UFC should impose new rules that ban trash-talk...

at press conferences fighters must now silently bow before their opponents. They will be allowed to talk in the cage but only to compliment each others' mother on her good manners and foresight.

anyone who breaks the rules should be cut from the roster and shunned until their dying breath. or commit seppuku.

<{cum@me}>
UFC started to get popular when Tank Abbott behaved like a belligerent idiot and reached new heights with Tito's trash talking. Disrespect and trashiness is what built this organization.

I would welcome it and then maybe the UFC will get money from me again.

I very much want to get rid of the UFC asshole culture.

Fighters are perfectly able to promote a bout without referring to their opponent's family, culture, and heritage.
Smack talk about the holes in your opponent's game is great. Cracking mean jokes about things fight related is fine.

But Dana has to draw a line or things like that brawl are guaranteed to happen again.
The longer he lets this go, the more the inmates run the asylum.

I agree completely...

When you start trash talking someone's family, culture, religion etc...

Makes you look weak... as a person and especially as a world renowned martial artist.

Talk shit about relevant stuff... don't be like Conor and rant about terrorism and give pseudo-history lessons at press conferences.

Jesus fuck this "Conor crossed the line with religion" narrative is getting ridiculous. Wtf did he even say concerning his fucking preciously fucked up religion? Called him backwards for not drinking? Really? That's it? People could choose not to drink for lots of reasons ffs. I don't know if I heard Conor say anything Islam-specific to Khabib. Did you?

The entire Caucus culture is based around getting offended. They still have people "honour killing" their own children or other people when someone gets too offended.
I actually don't know what Conor said--I wasnt watching all the media leading up the fight. My only point is, really, that intentionally trying to trigger a fighter for stuff like religion or their personal life outside of the cage might too easily create tensions that boil over like this.
But at the same time, I sort of prefer adults be adults and that they dont start brawls after fights based on what someone said; I'm more interested in people making better choices than I am the UFC policing what gets said.

ITT: a whole lot of people should join /r/whoosh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back