UFC STUDY: Many casual fans never heard of GSP

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Meltzer:

UFC did a marketing study and there was a result that surprised a lot of people, and spoke to the changes in the fan base and rapid turnaround. There was a shockingly high percentage of the current PPV buying audience that had never heard of St-Pierre. As it turned out, a large percentage of the PPV audience around today came into the sport with Ronda Rousey and Conor McGregor, and have no historical knowledge of it prior to that point in time

-

I'm curious of the exact number that never heard of him.
At first I was surprised, but I guess it makes sense

It's a guy who lost to someone from Diaz camp, I think... Also pointless trilogy with BJ Penn

Meltzer:

UFC did a marketing study and there was a result that surprised a lot of people, and spoke to the changes in the fan base and rapid turnaround. There was a shockingly high percentage of the current PPV buying audience that had never heard of St-Pierre. As it turned out, a large percentage of the PPV audience around today came into the sport with Ronda Rousey and Conor McGregor, and have no historical knowledge of it prior to that point in time

-

I'm curious of the exact number that never heard of him.
At first I was surprised, but I guess it makes sense

All the fans that heard of him before are probably dead.

<Fedor23>

It seemed like they covered him up a bit.
Hardly mentioned his name when he left.
Didn't show his old fights.
They didn't show the noobs of his importance.

It seemed like they covered him up a bit.
Hardly mentioned his name when he left.
Didn't show his old fights.
They didn't show the noobs of his importance.

Hopefully fightpass can help but I'm not sure who buys it besides hardcores?

Its clear that there has been a shift in the fan base. These forums have never been this bad.

I for one welcome the return of GSP, our MMA overlord.

GSP new middleweight champ!

Its clear that there has been a shift in the fan base. These forums have never been this bad.
I think this horrible like system we have on sherdog has something to do with that aswell.

people are more concerned with their likes received then anything else so 90% of the posts made are funny jokes or trolljobs just to collect some likes over here.

i remember people knew his name because girls thought he was hot

then they tried watching his fights and ZZZZZzz'd and want to watch MMA anymore

I think this horrible like system we have on sherdog has something to do with that aswell.

people are more concerned with their likes received then anything else so 90% of the posts made are funny jokes or trolljobs just to collect some likes over here.

yes

like arm barbarian trying to posts unrelated gifs in the first 3 replies of every thread

Did they ask the right question?

Im sure if you worded it along the lines of a legend Canada fighter with few, it would be a higher percentage who know of that fighter; whethere or not they know GSP's name.

The UFC should lie and give GSP the credit for Rory Mac beating up Woodley.

I didn't know GSP's name when I was watching Pride/Strikeforce and only watching Lesnar type UFC fights.

As I have said...Ronda and Conor are the Cancer of MMA.

Absolute garbage.

Conor is gonna get destroyed just like Ronda.

Back