UFC fines Anderson Silva $50.000 for media-event no-show

Since when has a contracted promoter fined their fighter? UFC isnt a league, club or team.

It's not a 'contracted promoter', it is an organisation. These fighters are contracted under this organisation to show/fight and do whatever the contract says.

This is not boxing.

Anyway, Anderson's a boss and he'll make 10 times that fight night.

Pulled an overeem and skipped out on a surprise drug test perhaps?

he should also be fined for being scared shitless to move up and fight Jones at LHW.

Fatboy_reacts.gif

The UFC wants Silva as their champ....And always have. He does such a great job with the media, and fans. He puts so much into his job and is always giving back. He really seems to care.

All that "Anderson Silva" money really seemed to make him care. He seems like he really wanted this fight.

There is always two sides of the story. Maybe he had a good reason to do so, so i hope people listen to Anderson's side first. People have emergencies or other situations happening in their life all the time.

Does that mean he has to give the UFC 50k or are they just going to take it out of his check for the next fight?

I wonder if this was Anderson's way of protesting the fight. Sorta like "Weidman wanted the fight so bad and was willing to sell it to the fans/media for the last year so now let him sell it by himself".

I dont know about that

Back