UFC-USADA loophole could be letting chosen athletes avoid testing in secret

I don't care what anyone says about clean living, or hard work and dedication (YEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH). In my opinion, Floyd is the most obvious user who will never be caught in all of sports.

I agree that I don't like a lot of things about USADA, but the UFC is catching more steroid users now than before USADA.

The best testing would be VADA, because they use that synthetic carbon test for designer steroids. Also, USADA allows T/E ratios of 4:1 which is way too high. No legit athlete should be above 3:1.

EDIT: Also USADA doesn't flag tests with abnormally low T/E ratios. Fighters can boost their testosterone and mask it by also using synthetic epitestosterone boosters. However, this often leads to low T/E ratios or 1:4 or less. This is a huge red flag, and USADA doesn't even do anything about it or report it properly.

USADA does CIR testing. Please don't post misinformation

Just go to https://www.usada.org/testing/results/sanctions/ and search for adverse CIR results

Also VADA is an extremely sketchy organization, they run off "donations", hence Voluntary Anti Doping Associaton

I assumed this was how it worked anyway...

Who were the 10 fighters out of the 600 who weren't tested?? If they're top of the card types that could be pretty damning.
this is obviously being saved for the follow up article if the UFC and USADA dont respond.....

I know Ronda is one.

It shows clearly on the USADA website how many weeks a fighter has gone without testing.

The problem isnt merely the lack of testing, but whether or not the fighter knows he wont be tested.

The commissions need to look into this shit whenever a fighter is getting licensed to prevent fuckery both before AND after the fight. As long as a fighter is licensed, the commissions can randomly test them. Even after the fight, if they see a fighter isnt being tested but is still licensed, they should do supplementary testing.

someone needs to tweet this shit to Ariel and see if he brings it up on todays show. This could be a bombshell to the credibility of antidoping.

As far as I can see the only question is about Rousey, the others seem to be mistakes on the roster who aren't tested because they aren't signed to the UFC

bullshit_breaking_bad.gif

We know the UFC is crooked.

And, I believe USADA is sketchy as fuck. I don’t trust the NSAC, either.

All kinds of bullshit.

I fucking knew it and i've been saying this for a while now: anyone doing their camps at this new UFC facility is SUSS AS FUCK, we have no idea whats going on behind the scenes there, the fact that Ngannou spends his time there and magically gained 10lbs of muscle since his last fight, and is the hardest hitter in the division now says something.

This also confirms that Conor was on PEDs when he "retired" for 5 minutes, also the reason he was pulled off 200 cause he couldn't piss clean, not because of media obligations.

Just go to https://www.usada.org/testing/results/sanctions/ and search for adverse CIR results

Also VADA is an extremely sketchy organization, they run off "donations", hence Voluntary Anti Doping Associaton
That's interesting being a GSP fan myself and have never said this and said USADA are corrupt.

Being a GSP hater though, logic is not part of your vocabulary, I would imagine.

OK, I must be missing something - because it doesn't seem like it's a big issue. Testing info IS released so it's only an issue if someone fights and had a previous period where they weren't tested. Ronda isn't going to fight again, the "loophole" won't work for guys like Jones/Anderson, so how exactly is this a big issue?

I struggle to find even a hypothetical example where this would be an issue?

Say, Trigg decides to fight, and has been juicing for the last year, he'd either have to be tested for 6 months, or the UFC would grant him an exemption - in which case we'd all know he was given an exemption (as would his scheduled opponent). Fan pressure, and opponent pressure, could easily prevent a highly suspect cheat from getting away with it. Much like Brock's exemption, everyone KNEW he was using, and the only reason he got a fight was because he sells (i.e. his opponent wanted the payday and the UFC was willing to take the reputation risk for the money. Since Brock popped, I doubt the UFC will be so quick to offer an exemption). Any fighter that is offered a bout with someone that hasn't been tested for awhile, could and SHOULD decline the fight until that opponent has been tested for months. The only legitimate reason someone might take the fight would be due to money - like Nunez fighting Ronda when she (assumably) got PPV points and knew it would sell >1M PPVs - thus was worth the risk (and Nunez knew there was zero risk based of the Holm-Rousey fight).

So can someone explain how this "loophole" is even a problem? We'll know they haven't been tested, so while we won't know if they were clean, we will know that they avoided testing.

The issue is that through 'retirement', fighters get removed from the testing pool. In that instance, the fighter, USADA and the promoter know that the fighter is out of the testing pool, but the public and his next opponent do not. It creates a possibility for selective standards with millions of dollars on the line. Brock pissed hot pre-fight. Vitor pissed hot prefight. In both of these instances, the fight wasn't cancelled and in one of the instances, it is verified that the UFC knew and didn't cancel the fight.

Fighters can retire and unretire at a whim without the public or their opponent knowing about it. The UFC doesnt release an updated roster and USADA doesnt release the list of fighters in the testing pool and any status changes (like retirement).

So as of now, a fighter can 'retire' secretly. Then go on a year long PED binge. Then unretire, rejoin the testing pool and fight 6 months later, or just get a waiver from the UFC and fight in a month. Under this scenario, neither the public, the athletic commissions nor the fighters opponent would have any idea that the fighter just came off a year of being certain that they wouldnt be tested.

Tl;dr even if its never been used, there is a systemic loophole that would let the promoters and antidoping agencies selectively choose which fighters are and arent allowed to use PEDs without breaking any rules and without informing the public, the commissions or the fighters opponent.

With the amount of money potentially on the line, transparency is important. Both UFC and USADA are claiming to be very transparent about drug testing procedures, but neither will release the list of fighters who know they wont be tested.

Last edited:

No idea why anyone would think they are better. Not a fan of either, to be honest.

Oh, in before someone says "but they are overseen by WADA" as if they cannot ignore whatever they fucking want.

I don't care what anyone says about clean living, or hard work and dedication (YEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH). In my opinion, Floyd is the most obvious user who will never be caught in all of sports.
Why Floyd in particular?

They use CIR tests in very rare circumstances. They don't use CIR results very often, whereas they should use CIR tests every time.

No idea why anyone would think they are better. Not a fan of either, to be honest.

Oh, in before someone says "but they are overseen by WADA" as if they cannot ignore whatever they fucking want.

The best testing would be USADA and VADA, both. They both submit their results before they are released, and then we can compare. Let's see who catches more people.

As usual, great post @FrankieNYC this is some UFC lawyer scum shit that without a doubt has been done

Back