UFC should impose new rules that ban trash-talk...

The only thing that should be banned is talking about your opponent’s religion, culture and family and stick to MMA related.

Makes sense, although that would take a chunk of UFC's disrespectful Gen-Z audience away.

I'm always about regulations over bans. If something becomes too much of a problem (which it hasn't in UFC yet), regulate!

Spoke like a true snowflake. They are words dude, if you're so offended by words that you want to ban free speech you need help sir.

I would welcome it and then maybe the UFC will get money from me again.

I very much want to get rid of the UFC asshole culture.

Fighters are perfectly able to promote a bout without referring to their opponent's family, culture, and heritage.
Smack talk about the holes in your opponent's game is great. Cracking mean jokes about things fight related is fine.

But Dana has to draw a line or things like that brawl are guaranteed to happen again.
The longer he lets this go, the more the inmates run the asylum.

I agree, also fights are too violent, fighters should only be allowed to strike each other with pillows and submissions should only be who can pour more gummy bears into the other guys mouth.

at press conferences fighters must now silently bow before their opponents. They will be allowed to talk in the cage but only to compliment each others' mother on her good manners and foresight.

anyone who breaks the rules should be cut from the roster and shunned until their dying breath. or commit seppuku.

<{cum@me}>
wont happen because of this

Report: UFC 228 estimated only as high as 130,000 pay-per-view buys

at press conferences fighters must now silently bow before their opponents. They will be allowed to talk in the cage but only to compliment each others' mother on her good manners and foresight.

anyone who breaks the rules should be cut from the roster and shunned until their dying breath. or commit seppuku.

<{cum@me}>
The UFC should hire Sherdog mods and penalize fighters for "fighter bashing". A yellow card results in a 10% deduction/fine of the fighter's fight purse - just like in PRIDE. The fine should go to Sherdog staff's beer fund. ;) @Peteyandjia @panamaican

Oh and BTW "Swearing or offensive language" is already a foul according to the Unified Rules:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed_martial_arts_rules#Fouls

But for some reason it is never enforced... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That would be dumb, but did they pass a new rule forbidding bonus begging? Seems like that use to happen pretty much every card. Sometimes after every fight the entire event. Heh. Not happening too much lately that I can remember.
Sry mate putting u on ignore for that ugly ass av u have. What an eyesore

So 2 guys are just gonna beat the shit out of each other with no promotion? Solid plan.

TS is joking, obviously

seeing a lot of folks seemingly taking the OP seriously

Actually, it should be the complete opposite? Everything's legal and open game. Weapons free on everyone and everybody...women..children..father..country..religion. Now it's mental warfare. Let's see how Conor reacts when someone calls his newborn an Irish drunk tard, just like his old man. Let' see how fast he dances. Let's see how they all react when their families are insulted.

Dana would love this. He hasn't said anything so far. All he does is stand back and laughs. Let's see how this works. You go all out until your boss tells you it's not proper. I want to hear it from the man himself on what's open game and what's not. Until then...have at it.

<{cum@me}>
tenor.gif

I doubt you can have a mature conversation about the topic when you started it out so immaturely. Lol

Code of conduct for ufc fighters should include penalties for trashtalking that includes hate speech. Is that so hard to understand?

Are you against that?

You'd be a pretty shitty person imo if you get off on doing/watching that type of stuff just to flaunt your freedom of speech card. Like everything else in life, everything in moderation is fine. When you go extremist, then you get labeled one and then Civil society corrects you.

Keep it mma. Fuck the rest of it ain't about fighting and skills.

Ok what are the fighters suppose to do ? Hold hands and have a stroll down the park ? Trash talk is what puts money In the bank of the UFC believe it or not. look at the build up of khabib-conor. Millions of views in the first hour of the imbedded episode. The hype was real and even the casual joe down the street knew about the fight. If a ban was placed on trash talk. The ppv would have sold about 500k instead of the record breaking 2.5 million sales.

<{cum@me}>

You PC Bro?

You're going to dictate what a grown man can and cannot say? ummm no...that won't work..not to mention, 1st ammendment rights.
The First Amendment only pertains to the government, not a company.

I made a comment about this in the fight thread as the brawl started.

They should lay ground rules that folks adhere to. Essentially, no religion or shit about people's families unless they're in the fight game

Jesus fuck this "Conor crossed the line with religion" narrative is getting ridiculous. Wtf did he even say concerning his fucking preciously fucked up religion? Called him backwards for not drinking? Really? That's it? People could choose not to drink for lots of reasons ffs. I don't know if I heard Conor say anything Islam-specific to Khabib. Did you?

The entire Caucus culture is based around getting offended. They still have people "honour killing" their own children or other people when someone gets too offended.

The First Amendment only pertains to the government, not a company.

dana has said the same thing..he's not going to tell grown men what they can or can't say...it's the fight game, not golf.

Back