UFC FN 208 PBP/Discussion

Big letdown again in ME, was such a good matchup on paper. I was dead wrong about Hermannson. Not that I didn't think he'd win, I thought it was a coin toss or maybe even favored him a little. I just figured he'd need to use some grappling and he didn't. Gus needs to hang it up, he's more than washed. Oez did what he had to vs Craig. Meatball is a legit finisher vs lesser opponents, rare in WMMA. Even big faves so often coast for decision wins.

As I said Aspinall would tear his knee off in the first minute. Wish y’all would listen to me sometimes

Dogshit capping skills bro. How could you not see that coming haha?

Tough beat. Nothing you can do about that shit.

Sorry to all Chris Curtis bettors but I'm happy you lost. His hype train was the most annoying thing in recent times. He was never that good but some goofballs kept hyping him up. Action maaaan whatever.

Sorry to all Chris Curtis bettors but I'm happy you lost. His hype train was the most annoying thing in recent times. He was never that good but some goofballs kept hyping him up. Action maaaan whatever.
Yeah bad read on my part, you're right I let the hype blind me.

I was heavy on the over 1.5 in this one, but that's an odd read to have. He's cashed as a moderate/heavy dog twice and cruised fairly comfortably vs. Viera. If anyone that's been forming a "hype train" that lost on him tonight, they are still way ahead.

Eventually Paddy is going to lose to somebody at the UFC.

A bit of ashamed for Craig Paul today its like he didn't wanted to unleash his wrestling skillset on this fight match today not sure what went wrong with his game plan.

Craig Paul always loses when he turns to striking/boxing.

I was heavy on the over 1.5 in this one, but that's an odd read to have. He's cashed as a moderate/heavy dog twice and cruised fairly comfortably vs. Viera. If anyone that's been forming a "hype train" that lost on him tonight, they are still way ahead.
Don't think there is single person who bet him 4 times in a row or even 3 times. He was expected to lose to Hawes but pulled it off. Good. Then he fought very inconsistent Allen and people were still on Allen saying the Hawes fight was big fluke. Curtis won again. Then everyone realized Curtis is 'good' and bet him vs Vieira at pick'em and won. Now they bet the Vieira winnings on Curtis against Hermansson and lost. They are break even not far ahead.

Eventually Paddy is going to lose to somebody at the UFC.

A bit of ashamed for Craig Paul today its like he didn't wanted to unleash his wrestling skillset on this fight match today not sure what went wrong with his game plan.

Craig Paul always loses when he turns to striking/boxing.
Breaking news! Craig doesn't have good offensive wrestling so there was nothing to 'unleash'. It only worked against shot old shopworn Shogun. Everything went according to plan for Craig it's just Volkan was better on the ground than Craig expected.

Don't think there is single person who bet him 4 times in a row or even 3 times. He was expected to lose to Hawes but pulled it off. Good. Then he fought very inconsistent Allen and people were still on Allen saying the Hawes fight was big fluke. Curtis won again. Then everyone realized Curtis is 'good' and bet him vs Vieira at pick'em and won. Now they bet the Vieira winnings on Curtis against Hermansson and lost. They are break even not far ahead.

Well you are basically just explaining odds, but that's not really helping your argument. He's +EV in the UFC and has clearly beat the odds. And how in the world are people fading him as a big underdog twice and winning on him once constituting a hype train?

Lol I did. He’s been a nice money train

Hermanson is nothing special. Didn’t think he would fight like he did and neither did most people

I was on him vs both Hawes and Allen. Lost on the ITD against Viera as I figured one would finish. This fight I was on the over 1.5 as it was an odd fight to see how it would go. I think this fight was actually a pretty good indicator of where not to play Curtis now. He'll always do well against guys that need to take him down or strike in the pocket. If you have someone who is high volume and can stay out of the pocket or even eat up the clock on the fence, he's going to have some trouble catching back up on the numbers.

No need to be negative toward your fellow Sherbros.

I had the best read and bets on that fight when compared to everyone else here, but you don't see me rubbing it in because they lost on the hype train.

As for that fight, I watched all of Hermansson's fights against strikers in the UFC, and Curtis' fights in the UFC (this was supposed to be another easy fight against a grappler).

After seeing what the both offer and their improvements and cage size and output, I went with the guy who was bigger, longer, stronger, has good striking output, can wrestle or at least clinch and grind against the cage, and is the more technical striker in the fight even though people think that Curtis' pure boxing is better than what Hermansson does.

Hermansson just needed to avoid the straight left against another southpaw to win, which he did, and then some.

Back