendricks
johny-hendricks.jpg

Hendricks' resume:

#3 Jon Fitch
#6 Josh Koscheck
#1 Martin Kampmann
#3 Carlos Condit
#5 Robbie Lawler

Hendricks has 5 top ten wins.

Tyron Woodley
mma-2016-ufc-205-new-york-16-390x285.jpg

Woodley's resume:

#3 Carlos Condit
#1 Robbie Lawler
#2 Stephen Thompson
#2 Demian Maia
#3 Darren Till

Woodley has 5 top ten wins.

Kamaru Usman
IMG_20191216_104026.jpg

Usman's resume:

#7 Demian Maia
#3 Rafael dos Anjos
#1 Tyron Woodley
#3 Colby Covington
#2 Jorge Masvidal
#4 Gilbert Burns
#3 Jorge Masvidal

Usman has 7 top ten wins.

Robbie Lawler
ufc181_11_lawler_vs_hendricks_017.jpg

Lawler's resume:

#10 Josh Koscheck
#4 Rory MacDonald
#8 Matt Brown
#2 Johny Hendricks
#3 Rory MacDonald
#8 Carlos Condit
#9 Donald Cerrone

Lawler has 7 top ten wins.

Matt Hughes
hughes-belt.jpg

Hughes' resume:

#3 Dave Menne
#4 Carlos Newton
#6 Hayato Sakurai
#3 Gil Castillo
#2 Sean Sherk
#4 Frank Trigg
#5 Renato Verissimo
#9 Georges St-Pierre
#3 Frank Trigg
#3 B.J. Penn
#5 Matt Serra
#10 Ricardo Almeida

Hughes as 12 top ten wins.

Georges St-Pierre
georges-st-pierre_original.jpg

St-Pierre's resume:

#9 Jason Miller
#7 Frank Trigg
#8 Sean Sherk
#2 B.J. Penn
#1 Matt Hughes
#4 Josh Koscheck
#3 Matt Hughes
#1 Matt Serra
#2 Jon Fitch
#2 Thiago Alves
#5 Dan Hardy
#3 Josh Koscheck
#2 Jake Shields
#2 Carlos Condit
#5 Nick Diaz
#2 Johny Hendricks

St-Pierre has 16 top ten wins.

This is why when people try to dismiss GSP I laugh. Dude's entire career was basically a gauntlet of top 10 fighters

Have we ever seen a career renaissance like his? The guy was always talented but by the time he reached the UFC again I don’t think anyone expected much. Mark Hunt has a nice resurgence too, but not that level.
I think he and vitor shop at the same vitamin shoppe
<BC1>

This is why when people try to dismiss GSP I laugh. Dude's entire career was basically a gauntlet of top 10 fighters
they pretty much think any ww champ other than serra was better than him lol

such hatred lol

Another misleading thread to glorify gsp .Is gsp one of the goats ? Yes.
He is 25- 3 with a bunch of smotherfest decisions over inferior comp or tiny men ( one of them MADE HIM TAP to strikes)

Far worse, one of them made him tap to an armbar. Tapping to punches (which doctors agree is far more dangerous than a broken arm) at least makes sense, but a broken arm is something most people get a few of just growing up.

Seriously, as any doctor will tell you, anyone who taps to chokes (when they can be immediately revived) or armbars is tapping to something way less dangerous than head strikes. GSP of course tapped to both strikes and armbars. That's better than someone who tapped to two or more chokes /armbars but worse than someone who only tapped once to anything, or hasn't tapped at all.

Clearly if we use the tap standards, Jones and Khabib are the GOATs since they hasn't tapped to anything. GSP, Anderson and Fedor all have -- and Anderson and Fedor to chokes, which is the least dangerous things to tap to if there's a ref there to revive you. People used to line up to be choked out by Judo Gene Lebell, just so they could say they'd done it. GSP at least can claim that he never tapped to a choke.

Last edited:
More than likely just haters of GSP.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of GSP, but I respect his legacy.

Mir had a pretty cool return after his injury; went 7-2.

Arlovski went 10-1 (1) after losing four times in a row.

Werdum went 9-1 after getting knocked out by JDS.

Overeem went 11-0 (1) after four losses in Japan.

Belfort went 10-2 after five losses between 04-06 when his sister went missing.

All but one of them has failed drug tests. Late career resurgences is usually the product of peds.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back