UFC FN 210 PBP/Discussion

I actually want to know how those were upset about Nascimento getting round 3 feel about round 3 here. In this round, there was actual damage done by Algeo. Solid punches and about 40 of them. Because Fili had his back and got close on a choke that DAMAGE doesn't matter? Or should Algeo have won that round?

I say absolutely yes. The only reason a dominant position is dominant is because it gives you leverage to attack. If a fighter is doing less from a dominant position then the other guy it makes no sense to me to just hand it to the guy in dominant position. The position is just a means to and end. The end is supposed to be damage or subs. So yeah not many judges would score it for the guy with his back taken even if he's landing more effective offence, but that's only because it's so rare for the guy with the back taken lands more effective offence. Reality is Algeo was scoring more than Fili with his back taken. That said if both fighters are doing nothing then you have to give it to the guy in the dominant position.

But that's just my personal opinion. What matters is how judges score it and it seems like there is zero consistency with these situations. Even tonight the judges don't seem to agree considering they were both split decision fights.

He's way taller, but Corey has identical posture to Dom Cruz when they do their pre fight pacing back and forth.

Ryan Hall between rounds. "Come on man, just imanari roll and go for the ankles".

I don't like Sandhagen trying to get takedowns from the open. Song trains with a room full of good wrestlers so his defense is going to be legit.

have over 125 strikes for sandhagen, don't appreciate these shitty takedown attempts

I think Sandhangen got the round and looks like he's setting things up nicely for the rest of the fight.

I say absolutely yes. The only reason a dominant position is dominant is because it gives you leverage to attack. If a fighter is doing less from a dominant position then the other guy it makes no sense to me to just hand it to the guy in dominant position. The position is just a means to and end. The end is supposed to be damage or subs. So yeah not many judges would score it for the guy with his back taken even if he's landing more effective offence, but that's only because it's so rare for the guy with the back taken lands more effective offence. Reality is Algeo was scoring more than Fili with his back taken. That said if both fighters are doing nothing then you have to give it to the guy in the dominant position.

But that's just my personal opinion. What matters is how judges score it and it seems like there is zero consistency with these situations. Even tonight the judges don't seem to agree considering they were both split decision fights.

Okay cool. I don't know how I feel about that round honestly. I was on Algeo so obviously wanted him to win for my bet LOL. And your points are valid.

I do think that's a difference between Algeo and Boser, because one did actual damage with pretty hard strikes and the other didn't. But I think this stuff is still subjective to a degree so it's not always easy to find the "right" answer for scoring.

"Dr. Just Bleed"

Frankie Edgar is the worst thing to ever happen to Sandhagen. He uses his flying knee as much as his 2.

2-0 Song. Judges maybe gave the 2nd to Sand because of the cut drama.

Back