UFC fighters you have met or trained with

Met Ken Shamrock when he was with the WWF at Winter Nationals Drag Racing. He was with some ugly ass ogre looking lady.

Met Rampage at rehab pool party in vegas, met rockhold a few times as he is great friends with one of my best friends, and met Joe D’arce at the gym i work out at.

Frank Mir is probably the nicest fighter I have met.Guy can talk your ear off and he's so passionate about the sport.My friend introduced me to him and he talked for like 30 minutes while at work lol (a friend I grew up with was a dancer at the Spearmint Rhino where he worked in '04 ish).Surprisingly enough Sugar Ray Leonard was the biggest dick I met (but it was like 6 am).
My buddy tells me the same story about Sugar Ray Leonard several times now. Says the same thing, he was a complete asshole. Talked down to him and acted as if nobody was near his level.

I met Stipe and Jessica Eye in 2013 when they were doing that "Hunt for the UFC" promotion on Twitter around the country. They ended up being outside of the Rock'n Roll Hall of fame and hung out/signed autographs/took pictures. I still have the signed promo picture somewhere at my parents.

Met a bunch at a Fan Expo... Talked to Nate Diaz for a while. Actually a cool guy...

Anderson Silva..... acted a fool there. He was outside the bar I was in so I snuck up to the table by the door. He came through and looked at me like I was a stalker lol..... awkward.

Sooo...what happened next?
iu

My buddy tells me the same story about Sugar Ray Leonard several times now. Says the same thing, he was a complete asshole. Talked down to him and acted as if nobody was near his level.
When Leonard was an active fighter, he like many of the top fighters of the 80's was a cocaine user. He also beat his wife. He speaks well and looks like the All-American guy but he was phony; however, he has dropped the vices so he could be much different now.

Who have you trained with and who have you met?

Oh fun, I haven't done this in a while. Ive been very fortunate. Im not sure if this is all of them but its a pretty complete list. (please forgive any spelling errors which Im sure I made plenty of)

While Im not training partners with, in seminars or in other contexts Ive shared the mats with;
Jason Lambert
Joey Beltran
Buchecha
Leo Vieira
Caio Terra
Geo Martinez

Fighters Ive met is a looooooong list;
Jake Shields
Alister Overeem
Robbie Lawler
Fabricio Werdum
Tito Ortiz
Jamie Varner
Chad George
Ryan Bader
Kevin Randleman
Cung Le
Rumble Johnson
Bret Rodgers
Mike Swick
Bas Rutten
Marcus Davis
Cub Swanson
Bryan Bowels
Dan Hardy
Cowboy Cerrone
Dean Lister
JZ Cavalcante
Patrik Cote
Nate Quarry
Grey Maynard
Martin Kampman
Mike Brown
Travis Luter
Petet Sell
Rampage Jackson
Cain Valasquez
Jason MacDonald
Clay Guida
Joseph Benavidez
Forrest Griffin
Nick Diaz
Tim Creduer
Brad Blackburn
Joey Villasenor
Sam Stout
Efrain Escadero
Ben Henderson
Shonie Carter
King Mo
Bobby Lashley
James Wilks
Miguel Torres
Shogun Rua
Gilbert Yvel
Nate Marquardt
Renzo Gracie
Wanderlei Silva
Ivan Salaverry
Joe Stevenson
Rashad Evan
Andrei Arvloski
Karo Parysian
Randy Couture
Frank Trigg
Gabriel Gonzaga
Heath Herring
Keith Jardine
Roger Huerta
Josh Koscheck
Stephan Struve
Dan Henderson
Tatsuya Kawajiri
Terry Etim
Cyborg Santos (female)
Cyborg (male)
Rafael Lovato Jr
Rumina Sato (by far the HL of all the people Ive met)

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Names Ive met;
Rorion Gracie
Bill Cooper
Rener Gracie
Eddie Bravo
TJ Desantis
Josh Gross

Other MMA personalities Ive met;
Dana White
Joe Rogan
John Hackleman
Mark Ratner
Greg Jackson
Stitch Duran
Bruce Buffer
Ariel Helwani
Jay Glazer

Last edited:
trained around caceres, yoel and masvidal would pass by a lot. yoel would watch the boxers in the gym spar a lot. um thats probably it...would be around yoel and caceres a real lot almost daily both nice guys.

went up to orlando for nate seminars in 2013 before he became popular then hit universal studios. was cool just talkked shit with him while he did his seminar. said he was doing boxing the day i went and it was bjj so i didnt do it and just talked shit, he was a bit uncomfortable but hes cool as fuck so was his girl.

met a bunch of guys at arnold classic expo back in 2010 not worth mentioning anything beside couture is a dick and ryan baders cool people.

Krystof, Mark Munoz, Michael Guymon, Jessica Pene, Jason Miller

Yeah,it was the morning after a Contender show Finale which I went to but I was actually at the hotel for the weekend for the company I worked for at the time having a show.Before the show I was in there watching them put the ring together because the show I was working for my company was in a large space next to the arena and I had security pass to go anywhere cause I had to unload stuff off trucks on the dock so I was poking around.They did a walk through and I waved and he just ignored me.

So the next morning he was behind me in line at a little store,I was just getting some redbulls and it was about 6 am.I turned and I said you vs Hagler was the first big fight I saw and I have been a fan ever since.He gave me this stupid look like I was bothering him and mumbled thanks as his bodyguard or whoever the hell it was stared me down.I didn't even bother reaching out for a handshake you just know when someone's in a horrible mood or just an asshole.After that I heard lots of people say he was an asshole so I guess he's just an asshole.

Met Jake Shields as I was leaving Buffalo Wild Wings after UFC 211. Took pictures with me and several other people before he left. Super cool dude. Much bigger than he looks on tv.

Wrestled against:
Lamas
Kenny Robertson
Shamar Bailey
Beebe
Wayne Weems (TUF loser)

Met:
Fedor
Royce
Woodley
Phil Davis
Michael Chandler
Guida
Hughes
Lawler
Timmeh
Big John

Cyber Stalked:
Ben Askren

in a crowded bar years ago with my buddy(who is known for getting drunk, starting shit for no reason& not being able to back it up)anyway he tells me"im about to get into a fight&i need u to back me up."so i ask with who?he points out this big ugly MF& tells me hes going to fuck him up..it was HW boxer Chris Areolla,who at the time was just coming off the Klitschko fight..i explained who he was to my buddy&he decided it was Chris lucky nite..

Met GSP, Wanderlei, David Loiseau, Mark Hominick, Rashad Evans, Mark Hunt, Dan Severn, Sam Stout, Patrick Cote.

Trained with Shogun and Andre Dida Amado for a few days.

Shogun was by far the nicest and most likeable guy you can meet, can’t say enough good things about him.

I worked in the media 10 yrs ago. I got to interview fedor,frank shamrock,couture and others face to face. I did later take training seminars w khabib and matt serra

Back